Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Tigers, 9/23/20 @ 6:40pm CT

twinssporto

Good evening and welcome back to another great game thread experience!  I apologize for posting this so late...

This Covid thing has thrown a real wrench into my usual schedule. Seems like everyone is having the same issues. Regardless, the Twins making the playoffs (never any doubt) makes this Covid crud more bearable. Five games left to play and we are only a half game behind the White Sox to win the division. Bet on this: The White Sox will fold and the Twins will take the division. This game means something and I think the Twins players want that divisional title.

Let's GO TWINS!!!  Playoff bound and ready to fight.

Tonight's Lineups:

TWINS:

1. Byron Buxton (CF)

2. Max Kepler (RF)

3. Josh Donaldson (3B)

4. Eddie Rosario (DH)

5. Miguel Sano (1B)

6. Jake Cave (LF)

7. Jorge Polanco (SS)

8. M. Gonzalez (2B)

9. Ryan Jeffers ©

SP - Kenta Maeda (5-1) 2.52 ERA Cy Young contender too!

TIGERS:

1. Victor Reyes (CF)

2. Willi Castro (SS)

3. M. Cabrera (DH)

4. J. Candelario (1B)

5. Niko Goodrum (2B)

6. H. Castro (LF)

7. Eric Haase ©

8. Daz Cameron (RF)

9. I. Paredes (3B)

SP - Casey Mize (0-2) 6.08 ERA He's gonna get shelled!

Nice weather tonight! 

Early results are promising out east. Giolito has spotted the Biebs a run in Cleveland 1-0 for the Ohioans, although Bieber has walked two and thrown over 50 pitches in three innings. Toronto scored two in the bottom of the first and leads NY 2-0 after one. Wildman Robby Ray is on the hill for Toronto (Buffalo). Neither game is close to locked up, but promising nonetheless.

Early results are promising out east. Giolito has spotted the Biebs a run in Cleveland 1-0 for the Ohioans, although Bieber has walked two and thrown over 50 pitches in three innings. Toronto scored two in the bottom of the first and leads NY 2-0 after one. Wildman Robby Ray is on the hill for Toronto (Buffalo). Neither game is close to locked up, but promising nonetheless.

And the Palehose just tied it up, thanks in part to a Jose Ramirez error. Considering what he did for us last night, I guess I'll give him a pass for that. :)

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.