-
Posts
583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Heiny
-
Twins Daily 2022 Top Prospects: #2 Royce Lewis
Heiny replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I really want Lewis to succeed. I would love him to be the SS of the future. I am pulling for him more than any other minor leaguer. But, my position is for the team to "TRY" to win the WS "every year". That is the point of the game. Along those lines, I think the Twins should sign Story, sign Rodon, and trade for a couple more SP. That gives us the best chance to win in 2022. After the season, re-evaluate. My dream team for 2024 would be an infield of Kirilloff, Polanco, Story, Miranda. OF of Martin, Buxton, Lewis, C Jeffers/Rortvedt, utility Gordon, Larnach, Arraez. But, no matter where Lewis ends up playing, I want him to succeed and as a Twin. He will be my new favorite player as soon as he makes the squad and for as long as he succeeds. I am a big fan. By the way, thanks to all the TD contributors and commenters. Whether I agree or not, I love the comradery of this group. -
Twins Daily 2022 Top Prospects: #3 Jose Miranda
Heiny replied to Jamie Cameron's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I think the Twins have a very bright future. I think our prospects will serve us well, with deep strong pitching prospects and deep strong hitting prospects. But, what we need to do is concentrate on 2022. I believe that MLB teams should be trying to win the WS every year. The Twins need a SS and pitching this year. Sign Story, sign Rodon and use Arraez, Kepler, Donaldson and or Sano as trade bait for another starter or two. We have the players to replace at least two of the trade pieces IMHO now. Miranda could and probably should be one of the replacement options. I believe this would make us a very competitive team this year. Next year we re-evaluate just like every year. If you are not trying to win, what is the point. The FO should be showing the fans that "they are trying to win". EVERY YEAR. That is their job. (LOL, what a dreamer, eh?) -
How We Built This: The Story of Twins Daily
Heiny replied to renabanena's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
TD has been my most visited and most read site since I found it. Love the content and especially the comments. Love the opinions on the major league club. Love the opinions on the minor leagues and the superb info on Twins prospects. I am from Seths' hometown and know his family. Any other Perham natives following the site? Also, do you know of any other mlb teams that have super fan sites like TD? Well, keep up the great work. And I'll keep reading.- 22 replies
-
- john bonnes
- nick nelson rap battle
- (and 3 more)
-
What Happens if the MLB Season Gets Delayed?
Heiny replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
To me, this is utter madness. When was the last CBA signed? How long has each side had to figure out what they believe is fair and what is not? Why at this point, have they not figured out what is fair to both sides. A new CBA should have been hammered out before the previous one ended. Why can't these ultra rich SOB's ever learn from the past? SOLUTION: Continue with the past CBA until they work out a compromise and if not complete by the end of season, call in a federal arbitrator. Not mediator. My prediction? They do whatever they end up doing with no regard to the fans or what is good for baseball. MLB will continue in a downward spiral until it someday implodes. Fans will be pissed for quite a while and then start throwing our money back at them. Then we can do this all over again when super rich isn't enough again. -
Stock Watch: 3 Falling Twins Prospects
Heiny replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?- 22 replies
-
- keoni cavaco
- royce lewis
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ten Years of TD: The Top 5 Twins Daily Articles from 2014
Heiny replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Nice top 10 prospects list. 7 of the 10 have have had very successful careers to this point. Looking forward to the current crop doing the same. (Or Better). -
Don't Sleep on Larnach. He will be an all-star. He will adjust to the off-speed pitches and I believe he will drastically improve on defense with good coaching. This kid will get another chance and will crush it. Hopefully with the Twins.
-
IMHO both players being one and done is an absolute travesty. Totally dislike the voting system. Voters could vote for someone, just trying to keep them on the ballot, thinking very few would, and could effectively get them voted in on first ballot. Without being able to see other writers ballots the contrary result can leave deserving players out. There seems to be no sense to the voting process. And very little to reverse the process sans the Veterans Committee. Stinks in my opinion.
- 31 replies
-
- johan santana
- joe nathan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Securing Sauce: Should the Twins Extend Mitch Garver?
Heiny replied to Nash Walker's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I don't necessarily agree nor disagree with your take. But I love the word indubitably! -
Locking up Louie: Should the Twins Extend Luis Arraez?
Heiny replied to Nash Walker's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Interesting thoughts, but I don't really think any of it plays until we find out what is in the new CBA, concerning arbitration and time till free agency. As parameters change for player movement, I believe Arraezs' value also changes at least to some extent. -
C - Garver 1B - Kirriloff 2B - Polanco 3B - Miranda SS - Story LF - Martin CF - Buxton RF - Larnach DH - Sano/Donaldson spelling 1B/3B Kepler/Arraez packaged for SP Gordon - utility IF/CF Jeffers - backup C Billy Hamilton - backup OF/with Celestino and Rooker in minors ready to contribute. SP - Rodon, Pineda, Ober, Ryan, Bundy/Dobnak - depending on whether we can get a SP for the Kepler/Arraez trade. RP - Rogers, Duffy, Alcala, Garza, Stashack, Thielbar, Thorpe. With plenty of arms in the minors for injuries and tryouts. This means we need to be active in the leftover FA market, but I think these are all do-able. And I also think this is a team that can compete for the division. And no, I don't drink or smoke dope.
