Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Chembry

Verified Member
  • Posts

    436
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Chembry

  1. I will take a stab: Position players: Outman, Roden, Keaschall, Martin, Julien, and Bride Pitchers: Ober...Beyond that, no clue...
  2. Just saw that the Astros wanted the Twins to cover $50 million of his remaining salary plus throw in an outfielder
  3. This is probably dead with Houston's acquisition of Urias, at least for now. I don't think anyone would be surprised if something happens with Houston in the offseason now knowing Correa would waive his NTC to go back to Houston. That is of course pending new ownership/front office that is still willing to make that move and their desire to sign free agents.
  4. Even if Tanner Scott netted 3 of the Padres top 5 prospect, one of those prospects was #44 overall, and he was purely a rental. Both Jax and Duran have 2 years of team control beyond this year, so that is a big bargaining chip on top of their status as relievers. I am not arguing with you, I am trying to understand why you don't think we get that. I do understand, it's a big price and I do understand that relievers can be volatile, but historical transactions (i.e, Scott transaction) show it may not be out of the realm of possibility.
  5. Did you mean Quero? Quero would be ok, but not my first choice. I don't think he the same type of hitter Rushing is, but is a better defensive catcher. The other guy they could target would be Ballesteros in the Cubs organization, but that would probably require at least Jax or Duran (one of the two) plus at least Bader or Castro. There is no way the Brewers would trade Jackson Churio.
  6. I was reading some comments from Red Sox fans on a different proposal involving Ryan. This was a Joe Ryan for Jarren Duran trade that involved some other prospects. Some fans vigorously disagreed with the proposal saying Joe Ryan is an average #3 starter at best while Duran is one of the best OF in the game. They continued to state that Joe Ryan is inflating his value this year and will regress back to normal next year. A few came to point out that Ryan has been pitching this way for a few years and this is not an aberration. A few others pointed out that Duran's value is also inflated after his year last year. I agree with your statements on what the Twins should get in return should they trade Ryan/Jax/Duran.
  7. This is a best case scenario. Rushing fills a significant need. He can play C/1B, but his playing time is limited in LA behind Smith and Freeman. Between AA/AAA last year he hit .271/ 26 HR/ .896 OPS. I don't like giving the Dodgers any help, but that is who the Twins should target. We may be even able to swindle Jax for Rushing straight up, but if we have to add someone else, the Twins need to consider that.
  8. Personally I like that trade for Jax. However, that is probably a no deal from the Red Sox perspective. Jarren Duran has much higher value as an everyday starter and under team control through 2028. MLB trade rumors had a podcast where one of their own suggested a Duran for Duran trade. It was a unanimous sentiment that the Twins would need to offer more than Jhoan Duran for Jarren Duran. Adding Tolle in there is a bonus, but maybe they would overpay? If the Red Sox agree to your trade, we need to jump on that right away
  9. There are quite a few on other forums that are very loud and almost demand Buxton to be traded. The point most are making is that his trade value has never been higher and he can't keep up this level of performance. I have seen several in the past month still saying Buxton should be traded. A Buxton type of talent doesn't come around that often and he has historically outplayed his contract value. This is a direct quote from a Twins daily article in 2024: "Last season, Buxton struggled through his knee injury, attempting to provide the Twins with value from the DH spot. FanGraphs pegged him as being worth $5 million. In 2024, he has already been worth $14.1 million, and the season is only a little over half over. Minnesota has paid him $51 million to this point in his career, and Buxton has provided the Twins with nearly $163 million in total value. Buxton is living up to his contract, even if his performance declines in the second half. There are limits to what a team can get with $15 million per season on the market these days, and the Twins can get plenty of excess value when Buxton is playing at his current level." Let's all sit back and enjoy what we are seeing this year.
  10. I agree on Wallner. I really like what he brings to the table in terms of offensive capabilities. He was in the top echelon of RF's last two years. I was throwing the trade out as an idea because of his tremendous upside and our log jam of corner OF's. I also agree that Clemons has been a more valuable hitter than France this year. However, that doesn't account for defense. Ty is much better defensively. That is why I had them splitting time at 1st.
  11. Put me also in the ride it out camp. Royce is the type of talent that can carry a team. Yes, he is having a bad year, but I still don't believe he is fully healthy either. In the past few games you can see him grabbing at that hamstring and stretching it out at the plate. He does this weird front side flying open then clutching at his left hamstring. The bigger problem is Wallner. He has a huge upside, but can't seem to put it together. Seems to have taken a few steps back at both the plate and in the field. Personally, I think we need to send him down or trade him. Not sure we would get a ton in return, but we do have log jam of corner OF (still have ERod, Jenkins, and McCusker). I know ERod left the game Saturday with another injury, but may be time to see what McCusker can do at the MLB level. Personally I think our best lineup is Bader (LF), Buxton (CF), Castro (RF), Royce (3B), C4 (SS), Lee (2B), France or Clemmons (1B), Jeffers (C), and Larnach (DH).
×
×
  • Create New...