• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Royals, Friday 6/4/2023, 7:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, wsnydes said:

Who do you replace him in the rotation with?  He's not pitched well, but what other options do they have?

Thorpe, Canterino, Duran, etc.

Not that they're gonna be better but lets see where they are at. Shoemaker is as good as gone whether it's now or at the end of this awful season.

Vortrot, the catcher, keeps closing his eyes when he catches.

Just now, Aggies7 said:

Dick and Justin are just ridiculous with their commentary. Excuse-making is off the charts.

Along with their limited vocabulary.

1 minute ago, wsnydes said:

Who do you replace him in the rotation with?  He's not pitched well, but what other options do they have?

In the short term probably Ober, Jax, or Barnes. Sometime in the next month I'm hopeful that Duran will get a chance. A couple of months down the road and guys like Balazovic, Winder, and Sands could also be options.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Lenz said:

Thorpe, Canterino, Duran, etc.

Not that they're gonna be better but lets see where they are at. Shoemaker is as good as gone whether it's now or at the end of this awful season.

6 minutes ago, jandersh said:

In the short term probably Ober, Jax, or Barnes. Sometime in the next month I'm hopeful that Duran will get a chance. A couple of months down the road and guys like Balazovic, Winder, and Sands could also be options.

I'd be in on Duran after he gets back up to speed.  I'm not convinced anyone else is ready quite yet.  Which is why Shoemaker and Happ are still around.  They're buying time.  They won't be around all that much longer.

Beyond that, throwing guys out there just to throw someone different out there doesn't really make a lot of sense.  At least have a productive purpose.

Father and son are going over the Royals schedule.  Dad says "How bout this game? They're giving away back packs and a cap.  We're playing the Twins."

Child " No way they suck".

Just now, lecroy24fan said:

Can they DFA him right now, like Falvey walks out and takes the ball himself?

Sounds good, and tell Rocco to shed his uniform, too.

• Twins Daily Video