Fair enough.
Personally, I've only lived in the Twin Cities area, so I don't have a very good personal frame of reference for how the market compares to others.
As to the issues with the market you raise, and what new ownership can do about them, I don't think any meaningful change can happen overnight. This is first and foremost a Viking town, and that's pretty ingrained in the local sports culture. For a mid-sized market, it's tough to have two top dogs. Take St Louis, for example. Reasonably similar in a lot of ways to the Twin Cities. They're widely regarded as a strong baseball market, but have multiple failed attempts at supporting an NFL team. To a degree, the Twins will always be fighting an uphill battle in that sense.
But they've had relatively strong support at times in the past, so it's not impossible. You mentioned their bland marketing. Can't argue with that. But back in the early 2000's, they had what I think was the best marketing push they've had at least in my lifetime with the "Get To Know 'Em" series of spots. It's still the reason I can spell Mientkiewicz without looking it up. When paired with an exciting, up-and-coming team, the Twins had some real juice that ultimately led us to Target Field. But ever since they caught their white whale, the Pohlads seem to have set everything to autopilot and any stature they'd built up in this market has been eroding away ever since.
So while it may not be the perfect baseball market, I think it's safe to say there's plenty of opportunity for growth if handled properly. I don't know if it can happen with current ownership as their relationship with their fanbase might be broken beyond repair. Then again, it kinda felt that way after the contraction saga, which was quickly followed by the exciting era I described above, so who knows