Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gil4

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gil4

  1. Would our old second baseman have caught that one?
  2. Julien needs to not swing so hard his helmet comes off - that haircut needs to stay hidden. It's like a bowl cut, except the barber used the batting helmet instead of a bowl.
  3. It looked like he might have tagged him on the sleeve of the left arm just before he got to the base.
  4. In short, I’m glad this is happening, and I hope it happens for a good, long time. Suffer. The Bears suck, too. Has Randballs Stu stopped doing satire completely, or is he just taking a week off?
  5. Yes you are. Next you will be saying "I really don't hate the Yankees." It's not like I want them to go 3-159 for the year. They are allowed to beat the Yankees a few times. Maybe take a series in Houston, too. But 0-13 vs the Twins would be great. If we let them stay close and then rip their hearts out a few times, that would be fine, although I'd like a few blowouts thrown in, too.
  6. Trying to figure out what that appeal could have been. They said "leaving early" but there was not caught fly ball. Maybe they thought he retreated past 1B and then didn't touch it on the advance. Edit to add: Maybe they were supposed to appeal at 2nd, but got their signals crossed.
  7. I can't help reading that with a John Cleese / Dead Parrot voice
  8. That might not be a typo. If things don't turn around, mid-June might be the start of next off-season. (I think things will turn around.)
  9. The only comment of mine I could find on the subject was under the Randballs Stu "Carlos Santana vs. Carlos Santana: KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!" article, where we tag-teamed "Another way to tell them apart: one is old enough to have been at Woodstock / and the other plays guitar." Not exactly a ringing endorsement, although I'm not above setting aside what I really think if there is a joke to be made. I didn't like the signing, but I didn't hate it, either. The Nelson Cruz signing bought some good will for the signing of older guys.
  10. Maybe they need to grow some mullets, smoke some Marlboros, and shotgun some Lite beers. It seemed to work for Detroit.
  11. Am I watching the game 15 minutes behind or does that describe all of their relievers? ("In his day" = a couple of hours ago.)
  12. For a second I thought we weren't going to get that strike 3 call on Greene
  13. Here's his hits spray chart, which seems to support what you say. I'm not sure where to find one for outs. (Probably a massive pile of dots on F2.) Edit to add - I see someone else posted the full spray chart. It tells a different story.
  14. That's a lot of expectations to keep track of.
  15. Except it usually seems like they have no chance whatsoever
  16. That's what we've been saying all game
  17. Enough with the counter-examples already
  18. And there is exhibit B, the counter-example.
  19. Yeah, but other than that he's been pretty good. 😎
  20. That answer might have changed in the past two weeks. (I know - replying to an old post by game thread standards - I'm play catch-up)
  21. OPS+ has that built in (and that's part of its purpose.)
  22. He's not paid like a good MLB pitcher (yet). He's paid close to the minimum, like the AAAA/marginal pitcher that he was last year. If he's good, that's a bonus.
  23. The teams weren't too bad. The pitching wasn't great, although Goltz was really good in '77. The lineup was great - Carew, Hisle, Bostock, Wynegar, Disco Dan. The photos were worse than I could have done with my mom's camera at age 12. I really don't like the fake follow-through poses of Smalley and Wynegar - the look like 7-year-olds learning to get into a hitting stance before the coach says "don't cross your hands, and turn sideways to the pitcher."
×
×
  • Create New...