Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

DannySD

Verified Member
  • Posts

    137
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by DannySD

  1. Sign a FA 2B, move Keashall to 1B where he could be really good, rotate DH between Buxton and others instead of a full time non-defensive player - so they can have options like Clemens-Martin-Kreidler on the bench. When Houston is ready, Lee becomes situational. That solves the defense's biggest problems, but Catcher is still interesting. They may have to wait for Lackey if they want defense back there.
  2. Ober is 55th in WAR among MLB pitchers over the last 5 years. A lot of complaining for a guy who's been better than most teams' #3 starter. He's not always good, but valuable when he is, he probably deserves another year.
  3. If he played any defense, I'd say yes. He's obviously valuable in the lineup, leading the team in RBI and always seems to be in the middle of it when they're scoring. But I agree that Buxton and Keashall (and possibly Jeffers or Larnach) might warrant a bunch of DH time, so I think it would be best to pass on Bell.
  4. With all the young players and current catching pipeline, they can easily afford a 4 or 5 year market-rate extension for Jeffers.
  5. Sure, why not? Salas is a year younger than Lackey and just debuted for the Padres. As long as Lackey learns the Twins system and keeps hitting a little, a Sept 2027 callup seems reasonable.
  6. The trades they made weren't the problem, they will mostly help next year. The problem is what they didn't do. No surprise that a team with 3 catchers, sketchy defense, and no bench versatililty is losing games late.
  7. Overall, I'd say a D. I feel like playing with 3 catchers and a full time DH for a month is going to be too tough to overcome for a playoff spot
  8. I like Peralta as a wild card/change of scenery candidate. He's having a down year, but a former ace who could win playoff games, so not sure what he's worth... Tait? Hill? Rojas+?
  9. They pretty much have to trade either Jeffers or Jackson. Can't go the year with 3 active catchers, don't want to lose them for nothing. Agreed that Bell will stay and I think they'll mostly keep the team together otherwise, maybe trade Wallner, Martin.
  10. With Lewis at 2B and Lee as backup SS as you suggest, the defense would suffer too much. They've prioritized D lately, so there's no way this happens. Royce's personailty and defensive chops are best suited for 1B.
  11. I wonder if all contenders have four relievers I don't trust with a seven run lead
  12. Sad state of affairs - I think The Twins' backup catcher might be their best infielder.
  13. Ugh. I don't recall a time when the Twins employed a more pathetic group of pinch hitters than Kreidler, Outman, Clemens. Punto and Celestino are Babe Ruth compared to this bench.
  14. I think a bigger red flag is his career minor league OPS, which is .772. Also, he worked hard through two knee surgeries to make the majors, he's not 'mentally fragile'.
  15. I think there's a spot for either E-Rod (not mentioned here) or Roden to start the year, even with Martin and Larnach on the roster. It would add some excitement. Outman isn't needed. Agreed that Arcia probably has a slight edge at SS right now but as ohters have said, hopefully something better pops up.
  16. I feel like Morris will be a bulk reliever on the shuttle most of the year, and the projected bullpen doesn't really have any of those guys. If they want a long reliever on opening day, I can see him starting the year with the Twins.
  17. If they really made an offer on Valdez, maybe they have money for a Joe Ryan extension. Prospects are always a crapshoot. Without much money on the books going forward, it's time to start thinking about keeping some good players. I also agree with the yesterday's article -- the Lopez injury makes us more likely to contend in 2027.
  18. He had that nasty head-to-head with Correa in May, and the Twins were mostly out of contention after that, I'm willing to assume he took a little off his closing to stay healthy. I think his numbers this year will determine if he has another year or two in center.
  19. I think coaching staff changes should be part of the grade. If so, it improves a little.
  20. I'm wondering if the timing has to do with the Athletic's low rating of the farm system...
  21. If national prognosticators view the Twins as an 82 win team, it's likely because: they are in the AL Central, have decent starters, a history of turning AAAA starters into a servicable bullpen, and a rep for acquiring value players - often unexpected and/or late in FA (Correa, Cruz, Maeda, Santana, Bader, etc)
×
×
  • Create New...