• Create Account

Isn't Meyer top 100 and I actually think Duffy is your best pitching prospect in the system.  Time will tell, but his results are hard to argue with.  Those are my actual big money chips when you get done.  Lol

He isn't anywhere near a top 100 list in my book.  I know Sickels left him in his top 75 midseason list but I don't see it.  Shane moved him down to #11 on the Twins list behind Minier.  I think that is more accurate.  It is possible that there is a GM (like 1 or 2 out of 30) that still really likes him though.

Duffey has mediocre K rates in the minors with average stuff.  that isn't a big chip despite his MiLB success. that is more of a Liam Hendriks prospect.

You're nine games over .500, second best record in the AL as play resumes on 17 July. Better than half way through the season. You have a couple clearly identifiable places where upgrades would be very useful, and some potential trade candidates out there.

If you're not going to use some of your minor league assets--which every mother's son on this board says you have oodles of--in that situation, when are you going to do so?

I think the twins hopefully learned the hard way during their last run of playoff teams, they refused to pull the trigger on big trades for the most part to get that impact player to push them over the top.

He isn't anywhere near a top 100 list in my book.  I know Sickels left him in his top 75 midseason list but I don't see it.  Shane moved him down to #11 on the Twins list behind Minier.  I think that is more accurate.  It is possible that there is a GM (like 1 or 2 out of 30) that still really likes him though.

Duffey has mediocre K rates in the minors with average stuff.  that isn't a big chip despite his MiLB success. that is more of a Liam Hendriks prospect.

Duffey is a nice piece to have in a deep system but he's not the type of guy you count on to become much of anything. If Duffey is your top pitching prospect, you have org issues.

Better than Hendriks, still not that impressive.

There is nothing that says Duffey is better than Hendriks was.  Duffey's stuff is average at best just like Hendriks and he has rather unexciting K rates.  Duffey has been successful so far but he doesn't really interest me as an MLB starter.

Hendriks is another example of a mediocre starting pitching prospect that has become very successful in the bullpen though.  His FB jumped 3mph to 94.3 and he stopped throwing his changeup.  Completely different pitcher this year although there is one warning sign.  His swstr% is still a little low.