Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

hitterscount

Verified Member
  • Posts

    780
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by hitterscount

  1. They should have one of the strongest rotations in all of baseball. Without that there is little chance of doing anything. I am in favor of going young, the energy, optimism, brings some degree of hope that there could be a major change on the offense and getting back to sound fundamental baseball. The first month, six weeks may bring more losses than wins, but with this rotation a run is possible come June.
  2. Is a breakout year for a guy that is a career .200 hitter that hits .213 in his last season who will be 30 in May a true breakout year. To have him even in consideration as the starting first baseman is a joke. Does he value as a utility guy... absolutely.... but as you note this idea that he is really good is a head scratcher.... maybe on the Twins he is?
  3. They may have more than enough LH hitting OF’s, but it’s far from a logjam of talent. We have watched or there is enough of a sample size of data to confirm that none of them are even average outfielders, minus Jenkins and Rodriquez who are still young and haven’t played at the MLB level… at least enough to make a accurate assessment. I said this last winter with Larnach and Wallner, there is no reasonable explanation to having them both as the corner outfielders. Now there is more than enough of a sample size to evaluate that their hitting doesn’t offset their poor defensive abilities. There is so much work to do on this roster it may not be reasonable to expect more than 70-75 wins in 26.
  4. Right, there were many games that Target field looked packed in September compared to most of the non-competitive teams the A's fielded the last 5-7 years in Oakland. Trading your best players is great, as long as you continue to win..... losing on a consistent basis will ruin many fans support/enthusiasm of their hometown or favorite teams....look no farther than Minnesota's attendance last year. So if you want to draw 1.25 - 1.5 million in 26 by all means trade all of the remaining guys with value and field a team like we saw from late June on.
  5. And how did that work out for the A's... no longer in Oakland, just an observation.
  6. 846 careercAB's in 3 1/2 seasons, You think he's a really good OF, I get it. I happen to believe he's a lousy defensive OF whose value is all those solo HR's at meaningless moments, until the season was over, than he heated up slightly. Look, this seems a lot like the president, you either believe every word he says or you don't. There's no changing anyone's mind at this point. What I will say , we have some high upside minor league OF talent, personally I would prefer for them to get a shot. If Wallners is as good as you claim and we get a haul in a tradecI will admit I didn't see his value.
  7. Wallner is borderline CF material, get real. I get it, you love those solo HR' s when we are down 7 or or up 5. OPS most overrated stat there is. The guy hit.202 last year, and couldn't field RF much less CF. He is near the bottom 90% in range, so yeah, that cannon comes in handy as he watches the ball go to the wall. Throw in he is injured more than healthy and he isn't a guy I am counting on in the OF. I stated many times last year I believe he could have some value at 1st and DH.... we had one of the least productive OF' s in all of baseball last year, hitting and fielding.... so by all means let's run it back.
  8. Tell me what's the difference between them, a couple OPS points... I will never understand how people think they are that different and I stated this last spring training. Both below average defenders (although some love Wallners arm to make throws on the balls he couldn't get to) slow on the base paths, low contact that rarely advance runners, pretty high K rates, cannot hit left handed pitching. In all honesty, I'd take Larnach over Wallner, IMO if you need a clutch hit Id prefer to see him at the plate.
  9. I guess if you're looking at power.... Gordon was a superior defender, better baserunner, and more versatile at the plate. I would take Gordon any day over either Larnach and Wallner.
  10. The gaslighting continues, Larnach and Wallner as valuable trade pieces cannot be taken seriously.... Can it? What am I missing, meaningless HR's, slow muddling baserunners, terrible defensive players... by all means trade either one if you can get a bag of balls in return.
  11. It appears that Baldelli's days were numbered. either way, sale or no sale. I am highly skeptical that new ownership would look at the GM and manager and be alright with the product on the field the past 4 of 5 seasons. This year the lineup was very predictable and actually turned out to be worse thI thought. Wallner, Larnach, Jeffers, Julien, Lewis replacements at 3rd were terrible defenders. Player development was poor under Rocco, BP use, I could go on..... the point is I am surprised he was let go due to the cheap ass Pohlands still owning the team. The extension made zero sense.
