Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

howeda7

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,436
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by howeda7

  1. 2B is by far Lewis' worst position. There's no reason for him to ever play there. He's equally average at 1B and 3B.
  2. He fouled a ball off it against KC last week. I honestly thought he might have broken his leg at first. He left the game but played the next day. Props to him for being tough, but it's not helping anyone.
  3. Assuming Houston is not an option for Opening Day, the alignment of the current roster should be: 1B: Clemens 2B: Lee 3B: Lewis SS: Culpepper. Per DFRS when I looked about a month ago, Clemens is + 9 at 1B and +4 at 2B. Lee is the least bad at 2B (~-4 vs -9 at 3B) and Lewis is basically league average at both 1B and 3B.
  4. This happens way more than we know. Even the Twins have done it. Joey Gallo wasn't really hurt when they disappeared him in 2024. Besides, Caratini is clearly not right. He's like 0 for his last 20 ever since he hurt his knee and he can't run (even for him). It's not even a conspiracy, he needs to sit for a couple weeks.
  5. I don't get the worry about this. Who cares? Wins in a play-off push are more important that some theoretical future award/possible draft pick. Besides, no Twin has won ROY since 1995 and no Twin is likely to in 2027.
  6. While I agree that losing Jackson is not the end of the world, you can also just tell Caratini his knee hurts (I think it still does) and IL him until 9/1.
  7. Nice win. Now PLEASE call up Culpepper and Jenkins. The offense is still brutal.
  8. Then why be buyers at the deadline if we're valuing theoretical team control in 2031 over winning in 2026?
  9. Call up Jenkins, Culpepper and Gabby Gonzalez. Cut Gray. IL Caratini and demote Roden. Relase Orze or Woo Suk Go for the other 40 man spot.
  10. He pretty much said the same thing last start, in his Joe Ryan way. It's been obvious since the Cleveland game he's hurt in some capacity.
  11. It's OK Zoll. Do nothing. Keep running out Kriedler and Caratini and Roden. It will turn around any day now. No need to try any of your top 100 guys.
  12. Once Buxtion is back, I'd like the line-up to be: -Buxton CF -Keashall RF -Larnach DH -Jeffers C -Clemons 2B -Lewis 1B -Lee 3B -Jenkins LF -Culpepper SS Bench: Kriedler, Martin, Caratini, Bell.
  13. What's the significance of waiting until 8/15? They could be 6 games under .500 by then at the rate things are going.
  14. This is a good point as well. I think we all expect Jenkins and Culpepper to be on the opening day 2027 roster and in the starting line-up. It would be nice to have seen them against ML pitching for a bit beforehand.
  15. From having a functional bench. I like Jackson fine, but he also will cost $3-4 million in arbitration next year. So replacing him with a free-agent back-up catcher is likely a wash.
  16. It obviously makes the most sense to call up Culpepper for Gray. But if they need Gray's roster spot for Jenkins or something, that's fine too. Gray serves zero purpose right now IMO. He can't hit and he's bad at the only defensive position he ever plays.
  17. I don't believe the minors will play either if there is a lockout.
  18. They managed fine without Gray for 2 weeks. Lee played SS a couple times. The world didn't end.
  19. I understood keeping him until the trade deadline. I don't understand at all why they didn't trade Jackson.
  20. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have Jackson as a back-up catcher in 2027. But is it worth hamstringing the current roster for the next two months? It's not that hard to find someone equivalent in free agency/via trade in the off-season.
  21. I'd rather have Wallner in RF than Roden at this point. He was awful this year, but not nearly as bad previously.
  22. Are you sure about that? I don't think it's a given that service time accrues during the lock-out. That would have to be negotiated. Also, they will likely be reducing the # of service years to free agency from 6 to 5. But will that apply to players who have already reached the Majors? If it doesn't, there's a scenario where they actually LOSE team control by NOT calling them up in 2026. I think the bottom line is there is way to much unknown to factor that into the thinking. Do what's best for the 2026 team and call them up.
  23. I 100% agree, with the caveat that if Buxton is close to returning, I would hold off on the Wallner/Jackson swap. If Buxton is out for at least another 7-10 days, then do all 3. Culpper and Jenkins need to happen ASAP.
×
×
  • Create New...