Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Fat Calvin

Verified Member
  • Posts

    172
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Fat Calvin

  1. Good for the Mets in signing Bundy. Of course, Bundy wasn't great. But I thought he was a decent 5th pitcher. I wish him well with the Mets.
  2. I think both Falvey and Rocco are in over their heads--especially Rocco. IMHO, he's not a leader. There's no inspiration, no grit, I'd love to see an old school guy like Francona at the helm.
  3. I wonder what the Dodgers would give up for Correa?
  4. It's the second game of spring training. The guys got in their swings, the pitchers, their pitches, and nobody got hurt.
  5. Well, we got the #5 pick in July. And we did get a few prospects from Miami. I'm still a bit worried about our catching backup. We've got two catchers. If one goes down, we're in trouble.
  6. I'll always remember the look on Bauer's face when Max hit his third dinger of the day off of him. For that, Kep will always have a warm place in my heart. I hope we keep him this year.
  7. A lot of food for thought here. I can't really argue against your main point. Baseball has changed for the worst--imho, and Rocco's the perfect foil for the diamond quants who are running this team. But human nature doesn't change, and I think young men still need a strong leader to lead them to victory. Rocco's the weakest manager I've ever seen in my 57 years as a baseball fan.
  8. If anyone should have a chip, it's the Twins, the fans. He dumped us twice for coastal elites. We're not even the maid of honor; we're the second bridesmaid! But I hope nobody has a chip. I hope we follow the words of the Bard: All's well that ends well.
  9. Ah, why not? A one year deal? It would shake things up, And I think we need a good shaking. "Minnesota Nice" hasn't gotten us very far. So let's try "Minnesota In Your Face!" It's worth a shot. (I also thing "club chemistry" and being a nice team mate is overrated. Do you think Ty Cobb brought warm fuzzies to the club house? No, the son of a bitch just brought in three American League pennants to Tiger Town. Granted, he never won a world series; but three pennants--especially from where we sit--ain't too shabby.
  10. "Blame?" I'd rewrite the header: "Who's to praise for smart financial restraint."
  11. Good for the Twins. We're no second fiddle. Let's take a deep breath, and calmly plan the next move.
  12. Nah, focus on pitching and a right handed power hitting outfielder.
  13. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. From coast to coast, Good riddance to him; I'm glad he skipped town. There are better ways to spend 315 million bucks.
  14. Instead of "entering the fray," we should be counting our lucky stars.
  15. Sometimes it's better being on the outside. And I think this is one of those times.
  16. I think this is going to be one of those blessings in disguise. I think the Twins should bide their time, go with Farmer as a stopgap until Lee or our twice cursed #1 pick a few years back are ready to take over. In the meantime, try to get a good right handed batting outfielder, and maybe a starting pitcher not named Rodon. No insane contracts, please!
×
×
  • Create New...