And taking a lot of pitches leads to earlier exits for pitching opponents. Whether it's a walk or a strikeout we are probably looking at an average of 6 pitches on those at bats. And those at bats produce no double plays. Being a fast runner also leads to fewer double plays on ground balls.
How bout we just let him tee it up and play next year just for the heck of it ..
Maybe put a governor on Buxtons speed like U Haul does, keeping him out of the outfield at DH and maybe 1st base.
Joking, but seriously, we need to keep Buck healthy
The Twins got succer punched by the team just playing good enough to look like contenders when they were actually pretenders.
But, E-Rod is flashing all be it a very small sample size but showing a strong skill set.
Culpepper is looking legit with Houston probably a year away.
But oof! Is our number one prospect in a prolonged slump with out of the gate. I think everyone forgets how young he is.
How many firstbasemen are 5'11" ? I really don't know and I imagine Killebrew was probably about that height and played first base well.
Just seems like taller firstbasemen could get to a lot more bad throws. But we really do need to solve the firstbase situation.
Let's just sit back and enjoy watching his development. Same with Culpepper. And I sure wish we coukd be watching E-Rod with them.
By the way, E-Rod went 4 for 5 last night. But Larnach is standing in the way of his development for now.
Clemens at the 4 spot just doesn't feel right but have to admit we don't have a true 4 - 4 now. I hope Jenkins grows into it with time. You know, by the time he's 23 😄
So we most likely still won't make the playoffs yet missed an opportunity to trade Jeffers, Rryan and larnach ..
Guess they thought they were taking a calculated risk. Thisbtram isn't very good with a calculator.
Think he can play 1st base? No infield experience but he is a great right handed batter when healthy so maybe alternating him between DH and 1st base would keep him healthy?
And it opens up center field for Jenkins.
I've always liked Larnach but for as long as I've watched him he pretty much swings the exact same way like a rob.
You watch Jefferson and he adapts with 2 strikes and hits the ball to right. Larnach doesn't seem to have any flexibility in his swing mechanics. Pretty much just swings hard.
Has anyone else noticed how smug he looks up there. Kinda of void of emotion. (Mr Loboto)
I wonder what kind of trament he is in the dugout.