twinssporto
Verified Member-
Posts
2,833 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by twinssporto
-
I honestly believe Falvey had had enough. He also needs to look after his career and reputation. He knows 2026 is going to be a ridiculous challenge. Why stick around when your ownership doesn't support what you know you will need to succeed? Tom Pohlad and the new minority owners need to bring in their own management team. Whether in the right or wrong direction, ownership and management need to align their goals. As Gleeman's article stated, Falvey and Pohlad didn't share the same vision to move this team forward. I read Gleeman's take in The Athletic yesterday and agree that another GM spot is in Falvey's future, probably next year.
-
- 34 replies
-
- royce lewis
- byron buxton
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I’ve been saying this for years now: the Twins’ problems haven’t just been on the field—they’ve been rooted in strategy and culture inside the front office and in the way Rocco Baldelli managed the team. Take Royce Lewis, for example. When he first came up, he was electric. He thrived under pressure, embraced the big moments, and looked every bit the gamer this franchise had been waiting for. Then the injuries hit, but even when he returned, something was different. That fearless spark seemed dimmed. Why? My gut tells me it wasn’t just the injuries. Watching him this year, it felt like he was wrestling with more than his health. Either he wasn’t buying into the team’s philosophy, or the coaches tinkered with him so much that they muted his instincts. That’s the kind of second-guessing that can get inside a player’s head—and it looked like it did. And I don’t think Lewis was alone. You could sense frustration across the roster, whether with the coaching staff, the front office, or both. That’s the real shame here. This team had a solid core not long ago—a foundation that should’ve been built on. Instead, somewhere along the line, it began to erode. What we’ve seen recently feels less like bad luck and more like rot from within.
- 62 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
- (and 6 more)
-
I’m glad the decision on Rocco was finally made today. As someone who’s followed baseball for nearly 40 years, he always struck me as more of a “let’s all get along” type than a true leader. I never saw the confidence, fire, or strategic edge you want in a manager. I was at the ’87 and ’91 World Series runs and saw Tom Kelly in action. He wasn’t perfect, but he demanded accountability. He didn’t tolerate sloppy defense, mental mistakes, or half-hearted play. That’s what a real manager does — sets the standard and enforces it. The past 6+ years under Rocco, I’ve rarely seen pride, urgency, or chemistry from this team. A good leader builds a culture where players push themselves and each other. I never saw that spark. Look at the greats across sports: Casey Stengel, Joe Torre, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson, Scotty Bowman, Gregg Popovich, Sparky Anderson, Tony La Russa. Different sports, same truth, the best managers and coaches demand excellence and get the most out of their players. And the excuse that today’s managers don’t have time for fundamentals? Nonsense. Tom Kelly worked drills in his Zubaz right alongside his players. Ron Washington still does legendary first base drills himself. That’s leadership. That’s teaching. I’m ready for new energy in the Twins dugout. Could not be happier to turn the page.
-
The chemistry with this new/revised squad looks good. Team chemistry can be seen outside the locker room. Sounds crazy but things just look different, "in a good way!"
- 52 replies
-
- jose urena
- ryan jeffers
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Minnesota Twins Back to Selling Hope
twinssporto replied to Nate Palmer's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I like to wake up every morning and strive to be mediocre....No, thank you! Making the playoffs may be your goal, but I wanna win it all. Sorry. Just different expectations. No participation trophies, please.- 36 replies
-
- mick abel
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Nationals (Parker) vs Twins (Ryan): 7/26/25, 6:10pm
twinssporto replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
Heading to the game tonight to watch Ryan throw a gem. -
This visual effectively illustrates the success of our pitchers. Look at the runs our opponents scored during this streak.
- 34 replies
-
- ryan fitzgerald
- joe ryan
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Giants (Hicks) vs Twins (Paddack): 5/9/25, 7:10pm
twinssporto replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
-
Walker JenkinsLuke KeaschallEmmanuel RodriguezCharlee SotoConnor PrielippMarco RayaBrandon WinokurGabriel GonzalezKala'i RosarioYunior SeverinoYasser MercedesTanner SchobelDasan HillPayton EelesCory LewisCJ CulpepperRicardo OlivarDanny De AndradeAndrew MorrisJair Camargo
-
Astros (Brown) vs Twins (Ryan): 4/3/25, 3:10pm
twinssporto replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
Let's go Twins!!! Leaving work early with some friends to settle in at our favorite bar to watch some baseball... I can't wait! -
I don't think you will see many big moves by the Minnesota Twins this offseason. Every business owner who considers selling will always window-dress their financials to make it look more lucrative to a potential buyer. The Pohlads will certainly do this as well. What will the Pohlads do to get the most value for their team in a potential sale? They will want to show good profits, growth, etc. It's hard to say what type of window dressing they will do with their financials but you typically do that by growing sales, growing profit margins, decreasing expenses, or sometimes all of the above. The Twins ownership would have to make a helluva off-season splash to get a massive increase in TV subscriptions or season ticket sales to increase revenue. In the short term, I don't see that happening. I suspect the most logical outcome will be ownership, reducing expenses to increase profit margins, not making any radical moves, and selling the team at the highest price they can get. Translation to all of this: I'm very skeptical there will be any big off-season moves.
- 50 replies
-
- josh donaldson
- carlos correa
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
In all seriousness, if the Twins make the playoffs they will be blown out. They will be lucky to get through game two. I saw what this team was doing 4 weeks ago and knew the outcome. I really hope this post doesn't age well but I really doubt that will happen...so many issues to fix... I got an email from the Senior VP of Twins ticket sales last week. Espousing what a great value and fun having a suite or season tickets would do for my company...I should post what I told him...
- 73 replies
-
- byron buxton
- carlos correa
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I've said this before and will say it again. I really don't care if they win the division or not. The wild card system has made winning the division a somewhat moot objective. Over the last 10-15 years, the teams that win the World Series go into the playoffs with spirit and momentum. The Twins have neither. If they make the wild card I have almost zero faith they have the stamina, excitement or drive to last longer than a few games. As a Twins fan and baseball fan for almost 40 years, I just don't see the swagger or confidence in this team at all. Sorry if that sounds negative but just sayin' what I'm seein'...
- 87 replies
-
- simeon woods richardson
- cole irvin
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I don't really care if the Twins overtake Cleveland or not. I only want 3 things: 1. Twins make the playoffs (wildcard is fine by me) 2. Twins get blistering hot in the playoffs 3. Twins win the World Series It seems to me over the last 10-15 years the best teams in MLB rarely win the World Series anymore. Just the teams that get hot during the playoffs...

