Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. There is no way they're watching tonight, with the possible exception of Tom
  2. At 5AM on Monday, I broke my toe while trying to let my dying dog out of the basement, discovering that she'd taken a dump in the kids' play room in the process. Hearing the Pohlads called beloved on a national stage was the worst part of my week
  3. Pohlad family: a long-time and beloved ownership group Vasgersian, you silly little boy
  4. They're doing the microwave wrong Grilled in the husk sounds fantastic
  5. Like, 5 minutes. This method effectively steams them
  6. my hands are dainty and nimble, thankyouverymuch This is might sound strange, but putting them in a dish, covering them with plastic wrap, and microwaving them turns out fantastic. I thought I was gonna have to start googling lawyers when my wife suggested it, but it turned out fantastic and was super easy. Also, grilled is yummy
  7. No holders - holders are for children and communisits. I have great technique, keep the mess to a minimum. I can also eat wings while dirtying only three fingers. I'm a man of many talents
  8. I promise I'd smoke you in a corn cob eating race Isn't that the lamest brag of all time
  9. When CoK posed the question, I thought of up and down as holding the cob vertically Wait a second - I think I'm one of those weirdos And by weirdos, I mean people who know how to eat corn properly and efficiently
  10. If they're really committing to the Field of Dreams bit, they should be able to get Walter Johnson and Grover Cleveland Alexander to show up. I think Netflix has the cash to make it happen
  11. I'm convinced that the trade up to get a second first rounder weeks (months??) before the draft was done explicitly to gather ammo to make a run at Maye. One problem with this is that you generally are paying a premium in value to move up in the draft, all else equal. By doing it this way, they'd have to pay the premium twice. Of course, another problem with this is that it still wasn't enough. They didn't help themselves by panicking and trading up again anyway, resulting in paying the double premium for Turner. This is why draft trades generally don't happen until draft night* once the draft order is locked in: if teams are paying a premium, they want to know exactly who they're getting by paying it. A shining example of KAM's misadventures in draft board management * - exceptions for trading the #1 or #2 pick - when these happen, the teams trading up can be reasonably sure that their guy will be there
  12. Not sure which is the more surprising fun fact I've learned from the broadcasts over the last couple games: Twins lead the league in infield hits Twins are the last remaining team without a player that has struck out at least 100 times
  13. Franklin looked a little more Hayes than Mays on that one
  14. I hear he got kicked out of every strip club in Albany
×
×
  • Create New...