-
Posts
1,959 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by LastOnePicked
-
The one thing I have zero interest in is Twins fans going after Twins fans. If you're actually spending valuable time at TwinsDaily, chances are you're a fan. Congratulations, you're in the club. Some of us still have some optimism left in the tank and some of us don't. I'm fine with that. Not a single one of the Twins' problems have anything whatsoever to do with the fandom.
-
Good stuff, but again, that doesn't bother me one bit. Greed doesn't even bother me from an MLB owner. Incompetence is what really gets me. I actually don't even want there to be more revenue sharing. That's only going to inflate middling player contracts and send more unearned cash to loser ownership groups. Sure, I'd love a baseball-loving good samaritan saint at the head of this club. But if I can't have that, I want a money-hungry owner who wants to make an absolute stinking fortune off a championship winning team.
-
If this were all it was, I could even forgive that. I don't expect an owner to run an MLB team as a non-profit. If money motivates someone to push for success, so be it. What I can't get over is the utter lack of curiosity about how a winning organization is actually assembled. Pohlads are like a dim kid with a lemonade stand, not being able to understand why no one wants to buy their powdery yellow water.
-
Is this forthcoming "meaningful investment" the same as this September's "meaningful games"? What a joke of an organization. To be entirely fair, there's almost nothing Tom Pohlad could have said today that would get me back onboard. At this point, I'm no longer fair towards this ownership. I like to be fair, but I can't be. Too much nonsense and too many missed opportunities to make something real here. But I'm not sure I'm wrong. I looked at the pure pablum Pohlad tossed out after Gleeman asked about the payroll specifics: I mean, that says nothing. It says less than nothing. All it tells fans is that the team continues to be "led" by people who can't even talk like a real human being to other real human beings. The SKOR North folks reported that Pohlad even used the phrase "a reinvention of Twins baseball." It's a "reinvention" that involves more corporate babble-speak and keeping the yes-man insider society intact. Don't spend too much time parsing out today's statements, gang. It's clear that nothing has changed and no one is steering the ship. If you have high hopes for 2027, now might be the time to adjust them accordingly. It's going to take a new CBA, a team sale and probably an entirely overhauled organization to truly signal a reinvention of this bottom-tier baseball team.
-
If I'm ever down and out in this world, I want Sax Joe in my corner. Whatever you're drinking, pretend this round is on me. I think you're way too optimistic on pretty much everything Twins, but I like your comment board style.
- 73 replies
-
- josh bell
- brooks lee
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Very great. And very unlikely. Plenty of track record at this point for both of them. Lewis has lost plate discipline and Ryan is not durable.
- 39 replies
-
- byron buxton
- royce lewis
- (and 6 more)
-
Pete Maki Not Returning As Twins' Pitching Coach
LastOnePicked replied to Steve Drumwright's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I agree. I wonder who in the organization is actually making these decisions? This team has had bottom five league-worst defense for how many seasons now? That maybe had more to do with the pitchers' struggles than Pete Maki. -
Pete Maki Not Returning As Twins' Pitching Coach
LastOnePicked replied to Steve Drumwright's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
No experienced coach would ever leave a perennial winner for a perennial loser. -
Excellent point. But they can't and don't do that. So the only hope for 2027 is some real spending to raise the floor.
- 79 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Okay, yes. One of the five worst staffs in MLB, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise. But I can't help but wonder if the bigger issue isn't defense. They're still a fairly slow, clumsy team, even with their younger core. Are they making changes just to make changes, or have they identified top coaching/executive talent? Who's making these decisions?
- 79 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Have we ever heard anything from these "limited partners"? I don't expect a weekly podcast or anything, but maybe just a single press conference in which they introduce themselves and talk about their interest in the team and thoughts for the future might be a nice idea. Instead, I think these are just Pohlad buddies who bailed them out of debt and are just waiting for a payout after a future sale.