-
International Player Profile: Bryan Acuña
Heiny replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
And I see JJ Watt, TJ Watt, Derek Watt Peyton Manning, Eli Manning with father Archie. Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr. and countless others with familial genes. Probably worth a shot IMHO.- 10 replies
-
- bryan acuna
- ronald acuna jr
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
3 Reasons Why Now Is Not the Time For a Rebuild
Heiny replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Absolutely not. I still believe the 2022 season could be ours for the taking. What would it take? 1. Sign Story for SS. 2. Sign Rodon and Pineda. 3. Trade for one more starting pitcher. I think that is all do-able and within budget. I'd love to see an influx of young guns in the rotation and the lineup, but as supplements, not counted on for the success of the season. Then with the depth of the minors, we should be able to sustain competitiveness for years to come. And no, I don't drink or do drugs! -
The Twins Need Buxton Insurance
Heiny replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I think the same can be said about Billy Hamilton. Maybe not the greatest offensive numbers, but he always seemed to bring it against the Twins.- 24 replies
-
- byron buxton
- albert almora
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
12 Days of Twinsmas: #1 Kirby Puckett
Heiny replied to David Youngs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Ditto on the Morneau over Knobloch. -
12 Days of Twinsmas: #1 Kirby Puckett
Heiny replied to David Youngs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
As a 1997 baby I never had the chance to watch Kirby Puckett play in person. Got my first chuckle of the day. Then got a little depressed thinking of how old it made me feel. Then how lucky I felt having been able to see Harmon play, and Tony O' play, and Carew play, and Herbie, and Sweet Music, Johann, and Roy, and Kirby, and Joe and even Laudner, Larkin, Gladden, Bostock, and all the others. Gotta say, I've had a good Twins life. Thanks for the articles. -
What if the Minnesota Twins Go All In on Offense?
Heiny replied to Matthew Taylor's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I, for one don't think games take too long. Give me old fashioned baseball and let it play out as it should. Remember, "THERE IS NO CLOCK IN BASEBALL".- 31 replies
-
- trevor story
- kris bryant
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think we also need to look at how many of our prospects we are going to need to add to the 40 man roster next year. I really don't know, but I'm thinking there will be several. I think that trading a few prospects to be able to compete this year and in the future may be advisable. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about future prospects could weigh in on this. How about it Seth?
- 48 replies
-
- max kepler
- luis arraez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Will José Miranda Make the Twins' Opening Day Roster?
Heiny replied to Nash Walker's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The ideal situation in my mind would be to package Donaldson and Arraez for SP, sign Rodon and Pineda. Sign Story and play Miranda at third. We have Gordon for utility and I still believe in Larnach for left field. We also have Martin waiting in the wings for LF. Lewis? I think 2022 may be the best time to see what our youngsters can do, but I also think this scenario allows us to compete this year. -
12 Days of Twinsmas: #8 Kent Hrbek
Heiny replied to Andrew Mahlke's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
A fan favorite for very good reason. Had a great bat and a great glove. Should have several gold gloves also. But most of all, Hrbek was a great guy. I got a chance to meet him once when Hrby, Gardner, and Vavra came to my place of employment in Perham Mn. after he retired. The man was super cool, funny and nice to everyone. Great sense of humor too. Signed my glove. I asked Gardy if he was looking for a right handed power hitter with blazing speed. He looked at my big ol' gut and said " I don't doubt the power, but I'm gonna have to grab my stopwatch from the car. All-time Minnesota favorite. -
There is only one scenario where I would trade Lewis at this point. And that would be if we were to sign Story to a 4+ year contract. We would then have our good hit SS for the foreseeable future. If that were the case I would consider packaging Lewis for multi-year team control SP. But I would not trade both Lewis and Martin. These guys are still just 22 years old, and both have high up side major league talent. And even as young as they are, I believe they are both pretty close to ready. But if we were to sign Story and trade for top of the rotation SP, that would show we are serious about competing. And that's all I really ask for.
-
Ok, now let's sign a bunting coach and beat the shift back to regular defensive positions.
- 21 replies
-
- luis ramirez
- hank conger
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Former Twins Cooperstown Case: AJ Pierzynski
Heiny replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
If Pierzynski gets more than a one and done, then Mauer is a shoe-in. I think Mauer will get in eventually, but he will have to wait a few years. Sorry A.J. I liked you as a player, just not HOF caliber. -
Tony Oliva, Jim Kaat Elected to the Hall of Fame
Heiny replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Hallelujah. This was disgustingly long overdue. Congrats to two of my favorite all-time Twins. A little help from my historian friends out there: My first Twins game, I got to go with some family friends to Met Stadium. IIRC it was 1970. It was supposed to be a double-header against (I believe the Milwaukee Brewers). We drove 4 hours to get there. Twins were behind (I believe 5-4 after 5 innings in game one.) Then came the rain. Game was called. Second game cancelled. I was an extremely disappointed little boy. But it was an early part of a lifelong fandom. Can anyone tell me the date of that game and maybe where I can find the lineups and box score. I would be very grateful. Edit: Well, I have been searching all day, and can't find anything resembling my memory of this day. Granted, I was very young, but I'm starting to think I may have been lied to and we just left when the game got postponed due to rain. -
I agree with TopGun#22 1000%. I think that would be the perfect scenario. So, there is no way it could ever happen. LOL.

