Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LastOnePicked

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LastOnePicked

  1. Not something I expected to read after the first two batters.
  2. The further you were from ground zero, the less you show signs of contagion.
  3. Again, this is a younger team now. Do they know that two hits in a row is also legal?
  4. The Yankees are already sizing up Emma for their '31 squad.
  5. Oof. After a third straight collapse AND a potential work stoppage that might expose the worst of pro sports greed, I'm not sure optimism will be the dominant emotion in MN at the start of the next season.
  6. Listening to Gladden accidentally and pornographically messing up Kaelen's last name is typically worth a chuckle.
  7. He was my favorite Twins prospect surprise. Loved seeing him come up and establish himself. I'm sad as well. He should see if there's a bionic arm company in the Twin Cities.
  8. Baseball is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. Someone just needs to tell that to the hometown 9. Not many Twins fans left by this point, fellas. We gotta stick together.
  9. Well, it's something most major league hitters wouldn't expect to see. Element of surprise.
  10. It's not an unrealistic fantasy, no - but the outcome wasn't exactly unexpected. Lopez and Buxton have significant injury histories. Ryan has had hiccups that suggest late-season fatigue. The fact that Buxton, Ryan, Lopez and Jeffers were all in good condition in the offseason was something of a miracle. To me, it would have signaled a clear opportunity to move on while value was high. Especially right after a bullpen-decimating fire sale. I get that this wouldn't have been a popular move. I guess I'd rather have ownership that was focused on maximizing it's chances to improve the organization than seeming like the "good guy" with an already-dwindling fanbase. It was a risk, and it all utterly backfired. It didn't bring even a WC berth and it certainly hurt the team's future prospects for winning. I'd say that's Tom Pohlad's problem, but in reality it's probably more of a problem for those of us who want to see the Twins in a World Series again someday.
  11. I remember when the draft-and-develop "pitching pipeline" was going to be a thing here, and Bailey Ober was touted as just the first barrel. Seems to have dried up pretty quickly.
  12. The Sonny Gray trade worked well - we just didn't see it to fruition. I just want a FO that I trust to exploit the market when opportunities arise.
  13. "Always" is too long even for my pessimistic tastes. But in the near term, yes.
  14. If only. No one who loves money would run a business this way.
  15. You might need to see a doctor as soon as the season's over.
  16. See? I knew it wasn't legal for Caratini to get two hits in the same game.
  17. That's weird. It doesn't seem like reality works the same in Cleveland or Milwaukee. Huh. But if your argument is that Tom Pohlad really doesn't care and Zoll is in over his head, I might agree.
  18. Let us know when they win something. Otherwise, keep the critiques flowing, gang.
  19. Maybe the grounds crew will let the Twins run the bases after the game.
×
×
  • Create New...