-
Posts
57 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Mai.K
-
There are also service-time requirements for Rookie of the Year eligibility, in addition to the limits on at-bats and innings pitched. The service-time limit for Rookie of the Year eligibility is 45 days. Culpepper was called up on August 7 and stayed with the team through the end of the season, so he appears to have accumulated a little over 50 days of service time. So I don’t think Culpepper will be eligible for Rookie of the Year.
- 21 replies
-
- kaelen culpepper
- walker jenkins
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
3 Twins Prospects Took Steps Forward With 20-20 Seasons
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Should we add Mercedes to the 40-man roster to protect him for next season? It still feels like a bit of a waste to put an A+ player on the 40-man roster this early, especially for a team like ours that already has plenty of outfielders. That said, the combination of good defense, a strong arm, good speed, and the ability to play all three outfield positions makes him a very intriguing profile for a fourth outfielder. Considering that we gave Keirsey almost a full season last year, I don’t think a rebuilding team like Colorado would hesitate to put Mercedes on their major league roster for a full season if they selected him in the Rule 5 Draft. So the question is: should we put Mercedes on the 40-man roster simply to keep another team from taking a chance on him?- 10 replies
-
- ben ross
- brandon winokur
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
This marks the end of my 23rd season cheering for this lovable team from the other side of the world. It was a season filled with regrets and disappointment, but compared to the final day of last season, I can still see a little more hope. I hope the labor issues are resolved smoothly this offseason, and hopefully the ownership situation can be sorted out as well. It wasn’t a good season, but I think it’s one I’ll remember for a long time. Thank you to everyone for all your hard work this year. You all did a great job, and I truly appreciate it. Blessings to every single player!!
- 48 replies
-
- dean kremer
- josh bell
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Sabato didn’t manage to take a single ball in his three plate appearances today. Everything was either a foul ball, a ball in play, or a strike... It’s disappointing that his long-awaited MLB debut went about as badly as it could have, but I still hope he gets consistent opportunities over these final five games. Matthews is a tough one... He looked so good against the Yankees in his last start, and then today he struggled against the Giants. I’m not ready to give up on him yet, but it feels like time is no longer on his side.
- 21 replies
-
- aaron sabato
- emmanuel rodriguez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
What's the Twins’ Long-Term Answer at First Base?
Mai.K replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I was hoping Sabato would get at least a little opportunity, so it’s a bit disappointing. First, I think we’ll probably give Lewis more chances, or this will end up being another season where we try to patch things together with internal options. I don’t really see many free agents who seem like a particularly good fit for our team, but there are quite a few players from the NPB and KBO who are hoping to make the jump to MLB through the posting system after this season. Most of them are pitchers, but there are a few hitters as well. And as for infielders... hmm... There is one third baseman who could probably also play first base...?? In the NPB, there’s Teruaki Sato. And in the KBO, there’s Roh Si-hwan. Of course, given the current posting system, I’m not sure there are enough incentives for either player to choose our team. But in the end... I guess the most important thing is money, right? -
Setting the new negotiations aside for a moment, if the Rule 5 Draft is conducted under the same rules as before, which prospects do you think will be added to our 40-man roster after the season? Kala’i Rosario and Sabato, both mentioned in the article, and Danny De Andrade, who was mentioned in the comments above? In a normal year, I feel like all of these guys would probably have had a hard time making the 40-man roster... But looking at RosterResource’s information and the 2026 stats of the players who are Rule 5 eligible, it seems like we have an unusually weak group of candidates this year. Are there any other players I’m overlooking?
