Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. It would have put Rosario at bat against a RH pitcher. Not bad odds, especially lately.
  2. Nice article. I cannot get behind looking for a rental. This team needs pitching badly, but I would rather they look to gain a good starting pitcher by finding a team that is going into rebuild mode and eat the salary of their best pitcher. One who is signed for at least 2018 and hopefully 2019. I agree that the Twins rebuild is ahead of schedule, but I would be annoyed if they handicapped their future for a one shot at the post season with this year's ball club.
  3. In 2010 Dillon Gee pitched 33 innings. Baseball-Reference gave him an ERA+ of 181 for the season. Since then he has not had an ERA+ of 100 or greater in any year.... Until this year, when he is posting an FIP of 7.45, a WHIP of 1.769 and a 6.9 K/9 and an ERA+ of 114. I don't have much confidence in ERA+ anymore.
  4. Belisle has to be one of them. His numbers are terrible. He is 37 years old, so they are unlikely to get better. I've been of the suspicion that Falvine are blind to flaws that the guys they sign have, while ignoring as long as possible the players they inherited. Letting Belisle go would help me (and perhaps others) believe they have in mind a roster that helps the team win rather than a roster they can point to and say, "Those are our guys. We built this team".
  5. Those guys do that a lot. Denard Span got his first MLB hit in Chicago. Paul Konerko asked hi if it was his first hit. Denard said yes, and Konerko shook his hand and told him, "I'm sure it's the first of many". The best part of reading Span's account of that moment was that he was so humbled by it. His last comment in the retelling of it was, "Paul Konerko!".
  6. Rosario's mental errors are frustrating, but this article would have made more sense at the end of April. As has been pointed out,he has posted an OPS for April/May/June of .660/.810/.880. He has the highest BA, SLG and OPS in our outfield. He is striking out at a career low % and walking at a career high %. I'd like to see him do everything better, but he is trending in the right direction in all his offensive stats. I really hope this May/June Rosario is the one who takes the field every night. Minus the defensive miscues.
  7. ChiTownTwinsFan and the blues are enough for me to appreciate Chicago. Love that town. To visit.
  8. There two players on the Rochester roster who have an OPS of >=.800. That would be Mitch Garver & Zach Granite. There are two players who have a batting average of >=.265. That would be Granite and Matt Hague. Seven players are 27 years old or older. Now I realize selecting a BA of .265 is arbitrary, but few would expect a guy hitting .265 in AAA to hit better than .240 in MLB. That is a BA that most teams are unlikely to find helpful. Yes, I agree that there are players who could be trimmed from AAA.
  9. Busenitz was under the radar, at least for me. I did not expect him to post the numbers he's been posting this year. Hope to see him in MLB soon. And, of course, I hope that goes well! Man, we could really use some bullpen help...
  10. For a soon-to-the-majors college pitcher I was all in on Wright. He fell to #5 even while McKay was insisting on $7 million+. Apparently several teams thought he was not as good as his numbers.
  11. Royce Lewis is highly regarded. I will certainly be pulling for him. My issue is that we have a core of 23 and 24 year old players I was hoping we would get some support for. I understand that Flavine are planning for the future, but I had hoped that they might use some of the players they inherited. Perhaps they have a 2024 World Series plan.
  12. OK, couldn't get myself to LIKE it, but I did chuckle.
  13. I wonder if the money angle is why Wright is out of the conversation. Or maybe they don't like his mechanics. Guess we'll probably never know. Interesting and frustrating. It's like the longest bullpen session of the year!
  14. After seeing more than one mock draft board change the #1 to McKay I'm guessing that's who we are taking. I was really a Wright, Gore, Greene, McKay sequence guy. Hope it goes well.
  15. Seth Romero has another year of eligibility in college. If he straightens up and pitches well he could likely go in the top 10 next year. Maybe top 5. Between his off field issues and the chance that he won't sign I think he's too much of a risk to draft at #35 (or later).
  16. When I see a young man who is chasing his dream to get to the Major Leagues I am always kind of pulling for him. After years of sub-minimum wages in the minor leagues I hope he gets a real chance to show he can succeed in MLB. I cannot generate the same level of patience with a 37 year old pitcher who has had, by nearly any measure, a successful MLB career. After making >$24 million he has been well rewarded for all his hard work. Congratulations! I have to agree with mikelink45 above, though when he said "I can tolerate young arms imploding more than old ones on this team."
  17. I hope so. I know Curtiss has only pitched 22 innings in AA, but he's 24 years old. Move him up.
  18. Oddly enough, I would rather have Kinzler come in to start the 9th with the bases empty than come into the game in the 7th or 8th inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. 'Real' closers are expensive. The two you mentioned both went to the All-Star game multiple times. A very high bar. We have been spoiled. Ideal? No. On this team? He has done well for us.
  19. No question the guy has had an impact on the Twins this season. OPS second only to Sano. However, when you take Falvey's identity and sign him watch the naysayers appear.
  20. At least Kepler wasn't asked to bunt this AB.
  21. I have no problem helping the Dodgers, who are 11 games under .500. I just want Dozier to homer in each game. At least once per game.
×
×
  • Create New...