Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

killertwinfan

Verified Member
  • Posts

    272
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by killertwinfan

  1. Good article and there is nothing wrong with Falvey's approach to the team as long as you are not a season ticket holder. With the exception of one outlier year, the Twins have not been relevant since 2010. With the low benchmark of 59 wins, it should be easy for him to show season on season improvement. If the ownership gives him 3-4 years to rebuild, why not take it. Lower risk for him and his new team. Unfortunately for the fan base the franchise will have been on a 10 year hiatus by the time we are a factor again. OUCH!
  2. Yeah, I should be more up-beat, Thanks for the nudge. I was hoping for more in the off season and was letting off a little steam. My point had nothing to do with Suzuki or Plouffe but the fact that we did so little in the off-season that we didn't even replace the 100 RBI that they produced. Also, our prospects were on the verge of bust status, according to the vibe I read following them. Were it not for a strong finish by Buxton and some and an improved off-season workout program by Sano, the dialogue would be different. If Sano's glove is not better he will be a DH soon.
  3. I appreciate the call for an optimistic chord, but the reality is that with the start of the spring training being a couple of weeks away, the stark reality is that the new management has not had a successful off-season. There are very few high points on which to have hope. Almost a hundred RBI between Plouffe and Suzuki probably won't be fully replaced. Reduced run production and below average pitching is not the recipe on which I was hoping to start the season. I am sure the new management is better than the old management but at this point nobody can tell if it is even a reasonable improvement. At least the timberwolves have potential stars. I can't wait until this fall! Go Vikes!
  4. Not much of a rebuttal to Mr. Froemming's article. Simple math tells us the Twins should have only lost 96 games in 2016? Things can't go that bad again? Personnel changes should net out and our young guys will get better. Man am I excited for this season. #wemaynotlose100games.
×
×
  • Create New...