Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

glunn

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,696
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by glunn

  1. It seems to me that Cody has listed some promising candidates, but I would hope that someone looks closely at candidates from the Cardinals organization. I will be deeply disappointed if the Twins do not bring in a total outsider.
  2. Moderator note -- please keep this thread respectful of other posters.
  3. Another great report and another good day for the system.
  4. I think that VR is the next big thing, but am not willing to bet on who will win this market. My surest bet is that there will be a lot more old people, so I am heavy on SNH and am looking to get into NRZ. I endured a big dip in SNH, but recently it has come back and in the meantime the dividends exceeded 8%. These may be especially good plays for an IRA or other retirement plan where the taxes on dividends are deferred. They are not high flyers, but seem pretty safe over the long run.
  5. I am nervous about the entire market and am looking for safe havens.
  6. I wish that we could know what insurance the Twins have in place, and how this stacks up with other teams. For example, some real estate owners don't carry earthquake insurance because of the expense, some carry it because they are conservative, and some carry it but with a very high deductible to reduce the expense. Insurance companies probably make a big profit on this, so it might make sense to "self-insure", i.e. eat the losses when they occur. Unlike earthquake losses, the loss of a highly paid player can be covered with a replacement player who is paid the MLB minimum. I wish Hughes the best and hope that there is some insurance.
  7. Great article and pictures. Thanks for sharing this.
  8. The Mets have a young catcher who seems to have a high upside: Ali Sanchez. Per the Mets' website: "Sanchez made his United States debut in 2015 and performed well, particularly behind the plate. No one runs on him, with a strong arm and a quick release leading to him throwing out 48 percent of would-be basestealers in the Gulf Coast League. Sanchez is athletic and agile behind the plate, with soft hands and good blocking skills, showing an ability to work with pitchers that often doesn't come until later in development. He has tools to hit, with a solid approach and an understanding of what he still needs to work on. Sanchez's swing is contact-oriented now, but there should be power to come as he adds strength. Just 19 for all of the 2016 season, Sanchez still has a ways to go, particularly offensively. But with a floor of a very good backup and a ceiling of an everyday big league backstop, the Mets are eager to help him get there." Here is the link: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=nym He is listed as the Mets' #15 prospect.
  9. It is difficult to imagine anything more putrid than last night's game. The Angels are a terrible team and they slaughtered the twins.
  10. I will be at the game tonight. My flip phone is not capable of accessing TD but I will wave to all of you.
  11. For more than 30 years I have aspired to stand in front of Agnetha's house in rain, sleet and snow until she marries me.
  12. I would also like to hear more explanation of why the focus should not be on getting the best catcher available. We don't seem to be able to get outstanding catchers any other way.
  13. I don't see much downside to letting him play more, and I am worried that Zuke's option will vest if Murphy sits too much.
  14. I would like to see Sano pitch and strike out the side.
  15. I think that Gibson may need some time on the DL.
  16. She would be valuable on a deserted tropical island.
  17. I am a vodka man, but tonight I feel like whatever Michael Jackson was using to sleep.
  18. I disagree about the AT&T spokeswoman. She has charisma.
  19. At least the first 9 games of the season were relatively close.
×
×
  • Create New...