Back for a winning team. Let's get into the first month and a half.
- Buxton is all world and the Twins got a hell of a deal on his contract. Games played matters obviously, but the production outweighs the risk ten-fold in this situation.
- The Taylor Rogers trade sure looks like a big L right now. Paddack TJ surgery. Pagan has been decent. Rogers leads the league in saves and has a .52 era with 15k in 17.1 IP
- Duffey has been bad. 93 and straight isn't fooling anyone. I'm not sure if his fastball used to have more movement but right now it is straight as a string. his curveball has great motion, he just leaves it up too often. I would like to see him out of high leverage situations for awhile.
- Correa is getting a little too much hate for my liking because he had a slow start at the plate like most of the league. His D at short has been gold glove worthy and his bat has came back. Anyone saying trade him and start Royce at SS needs to watch a little closer.
- Speaking of Royce, I think his comeback to baseball in general has been amazing. I am very happy to see all the work he has put in pay off with success in the bigs on his first trip up. I could definitely see him taking over 3rd for the rest of the season. Miranda needs more AB's in AAA.
- Celestino passes the eye test. The kid can play in the league and looks a whole lot better than last year. It might just be a confidence thing or the experience from last year paying off, but I think he has earned a starting spot. I also like Gordon as the main utility guy. He looks like he belongs too.
- Joe Ryan has been exceptional. I think he has legit ace potential and he has pitched that way so far this year. I was at his first start at target field last year and sat a section over from his people. It was a great time.
That's all for now. Let me know what you think!