- 39 replies
-
- byron buxton
- royce lewis
- (and 6 more)
-
Excellent article, Nick. Two things, though ... 1) "It was, honestly, not a ridiculous concept." Honestly though, it was a ridiculous concept. Lopez has an injury history and had already missed a huge chunk of 2025. The whole point of bringing him back at the end of last year was to show him off to potential offseason suitors. I'm almost certain that's what Falvey had in mind. If your entire offseason plan is derailed on the very first pitch of a Spring Training scrimmage, then your plan was ridiculous. 2) "Last offseason, there was at least some justification for restraint. The Twins were coming off an organizational reset." I can't find a single justification not have put some investment into the rotation and the bullpen. The Pohlads had no trouble putting in the footwork to find "investment partners" to buy out their debt. But somehow they didn't have a spare minute to sketch out a budget for a few modest additions? I don't buy it. This team does need an organizational reset. It just hasn't happened yet. A new brain trust is needed immediately, so that they're not caught flat-footed at the end of the lockout.
- 79 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is a fascinating point and speculation. Shaded99 should be changed to SherlockHolmes99.
- 79 replies
-
- byron buxton
- joe ryan
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Week in Review: Finishing With a Flourish
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
"Will his September downturn affect the team's decision-making with regards to a qualifying offer?" This isn't snark or sass - this is an earnest question: Why would the Twins not make the QO to Jeffers? He's already as much as said he'd turn it down, so it's just essentially a free compensatory draft pick. But if he doesn't turn it down, the Twins can certainly afford a one-year market rate salary for Jeffers. They still need a decent C there next year anyways. Not making the QO in this case seems like front office stupidity in its most pure form. What am I missing?- 19 replies
-
- taj bradley
- connor prielipp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I never want a team to deliberately tank a game. It's a terrible message, especially for young players. But it is kind of hilarious that this team can't win when they need to and can't lose when it might actually help them.
- 48 replies
-
- dean kremer
- josh bell
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'll never understand why folks who are happy with this season are mad at other fans who aren't. If you wanted Pohlad to stand pat, "go for it" and keep the veteran core intact, then you got what you wanted. Congratulations. You should be happy. Ownership may not be listening to any of us, but they definitely aren't listening to those of us who wanted the rebuild finished. And in '27, you're going to win again, because they're going to have to bring almost all of these same players back again and just hope for a different result. You won. Relax. Enjoy. It's just too bad the Twins aren't winning, too.
-
Listened on the radio. So much back-slapping and praise for a 77 win team. I get it - it's their job. But it's nauseating. Curious to see what Shelton, Zoll and Pohlad have to say. But I suspect that there's going to be a lot of self-congratulation and a lot of hope-mongering. Hope can be a lovely thing, but if this team doesn't deal with reality, it's never going to be able to build a winning future. This is a sub-.500 baseball team that missed the playoffs in the most winnable WC in memory. That's the reality. This season was a failure. Period. They have some good things to build on for next year, but so does every major league team. With the season on the line, this team played the worst baseball in all of the American League. When the pressure was off, they went 6-2. Something about this organization that just cannot rise to meet the moment. That may change. It may all come together next year. But I gotta see it happen before I'll believe it. I'm done with the hype and the hope at this point. I want to see this team take its failures seriously before it starts selling its future.
- 48 replies
-
- dean kremer
- josh bell
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Did the Twins Exceed Expectations This Year?
LastOnePicked replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
That's going to be the entire foundation for their 2027 marketing strategy. -
Lee is a little better than replacement value, but I generally agree. There's real talent here, but it's largely unproven talent. Sophomore slumps can be real, and even if these guys play well, most MLB teams have ten players with about this much promise ... if not much more. Pitching is going to very thin, and defense certainly needs strengthening. I'm not yet convinced that Shelton can get the most out of these guys. It's going to take a whole new system of coaching to elevate the Twins' game.
- 26 replies
-
- walker jenkins
- taj bradley
- (and 8 more)

