Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Heiny

Verified Member
  • Posts

    583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Heiny

  1. This is a tough one, but a really good problem to have. I really like our young guys, Kiriloff, Rooker, Larnach and would hate to see any of them traded. But something has to give somewhere. I also think that I have more respect for Caves' game than most. Very versatile outfielder, very steady. Arr'aez should stay in the infield IMO.(for some reason I'm not totally sold on him). I know, but just a gut feeling. So, who has to go? I guess I'd trade whoever I could get the best deal (very good SP)for. Maybe two of the above. But definitely not AK. I see future Superstar here.
  2. Great interview. I really like Lewis. Seems to be very intelligent, humble, optimistic, confident, appreciative and comfortable with himself. Throw in his amazing talent and I predict a superstar in the near future. Can't wait to see him making big plays at Target Field. Wish him the best of luck. And kudos to Seth. Bring on baseball.
  3. With my crystal ball turned up to maxi-vision I am seeing the Dodgers winning the world series in 7 games over the underdog Minnesota Twins. But you never know with the Twins. Possible upset here.
  4. For me it is easily Kirilloff. Because, since this is all opinions, I believe Kirilloff will be a star in the bigs even if he only plays average defense. And even though I hope that Lewis' bat will begin to shine, as expected, I am not quite as confidant in that happening. Making him a defensive specialist. Possibly even "Super Utility". I know that sounds pessimistic and I don't actually believe it myself, but the point is that he needs to show that his bat can be ML average. But, on the other hand, he is young, and super athletic. I do believe he will get there, hopefully very soon.
  5. As a 61 year old Twins fan for life, I truly appreciate Dick Bremers' sincere and refreshing voice of the Minnesota Twins. He should already be in the MLB Baseball Hall of Fame. But he will undoubtedly be a HOF'er someday. Thank you Mr. Bremer. You are truly a "Class Act". And I would love to meet you someday.
  6. Just my opinion, but this has been a very disappointing off season after going into it with high hopes and expectations of going after a top end starter. I would change my opinion if they would get Donaldson, but I agree that it is unlikely. Need to go all-in here or stop the big talk about trying to improve. Just say it out loud. "We are trying to save money".
  7. Hey Seth: I haven't posted much here, but have been reading for quite some time. I remember watching you play ball in high school a good number of years ago being from Perham. Love TD and am very impressed with the articles by yourself and all the other contributors. Happy Holidays to all and I am looking forward to all the off-season info you guys provide. Don't have alot of time to scour the net for info, so I come here first. Keep up the good work. P.S. My hopes for the off-season is for the Twins to sign both Wheeler and Bumgarner and a catcher. And if they were to trade Rosario, don't let him go cheap. Back end bullpen help at least.
  8. Who did Pythagore play for? I don't remember him.
  9. I am always an optimist at this time of year. However, when I break down this team, I see average to an extreme. At 1st base we have another hopeful that could turn out very well, could be a bust. No real confidence here. Average? At second we have another hopeful, decent defense, decent power, Average? At Short we have below average defense with a decent bat. Hopefully average? At third, who the hell knows. No confidence in Sano playing more than a half season due to injuries, and if he does get and stay healthy, will he hit and play average defense? Catcher is again average defense and average offense. Outfield defense looks well above average and slightly above average offensively depending on whether Buxton breaks out. And then there is the always below average pitching. I think at this point I am being optimistic looking for a .500 season. On the other hand, everything could fall into place with + seasons from all the new additions, + seasons from the average leftovers and an above average utility group, I could see us winning the weak Central division. All in all it should be an interesting season.
  10. I am going to give them an "A" just as soon as they sign Dallas Keuchel AND Craig Kimbrel. Yes I am a wishful thinker. But they have the money to spend. Do they have the desire to win? This would put them in position to have a solid chance in the playoffs and the favorite to win the division. "Dreeeaaamer!"
  11. I will have to disagree with this statement. I see Kirby as overwhelming in Center. Rod Carew at second base and First base. And Joe at catcher. But that's my opinion.
×
×
  • Create New...