Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Coach Wheels

Verified Member
  • Posts

    271
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Coach Wheels

  1. Everything is for sale all the time. If the price is right, this team can get sold tomorrow. Personally, I look forward to the day the Pohlads are out of baseball.
  2. The Rays front office is very good and the only way they walk away from Diaz is if the resources someone gives them make them better. I would be scared to death to trade with the Rays. 😀
  3. I think we can sign Ryan and still move him before the deadline
  4. This was my thought as well. Locking up Bradley makes sense, understanding that pitchers are fragile. No one else on the list is in the discussion for me and the idea of waiting on all of them until a new CBA is signed would also make a lot of sense.
  5. 💯 on this comment. There was just so much inconsistency all year with everyone except Bradley. The next game where Ryan beats a playoff caliber team might be the 1st time he's done it. I don't see him as an ace but a #2 stsrter and that is not who he needs to be. The bullpen was a group we held our breath with all year long. The fact that we used so many RP this year tells you what chaos looked like. Lots of room for improvement in 2027
  6. 96 RBI's seem like more than a C- player but we can agree to disagree.
  7. First, grading anyome who had less than 100 PA's isn't fair so I have comme.t on those guys. Bell was exactly who we knew he'd be. He drove in 96 runs and I'd give him a B+. Keaschall had a nice year at the plate but he's a defensive liability. I'lll give him a C. The rest of the grades seem fair.
  8. They were better than expected by maybe 5 games but this is a division that very very average. The Twins are a mess defensively and in the bullpen and if I'm going to take them seriously in 2027, the ownership has to take their franchise seriously and improve the talent. 85 wins gets you a division flag, the bar isn't that high
  9. I never read the entire article, that's on me. :) They tend to get a little long :)
  10. Making the offer isn't a problem but with Boras as his agent, it will not get accepted and will get a 4 year, $80 million+ deal somewhere else. He's gone.
  11. Keaschall is a DH. Lewis is a DH. Clemens might be a DH. I could go on, there are more, but I think we all see a glaring issue with this roster.
  12. He has definitely earned a contract for next year and maybe a raise. This is most likely his ceiling as an offensive player but I'll take 3 more years just like it if possible.
  13. 💯 I do not see a path where they pay Jeffers the same money as Buxton. Boras will make sure Jeffers is in the free agency pool and he will get more than $17 million/year for multiple years.
  14. There are no Joe Mauer's on this list but we shouldn't expect that either. The MLB draft is always a crapshoot but Culpepper and Jenkins look like ball players.
  15. 💯 accurate. The expectations were zero to start the year, defensively this is a bad team. Offensively, they've played well enough to be 5 games under .500 but I refuse to give Zoll and Pohlad credit for adding $8 million at the deadline for guys that are ok, at best. This team will change over the winter; we need a #1 catcher, and the OF needs to have actual OF'ers not DH's. It will be interesting to see who we keep and who moves on.
  16. Seems like a lot of questions for a guy to answer in 1 month. Culpepper looks be a very good player but this road to, let's say 90 wins, seems long. Upgrades defensively and offensively are really important and, if payroll stays at $110 million, our young guys will have to be good.
  17. A qualifying offer to Jeffers would most likely be north of $20 million/year. I don't see the Twins doing that, with any player, in the foreseeable future.
  18. Buck's last HR was June 26th. It is very hard to count on him for more than 100 games/year
  19. Injuries have always been part of a teams success or lack of success. Great/Good teams have depth with respect to talent and that is a shortcoming for our Twins. The pitching staff and the OF have had key injuries this year and the guys we've rolled out when injuries have happened to those 2 groups, we've struggled.
  20. Josh Bell is a pro and he's been a pro all summer for this team. No way he comes back with all the young guys on the doorstep but, if this team makes the playoffs, it will because Bell has a special last 5 weeks.
  21. There's no room for Austin Martin on this roster next year. Culpepper and Jenkins make Martin expendable
×
×
  • Create New...