1. Lineupology -- There would be a temptation to place Sano at DH for a game after yesterday's adventures in RF. Actually there would be a temptation to remove all gloves from his locker and burn them beyond use. And a temptation to hire 24/7 security to follow him and prevent him from purchasing replacement gloves at Dick's Sporting Goods or making his own out of Banana Leaves. These temptations should be avoided... as a manager... now is the time that you say... Yesterday was Yesterday... Today is Today... We believe in you... Get back out to RF and give it all you got. Please don't run over Nunez... He's at 3B Today.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT THE REAL LINEUP UNLESS IT ACCIDENTALLY IS
Arcia: He had his run but he has stuck out 3 times in his last 5 at bats. Besides... you can't bench Rosario forever... at least not yet.
Kepler: I don't know why... it just seems like the thing to do after Terry Ryan and Paul Molitor both said that we are calling up Kepler but we don't expect him to play much.
Polanco: Nunez still deserves to play and I'd stay with the DP combo of Dozier and Escobar for today at least.
Murphy: It's his turn but I'd consider playing Kepler in RF and Sano at Catcher.
2. Milwaukee -- When I was in my 20's... I never dreamed that I would spend as much time as I have in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I had never seen Milwaukee until I was in my late 30's. That's when my nephew moved there; then my niece moved there; and then my sister moved there; and then another nephew moved there. For those of you keeping score... on my side of the family... 75% of my nephews and nieces live in the Milwaukee area along with 33% of my sisters. To put this in perspective. 100% of my entire family on both sides does not live in Boise, Idaho.
3. Milwaukee Part 2 -- I've spent enough time in Milwaukee that I actually kind of know my way around. Of course having a Garmin helps a little. I know this about Milwaukee... There isn't a city in America that has more road construction. Everyone is late for dinner because of this. And when you combine this with the massive drinking problems of the area... it means that the drinking is being done on an empty stomach. This was originally a Milwaukee specific problem but over the years it has evolved and spread to most of the state of Wisconsin, and as an eventual result of the road construction, we all get to watch Making a Murderer on Netflix.
4. The Parkster -- I have no idea if he will be Chris Carter or Bryce Harper or someone in between, but this Park Cat dude can hit the ball a long way. When he can reach the seats that he has been reaching, it makes them more fun to sit in and this could increase attendance... and increased attendance means the ownership makes more money and this increases the tax income for the state which will increase the road repair budget and increase the construction zones and lead to more people being late for dinner and drinking on an empty stomach and eventually Netflix will be airing a series from Winona.
5. Raise the Roof -- One of my Milwaukee nephews works in construction. I was with him in Grand Rapids, Michigan the weekend prior and we really hit the town. There is really nothing like trying to load furniture on a Sunday Morning after a night of hitting the town... especially at my age. Anyway... the nephews and I really hit the town on Saturday Night. We walked into Founders and I said... "All right... let's raise the Roof!" and he looked up and thought it was entirely possible.
Real lineups to come:
Eduardo Nunez(R ) 3B
Brian Dozier(R ) 2B
Joe Mauer(L) 1B
Miguel Sano(R ) RF
Oswaldo Arcia(L) LF
Eduardo Escobar(S) SS
Eddie Rosario(L) CF
Kurt Suzuki(R ) C
Tommy Milone(L) P
Domingo Santana(R ) RF
Jonathan Villar(S) SS
Ryan Braun® LF
Jonathan Lucroy(R ) C
Chris Carter(R ) 1B
Aaron Hill(R ) 3B
Yadiel Rivera(R ) 2B
Ramon Flores(L) CF
Jimmy Nelson(R ) P
Game-time forecast: 55 deg F, probably rainy, winds at 6mph from the ESE.