Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. I'm anxious for the game too, but Riverbrian, it's not 7:00 am yet. You're an odd guy.
  2. LaMonte Wade is looking pretty good in AA and we are pretty slim in our MLB OF backups. Thanks for the list. Fun to pull for these young men.
  3. You got to give Garver credit. His OPS is screaming, "Get me out of here". I get that this FO is committed to Gimenez, but NO ONE on the AAA roster has an OPS anywhere near Garver's .893. Very encouraging.
  4. The offense looks pretty sustainable except for Sano's BABIP, and I expect Dozier, whose career screams "I hit poorly in April", will pick up and make up for what we lose in Sano's normalizing BABIP. It comes down to pitching, and specifically starting pitching. I would not take a rental, but would look for a salary dump pitcher who can help this team for a couple of years, minimum. I'm still looking at this as a playoff team next year, not this year.
  5. Count me out of the Seth Romero conversation. The team obviously wanted him on their roster. They tried to work with him. They finally decided he was too much trouble. Now take that attitude and put a couple million $ in his pocket. You think he's going to suddenly become a hard working, focused prospect? I think it's unlikely.
  6. I was going to post a similar thought, though without quite the certainty you have. According to the scouting reports I've read, it appears that Gore has excellent command and plus secondary pitches. He also has a higher K rate than Greene. All this while sitting with a FB in the mid 90s. Unfortunately (for the Twins, not him) he has risen on draft boards significantly since April. I had wondered early if we could sign him substantially under slot, but he has no reason to sign for $4.5 million now. He's going to get more than that from somebody.
  7. Had to be an exciting day for Lachlan Wells. An eye-opener, too. He did well against two MLB All-Star players. Really happy for him. Booser or Clay had to face those guys, too. They should all be feeling pretty good today.
  8. Fun stuff. I haven't seen many draft boards where Lewis falls that far, but Bukauskas looks interesting and Gore could be something special.
  9. Very interesting way to look at it....
  10. It was 12 months just a year or two ago. I thought I had read that that may change, but don't know where it stands right now.
  11. Reservations I have toward each pitcher: Greene – HS development time, Lack of secondary pitches, If his FB had better movement wouldn’t he have had a lot more Ks? McKay – Lack of MLB velocity, Many ‘experts’ peg him as a #3 Wright – Command, Took him a while to get going this year, Last couple of starts before the draft will weigh heavily Gore - HS development time, Could be best in the draft, but that’s what they said about Kohl Stewart I have started to lean more toward Wright. If McKay has Greg Maddux control then drafting anyone else is a mistake, but that is unlikely. I just hope they get it right. EDIT: can't spell for sh**
  12. That's doesn't answer the question. The answer, for most people, is "yes". Now take out Jorge and Rosario and add in Fernando Romero. Take out Vielma and add in Gordon. Now do you do that trade?
  13. The Diamondbacks call. They have thrown in the towel and want to save some money toward a rebuild. You negotiate. We give them Randy Rosario, Felix Jorge, Kyle Stewart, Stephen Gansalves, Englb Vielma, Daniel Palka, Zach Granite, Tanner English and Zander Weil. We get Zach Greinke. We're taking on $150M+. This is how the Tigers have restocked their MLB team for years. We can't afford to do that kind of thing as often as they have, but we could swing something like this. Spend the rest of the year getting the BP staffed with the best we have, getting whatever playing time some position players need, fine tuning. Identifying exactly what we need to acquire in the off-season to make a serious playoff push. I would expect a playoff team in 2018. One that could go places. Would you do that trade? * yes, I know no one would ever want that many 40-man players - it's a hypothetical question *
  14. Yeah, it's a pretty good pitcher to bring into a game with this big a lead, but they worked too hard to get back into this thing. I think Molly is doing the right thing. (yes, I said that!)
  15. As a catcher (long ago) I would. Take the 'sure' out.
  16. Not this time. Everyone knew it was a strike. Even Castro.
  17. Unless the other team is coached by Paul Molitor.
  18. Pretty sure Gibson's WHIP for this game is 2.75. Usually >1.3 suggests there is trouble afoot.
  19. Buck looked terrible. I guess that pitch that bounces in front of the plate is pretty deceptive. One run an inning and we will have 7 runs. Can we hold Baltimore?
  20. Had to LIKE it because of the snark. Not that thrilled with the logic, valid as it might be.
  21. OK, got out of the inning. More strikes, fewer pitches that are so far away Eddie Rosario wouldn't swing at them.
×
×
  • Create New...