Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. Grossman has done really well. The question is, did he finally figure something out that suddenly makes him a very good hitter? Is his career .240/.327/.341 (.668) something he's left behind? Chances are that he is having an unusual hot streak. I hope this is the real Robbie, but the odds are against that. I really would like to see Polanco getting some shots at 2nd base. Why Dozier is batting at the top of the order is a mystery to me.
  2. Kepler in AAA this year: .282 .367 .455 (.822) Polanco in AAA this year: .312 .368 .532 (.900) I have started to worry that Molitor is really an idiot out of touch. I really hope he plays Kepler every day, and not just against left handed starters. I kinda liked Tom Kelly, but I never thought I'd miss him as much as I do now.
  3. Having pocketed 34 losses in the first 46 games would not necessarily have fewer than 110 losses be a success. It would, however, be an improvement.
  4. I have been pretty quiet about trading Plouffe because I saw this team as weak on true talent. I've finally come around to thinking that we need to let him go. If we ever want a Buxton/Kepler/Arcia outfield with a fourth who forces his way onto the roster we need to make room for that. Outfielders are the easiest to find in the FA market as well. Move Sano to the infield. I really hope Dozier can have a good 6 weeks that allow us to get something for him. Polance should be playing. Unless Dozier relents and starts to hit the other way he will have no value. Trying to pull everything just has pitchers pitch you outside. Unless you are an elite hitter, it is a recipe for failure. Nunez is the cat's ass for a utility infielder. His BABIP is high, but not amazingly so for a guy hitting line drives at the rate he's hitting them. He would be tough for me to let go.
  5. I would guess that all through the Cubs organization they are feeling pretty optimistic about breaking the curse. They are all going to want to be there for that. But hey, that's the first real name I've heard that might really be a good choice.
  6. I like most of this except for Santana, and his .279 OBP (.254 in May), leading off. I'd try Polanco there. Dozier isn't doing anything for us at this point.
  7. So we are in second place, only 2 games back. Go Twins!
  8. Thank you Sarah. It takes a great many people to make a MLB game work. Fun to hear a little about one of the most important (and least paid, if not least celebrated) positions in a game.
  9. And on another note..... Berrios pitched last Monday. Saturday would be his day to start if he was on a regular schedule. Instead Santana is pitching today (Saturday) with Duffey scheduled tomorrow. Are we throwing the pitching patterns off for Berrios because it worked so well for Meyer?
  10. No offense, but I kinda hate that you put "Carlos Gomez" and David ortiz" in the same sentence.
  11. The money minor league players are paid is an embarrassment to baseball. This is surely where a well placed 'bet' could see a huge return. If this happens, some day someone is going to be giving up many millions for the 1 or 2 million when they were in the minors.
  12. Not to dismiss your argument out-of-hand, but Johan Santana was 22 years old. Meyer is 26. I think that's relevant.
  13. I do not believe there is any guarentee that Meyer would have a shutdown, awesome performance if he were allowed to start a game. But why isn't anyone in the FO interested in finding out?
  14. I still have high hopes for Buxton, but if he was on fire we should look for the arsonist.
  15. I like perkins. I like Fien. However, like the rest of us, they are getting older. The only thing that looks positive about the bullpen is the return of Ryan Pressly. It does appear that we have some help coming up through the ranks. Perhaps because of this it would have been foolish to sign Bastardo (or any of a number of other options) to a 3 year contract. For now, though, the BP is definitely our Achilles heel.
  16. And a happy April 1st to you, too!
  17. Fun article Matt. Gladden was absulutely a catalyst for the team that year. Not saying for sure that they wouldn't have done it without him, but he made an impact. I always appreciated the way he played the game.
  18. He's playing it pretty safe. I mean, who doesn't love Earth, Wind and Fire?
  19. I bet MY grandma's lefsa was better!
  20. With so little in the high minors for SS I don't see why we don't extend Escobar. I believe that Polanco will replace Dozier at some point rather than being the new SS. How can people not think extending EE is a great idea? He was one of the very best SS in MLB last year and he STILL doesn't get much respect aroung here.
  21. Exactly! He went down to AAA in July 2013 and figured something out. Came back to the Twins in September and he had changed dramatically. I was pulling my hair out (what little I have left) when folks in the off-season wanted the Twins to sign Stephen Drew after his near careeer year with the Red Sox. I caught a lot of ridicule then for suggesting EE should get a real shot. I'm glad it's worked well for he and the Twins. I think he's for real.
  22. As I understand it Arcia has been in Fort Myers for quite some time. I don't think the young man lacks passion. He's working hard. I actually expect good things from him this season.
  23. I believe that taking a 22 year old who has a great arm and permanantly placing him at DH is pretty wasteful unless you really believe the guy is absolutely hopeless in any fielding position.
×
×
  • Create New...