Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

nclahammer

Verified Member
  • Posts

    605
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by nclahammer

  1. This was the first season since 2010 I have not been a season ticket holder and I did not miss it one bit. The ten or so games I attended were all thanks to free tickets. The Minnesota Twins have a lot of work to do to earn the trust of scorned fans like me.
  2. Very high on this kid, tremendous stuff.
  3. Enjoyed the weekly recaps, especially when my schedule got busy and I wasn't able to follow a game or two. Good stuff and keep it coming please.
  4. Wishing Kyler Fedko a speedy recovery, I'll be cheering for him. Great story.
  5. After some initial hesitation after watching him at the plate in Cedar Rapids last season, I am now on board the Marek Houston fan wagon. He has proven me wrong and made me a believer with his bat and continued to improve and impress offensively. Keep goin' kid.
  6. The offense for the Minnesota Twins has been exceeding expectations for the first four months of the season and I don't think it's a trend that can continue for the entire season. I fear the trading deadline hype/moves by the Twins will be for naught and we'll get little to nothing for the likes of Ryan Jeffers when he hits free agency.
  7. I'm not "buying" that the Twins aren't selling" here. One of them will be gone.
  8. The article concluded with "And if Tom Pohlad truly wants to show that this era of Twins baseball will be different, shipping off Joe Ryan would certainly be a bold first step." I strongly disagree. If Tom Pohlad truly wants to show that this era of baseball will be "different", then signing Joe Ryan to a contract extention would be a bold first step. Trading Joe Ryan now is another year of wash, rinse, repeat.
  9. Ben Ross is electrifying, saw him play plenty of times in Cedar Rapids, IMHO he could be a viable option for that final bench spot as utility and pinch runner.
  10. I don't quite understand all the hype regarding Walker Jenkins. He's always been ranked highly, but his numbers in the minor leagues (when healthy) have been good at times, but by no means ever great. Saw him play for the St, Paul Saints on Sunday and had one good swing for a base hit in four at bats and his AAA stats this year are okay, but nothing video-game like. Over-hyped IMHO.
  11. This season is my first since 2010 that I have NOT been a Twins season ticket holder. Nothing about this season thus far has me thinking "I'm a Believer."
  12. I was in Toledo last night on our 27th annual baseball road trip and the crowd at the stadium to see Verlander was really something. The video below shows many of his teammates around the future Hall of Fame pitcher during his pregame warmups. The announced attendance was 10,500, about a quarter of whom left when Verlander was relieved with two outs in the 6th inning to a standing ovation. Kudos to Fedko, Gonzalez, Wallner, and Sabato for getting some good wood on the ball. When we planned our road trip six months ago, not in our wildest dreams was seeing Verlander in a rehab stint on our BINGO card. IMG_5067.MOV
  13. Congratulations Minnesota Twins! Our 3rd graders are taking a field trip to Target Field on May 12 to learn about their sustainability...can't wait.
  14. Love this kid and his nasty stuff. Saw him pitch for Cedar Rapids and he looked amazing (a man among boys.) Looks like he's more consistent with his control now, that pops up from time to time.
  15. Unfortunately for the Minnesota Twins, that ship has already sailed. I cancelled my partial season ticket 20 game package after 16 seasons. I will used some of my Kwik Trip points to get some free upper deck tickets and then sit somewhere down on the first level for a handful of games is the plan so far for this season.
  16. A promising start to the season for Marek Houston, I hope he can continue to make adjustments, find consistency, and continue to make progress.
  17. I look at this situation two possible ways after Royce Lewis returns to the Twins next week. If Outman stays and someone else gets DFAed or sent down, then it's pretty much business as usual for the Minnesota Twins. If Outman is indeed "out man" and released with Tom Pohlad in charge, then I see this as a refreshing change of pace in using their roster.
  18. The Minnesota Twins starting pitching has been a "most pleasant" surprise at this point in the season.
×
×
  • Create New...