Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. Damn. But heroes are human. I get it though.
  2. What if you knew 25% of your heroes were frauds, rules breakers, criminals, etc.? Would you want to know? I know this is off topic. Just interested. PS hard to believe for some, but many people outside of MN do not like Kirby Puckett.
  3. ^ (If you read my entire post it might help)
  4. I mean...Ray Lewis killed people. Lawrence Taylor is a sex offender. Do they count?
  5. This is a slippery slope many people like to be very picky/choosey on. You could mention quite a few individuals from a variety of sports, and their HOFs, and come to the same conclusion. Also, have you done research on every player in baseball's HOF? Did anyone else have character concerns or a history of crime? Have some athletes gotten away with worse over the last 150 years? Professional athletes need to be looked at as such when this process occurs every year. I battle the same concept with Michael Jackson. I have to only listen to his music as a musical prodigy. If you are going to judge everyone, then judge EVERYONE.
  6. He'd be...Amickable? But seriously, I'm all for the promotion train to get started. At every level. When does this usually happen and can we start early this year?
  7. Walker Jenkins He's the guy. If he can say healthy. Kaelen Culpepper Justin. Upton. Charlee Soto At his age, Soto has a higher ceiling than any other pitching prospect. Connor Prielipp I have him higher than Morris only because he is a southpaw.Andrew Morris Andrew needs to take a step forward this year. A big one. We need him on the big club ASAP.Emmanuel Rodriguez Is he a fulltime player? Or platoon? Luke Keaschall A big-league ready utility. We are going to him for a while. And he is my buddy's nephew. Dasan Hill Boy, do we need a couple lefties to pan out! Payton Eeles Old for a prospect...but the dude can play. CJ Culpepper SP or RP?Cory Lewis Ditto. Brandon WinokurGabriel GonzalezMarco Raya Could be extremely valuable...in the pen. Not seeing his body stand up as a starter. Billy Amick Dude can rake. Carson McCusker The power/average numbers are too intriguing to keep off this list, even at his age. Kala'i RosarioEduardo BeltreRicardo Olivar Can he stick behind the dish? If he can, he will have a long career. Tanner Schobel
  8. I didn't know McCusker was drafted by the Brewers. They must have seen Richie Sexson in him. Maybe they were right.
  9. Might as well sign la Tortuga or Sano to play 2b.
  10. While playing college ball, I once had a line drive hit at me that I almost (but thankfully did not) got to. You know what happened to that ball? Went over CF wall. By a lot.
  11. This is what happens when Major League and Little Big League make a baby.
  12. This chicken had salmonella. Going back to my argument of having Arenado vs. CC.
  13. How are Ya"ll preparing your chicken today?
  14. We've tried this, we've tried that with Lord Byron. I say it's time for him to go all out, every play. Pete Rose style. 81 games. All home.
  15. I'm looking at this roster. It is okay. Right around .500 kinda team, trying to squeak into playoffs for a couple games kinda team. Someone please change my confidence/perspective for the better.
  16. Uecker hit 14 home runs in the Majors off 13 pitchers. Three went to the Hall of Fame: Fergie Jenkins, Sandy Koufax and Gaylord Perry. The only pitcher Uecker touched twice, Roy Sadecki, won 20 games for the Cardinals during the World Series season in '64.
  17. This is obviously a move before more moves. We trade Pablo to Orioles for Rutschman, and Vazquez to Red Sox for 81 games worth of Boston Creme Pies for the concession stands. Well done front office!
  18. I don't know if I want to know what is in her garbage cans!
  19. Disagree, but all good! (your "dumpster diving SS" put up almost same WAR as CC last year) Also, the savings would potentially allow us to keep Pablo, if they are still trying to cut payroll.
  20. Again, I think you could make an argument for either player. Pennies on the dollar is a bit of an exaggeration. Here is my argument for Arenado: Arenado is cheaper ($21, $16, and $15 compared to $37, $32, $32 and $31) and more durable (missed 42 games over last three years compared to Carlos missing 129 games). In his last three years, Arenado has averaged .277/24 HR/89 RBI compared to .277/18 HR/61 RBI. Yes, I know CC plays SS, but he could easily play 3B for his new team and we could easily sign Jose Iglesias for a year or two, along with other FA with the savings. What is your argument that Arenado would be "pennies on the dollar?"
  21. I like Arenado. Would rather have him as a player/contract vs Carlos. Not pennies on the dollar to me. But I'm sure you could argue this either way.
×
×
  • Create New...