- 15 replies
-
- minor league report
- kendry rojas
- (and 6 more)
-
Breaking: Twins Call Up Top Prospect Emmanuel Rodriguez
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Exactly. I appreciate everything Kreidler has done for the team this season, but I agree that, with no minor-league options remaining next year, there really isn’t much reason to include him in the plans for next season. And I feel the same way about Alex Jackson. Honestly, I think it would have made more sense to move on from those two before Ross... Feddeco was the same way, and now Ross as well. Despite putting up excellent numbers in the minors, I feel like they’ve been given far too few opportunities. I really just wanted to see Ross get at least one hit. -
Breaking: Twins Call Up Top Prospect Emmanuel Rodriguez
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Wow, finally... It’s a little disappointing that Ross didn’t get many opportunities, but seeing E-Rod get called up is very exciting news!! For the first time, it really feels like a new generation is on the way. I hope these final two weeks can give us some real hope for next year. -
3 Twins Players It's Time to Move On From This Offseason
Mai.K replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
It’s already been three years... At this point, I have far more memories of Lewis struggling than playing well, but even so, I’m not ready to give up on him yet. He can provide some versatility at third base and first base (and maybe even second base or shortstop?), he still has one option year remaining next year, and a right-handed bat is valuable for our team. On top of that, I don’t think his arbitration salary next year will be all that expensive. So I’m hoping we give him at least one more year to see what he can do.- 134 replies
-
- royce lewis
- bailey ober
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I still had hope, but after today, I’m slowly reaching the point where I’m starting to give up. Looking back on the season, I feel like those two losses to Dobnak were just devastating... I never thought Dobnak would pitch this well...
- 55 replies
-
- game recap
- josh bell
- (and 5 more)
-
Ranking the Top-10 Twins Prospects Since 2010
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Back in 2015, Kohl Stewart was ranked No. 28 by Baseball Prospectus. Although his MLB career left a lot to be desired, he was actually one of my favorite prospects. Please mention his name as well.- 23 replies
-
- byron buxton
- walker jenkins
- (and 8 more)
-
Matt Canterino Is Finally Back on the Mound
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Wow, this is the news I've been waiting for. Canterino is coming back!! I've been asking GPT from time to time throughout the year to look for any recent news about Canterino, and I guess today is finally that day. I sincerely hope that he stays healthy from here on out. And, hopefully, he can continue wearing our team's uniform next year as well. Thank you so, so much for this wonderful news. -
Is that Manny? That has a nice ring to it lol.
- 49 replies
-
- game recap
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Wow, I just found out from this post that Ross is getting called up. I was disappointed for about a second that it wasn’t Emma, but I’m really glad Ross is finally getting a chance. I wonder what they’re going to do with the 40-man roster. I don’t think there’s anyone currently on the injured list who could be moved to the 60-day IL. So maybe Fedko?
- 49 replies
-
- game recap
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Designate Alex Jackson for Assignment
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I mean, seriously, what are they even doing? Unless Jeffers or Caratini is injured, what the hell is the point of this ridiculous three-day stint? -
Time To Make Some Big Changes and Audition Guys for The Rest Of 2026 After Today's Debacle
Mai.K commented on LA Vikes Fan's blog entry in LA Vikes Fan
It may be a bit too extreme in some ways, but I agree with the overall point of the post. I just hope players like Ross and Sabato get at least a few opportunities before they end up going to another team. -
The Right-Handed Triple-A Bat the Twins Are Ignoring
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I still believe Ross is not a minor league free agent yet, but there’s no doubt that he is Rule 5 eligible. With the kind of AAA numbers he put up this year, I think he’s absolutely the type of player who could get selected in the Rule 5 Draft by another team as a versatile backup who can play shortstop and center field — which basically means he can play anywhere except pitcher and catcher. Are we really going to use Kreidler again next year? What about Gray? Probably not. If that’s the case, I think it might be a good idea to give Ross a chance in the majors right now and see what he can do. Kreidler has options remaining, and there’s already an open spot on the 40-man roster. Isn’t this a good opportunity to give Ross a shot? -
Inside the Twins' Farm System After the 2026 Trade Deadline
Mai.K replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I still haven't given up on Canterino.- 14 replies
-
- walker jenkins
- kaelen culpepper
- (and 8 more)
-
What Should the Twins Do About Their Bullpen?
Mai.K replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
What has everyone forgotten about Canterino? What's he up to these days? Yeah, I know. It's been four years since Canterino last pitched in an official game. After re-signing with the team on a two-year deal last year, he has just about three months left on that contract, yet I haven't heard a single rumor about him throwing again. When he was healthy, he was clearly an elite pitcher. If he can make it back, I think he could finally make his MLB debut and maybe even become a significant contributor to the team.- 87 replies
-
- andrew morris
- yoendrys gomez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Who Should We Call Up Now For the Bullpen?
Mai.K commented on LA Vikes Fan's blog entry in LA Vikes Fan
Funderburk and Raya have been called up. I'm really looking forward to Raya's debut.