  12. Really good news, would be better if the second half of this dynamic duo was relieved of his duties as well. Now we wait for a replacement and then the winter meetings to see if the priority is dumping more salaries and a total rebuild or they try to compliment a serviceable to above average rotation. Better times ahead…. Maybe
  13. I've said this multiple times this year, I cannot understand how a player of Buxton's caliber (when healthy) would want to stick around this organization. He's in the backend of his career, still has value and could play 3-5 years on a team where he gets a shot at a deep playoff run. After the debacle at the trade deadline they signaled they are not serious about winning. I'll push back, this was not a bad pitching staff. Quality starters and a deep bullpen. After Lopez went on the IR, they struggled for a stretch, but most staffs will have a rough stretch, but usually it steadies. The lineup was a joke. Couldn't hit, field run and awful fundamentals and situational awareness. Some of this was on Rocco, some on Falvey. A serious organization would relieve both and get a new GM and manager that emphasize a lineup that could have complimented a strong staff. It was great to hear that it's about winning for Buxton. I hope he goes to a team that is committed to that goal as well. Maybe the Brewers would take him.
  14. If they trade Lopez and Ryan and don’t address the lineup weaknesses I would go with Ohl, Tonkin, or bring back Bride.
  15. First time checking in on things in over a week and am greeted by another Wallner article. What a shocker. What's not to love... the .204 BA, 21 HR's versus 39 rbi's, the speed on the bases....I know we really like that strong arm that pairs with the bottom 15% in range covered. As well run as this organization is I say let's run Wallner and Larnach back at the corners versus going with the high upside of Jenkins. Why we are considering either one of them exemplifies how poorly run we are. I would go with Buxton, Jenkins and possibly Martin with Clemens as your platoon guy if we are sticking with internal options. I have no faith in a trade that lands us a quality OF or a meaningful FA signing. It's been a stress-free month not watching this product.
  16. Pretty generous with the 2025 view… I couldn’t even call this mediocre, just me though.
  17. Welcome back Pablo, a professional start for a unprofessional organization. The best you can hope for… no not Kenny Rogers… is to be traded in the winter to a real MLB team.
  18. Thankful my MLB subscription ended Saturday.,, maybe another Wallner article on how valuable he is would help… what’s that, still stuck on 20 hr’s with 35rbi’s and ops sitting at .788 after another 0-4 performance with 3k’s…. If this is consistency we are in serious trouble.
  19. My only pushback on that route is.... what has Falvey,and to some extent Rocco, shown that makes you believe they can build a team for the long term? They had arguably a top 5-7 pitching staff this year and built a roster around them that couldn't hit, field, run the base paths and we're fundamentally a disaster. Literally all they needed was a team with speed and and above average defensivey... they could easily have been Milwaukee 2.0. There was zero thought put into the everyday lineup... which is concerning in a major rebuild that relies on trades.
  20. I agree there's more value in the winter, however, if you are not getting a deal with some guys that can play on day 1 I personally wouldn't trade them. Maybe you could land a Duran and prospect for Ryan, than yes I would do it, but the trade should address the lineup that helps now. I personally would keep one of the two and would lean towards Lopez... he seems more mature and and a better role model for the younger players. If coI uld get anything for Ober I am making that deal as well. You are probably being more realistic than me, there are to many holes to plug to be competing for a playoff spot.
  21. Purely speculation on the 27 season lockout.... There are always teams willing to overpay at the trading deadline. Plus the trading team wouldn't be covering either contract if that happens.
  22. I see no reason to trade either Lopez or Ryan unless a proposal is so good that even Falvey couldn't get it wrong. Unfortunately his trading disaster at the deadline nettted a couple of weak left handed hitting OF's , a utility journeyman minor leaguer, and two SP's that haven't produced when called up to the MLB level, in fairness they are young. We need 4-5 BP arms and 5-6 everyday lineup guys. So there's that! I would prefer to hold onto Lopez and Ryan until the trading deadline next season if we are as bad as expected, they are both signed through 27 so they will still have plenty of value at that time.
  23. I guess in the Twins organization a .213 BA qualifies as hitting consistency and a logjam of starting pitchers begins with an ERA approaching 5.00 or better. Unfortunately you are probably correct, I would not be surprised if the two proven starters are moved.... I do believe Matthews is ready to take a step forward, which offsets Ober's decline past mediocrity into the abyss of multi homer games.
  24. Just don't think bringing in a slap hitter that is another below average defender is moving the ticket sales when the team is winning at a .400 clip... just my initial thoughts
×
×
  • Create New...