Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

HrbieFan

Verified Member
  • Posts

    587
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by HrbieFan

  1. Players threatening to sue has MLB questioning the season. These maybe are billionaire owners, but it is mainly on paper and pretty much every business is taking it in the shorts this year. Now we have reports that 8 owners don't want to play the season. Listened to a Russo podcast yesterday with a Mayo Doc and his comments about athletes were encouraging. Testing has progressed enough to know if you get the virus, who is at real danger and who will be able fight it off easily. If the players will not sign off on not suing owners if they contract the virus, there will not be a season. Players have given and are guaranteed a certain amount of their salaries, though this agreement was when we all thought there would be fans in the stands. IMO the wealthy players are acting like spoiled brats and really hurting the young players who haven't made their big money yet. Please let calmer heads prevail and Tony Clark will never be one of them. His distrust and ill will towards the owners boarders in unhealthy.
  2. For some reason I cannot like posts. But there are many posters on here that get it. Stick to your platform boys! You are not race baters, you are baseball and Twins reporters. Is there crap wrong in this country, hell yes! Is this the place for a liberal to blast on hose that don't trust law breakers? Hell no! Now give me some in depth stories about Twins minor leaguers and draft targets
  3. To Nick and the other contributors, please stick to sports. Throwing Max under the bus when you have no means of knowing what he is thinking or means by a social media post is 100% unacceptable. Burning down cities is not acceptable and will only worsen relationships. If you want to shame athletes for social media posts on here, that is your right, but I will not come here to read that. I will not touch the issue on here or any other sports site I follow.
  4. Intriguing prospect! Any idea on where his spin rate comes in at?
  5. I am hoping the Twins saw something in Wisler that can help become a little more consistent. He has the pitches to be an above average asset in the pen.
  6. Darius nailed it! Baseball is different now. Could we see a change if we had another Arraez type hitter sitting in the top 2 spots? Possibly, but that would be a big deviation from where we are at right now.
  7. I can't like or reply to comments, so my vote goes to bringing Romero up. Let's see if you can figure out how to settle that arm of his down
  8. Nick, why do I not see the 'like' or 'reply' options on either mobile or desktop site?
  9. There is a name from the past! Watching him come up through the minors, I thought he was going to be a bank end stud for years to come.
  10. I miss minor league baseball! Thanks for info Seth, couple of those guys sound really promising
  11. Fire the manager! Such a horrendous start for a team built for the World Series
  12. Rich Hill 5-3 while rehabbing at the MLB level?!? Dude is a monster, just wait until he is fully recovered from surgery!
  13. Pinedas suspension of 60 games was based on a 162 game schedule. It isn't his fault that COVID19 popped up and will probably cancel the first 30-60 games of the MLB schedule. If baseball doesn't start until June, that would push his arrival to mid to late July. If that happens he would be out a possible 100+ games. I would hope MLB would not punish him even more.
  14. It is a good time to be a Twins fan when we complain about his numbers last year and being down. Five years ago we would have made him our MVP with those stats. Ideal situation is that Eddie has a bounce back year, reduces his K rate and makes the basic plays in the OF. If he does that, there will be a trade market for him and we can move one of the rookies into his position. Only way I see him sticking around is if we trade Kirrilloff or Larnach and the other has a bad year in the minors.
  15. I don't buy it either. If one of our prospects was ready, the front office would have put them in the plans for this year. It is up to the prospects to force the front office's hand, just like Arraez did last year. Maybe Adrianza gets hurt and Gordon seizes that opportunity. For Kirrilloff or Lanarch to make big contributions this year with the big club, we will need them to have a great season and a big injury with the big club.
  16. Why does every player have to have a comp? Who is the comp of 39 year old Cruz? The guy is a hitting fool and I don't care if he never hits more than 5 HR in a season. If he continues to master the zone, he will be north of .300BA for the foreseeable future. He works pitchers deep and waits for his pitch, not many do that at his age. Give me 9 of him over 9 guys striking out 180 times a year. It isn't sexy, but getting on base is effective
  17. Buxton is a hard one to extend. I'm sure the Twins would love to, but at what price. A healthy Buxton has a much different value than the version that misses half the season. If I'm Buxton, I bet on myself and hope for a healthy season and then look at an extension
  18. Worst case, we have 4 #3 SP and a handful of #4/5 type SPs. Best case, we see Maeda dominate in the AL, Berrios take that next step, Odo continues his rise towards his walk year, Pineda from last summer returns, Wes Johnson helps Bailey improve on his second half numbers, Hill is healthy for the final 3 months and a rookie or 2 dominates during their opportunities. We can seen aces evolve and come out of nowhere. I have faith in these arms, Wes Johnson and our depth.
  19. Top to bottom, I will take the Twins for the season. But when October rolls around, it is valuable to have a workhorse like Verlander on the mound. Can Berrios become that guy? That is our hope and I think he has the arsenal to do it
  20. I love his patience at the plate and would be happy if he repeated last year for the next 10 years. I grew up watching Tony Gwyn and Wade Boggs be patient and wait for their pitch. Just like a pitcher doesn't have to throw 95 to be successful, a hitter doesn't have to hit homers to be successful and valuable
  21. Blankenhorn should be inspired by Josh. If you compare their minor league numbers, there isn't a big difference. If Josh had been with a team that had some more veterans, he might not have ever gotten the legit shot he got with Oakland.
  22. If May had not given up a few too many hanging curves last year, he would have had an epic season. If he can eliminate those this year, he will command some big money in the off season.
  23. Good hitters can easily go outside the zone and get a pitch. Might be easier to go after an outside fastball than a nasty breaking ball. I love the aggressiveness of the Twins hitters and I hope they don't stop this year. The only pitch I wish they could lay off is the high fastball, not good odds for any hitter
  24. After watching Chacin throw BP for the Brewers last year, I just don't see the love for him. I'm going with Hardy, would like another lefty that is effective against RH bats too
  25. And I want an SI Swimsuit model to be my next wife or mistress!
×
×
  • Create New...