Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

twinfan

Verified Member
  • Posts

    673
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by twinfan

  1. I've said before that Ober knows how to pitch. I wonder if his reduced velocity is a lingering affect on his injury. If we don't improve our starters, then sign him for 5.5 mil. Or maybe look at putting him in the bullpen but no, leave him as a starter if he comes back.
  2. I have no problem with them signing Larnach for 6 million next year.
  3. Yes we have many BP arms but are they really that good? If we use one of our starters as a closer, it had better be one that doesn't have difficulties in the first inning. I'd rather spend the money on a good hitter, preferably one who can hit left handed pitching and a decent catcher (if we lose Jeffers) than a closer but I'd like to see the free agents coming up this season. I read that good hitters will be scarcer than in past years.
  4. I can't find a list of pending free agents but my guess would be to have Matthews in the starting rotation instead of Abel. Also maybe Ober who knows how to pitch. Prelip has been ok and can fill in when an injury occurs. But we will need to bring in another decent starter. The bullpen should keep Gomez and Hoffman. I hate Funderberk though he is a lefty who can bring it but is very wild. The others are a toss-up. Maybe Abel can fill in to build himself up. I don't see Jeffers coming back and am not a Caratini fan so a catcher would be needed. After that, I'd sign Arraez if the Phils don't and see what else may be out there. We scored lots of runs this year yet are below .500. Why? Were we able to move runners over? Was the pitching that bad? (Probably). The youngsters give us hope. The division could be there for the taking again. Let's take it!
  5. GMs will ALWAYS make the biggest boo-boo in sports by signing a guy who has a big year after being no better than mediocre or worse for his career. Bringing back France would kill this team (IMHO). I'd rather have Arraez.
  6. First or third would be my choices. Some might argue that he doesn't hit with enough power for either position and that may be true but we have several middle infield possibilities besides him. And there are rumors of bringing back Arraez to play second if the Phils don't extend him. But the bottom line is that 2027 will be it for Lewis if he doesn't improve his offensive numbers.
  7. Bradley has been a savior this season. Hopefully he can be similar next year. Nice to see Jenkins coming around. But this is the Giants who are having a horrible (for them) season. Let's see what the Twins will do for next year. Many decisions regarding the pitching and DH will have to be made.
  8. While I agree to bring Bell back, it all depends on what they will do with Buxton. If Buxton will be the DH (my choice), then Bell would have to go. If Bux will see the field, then I'd bring Bell back. Yes, it would keep a youngster on the farm but one of them may need to stay down. If Bell does return, they could deal him in mid-season (or earlier) if things don't work out for the team needs. Building for the future is important too but Bell has been better than what we have and we have to see if people like Lee, Clemons, etc. can continue to improve.
  9. I would definitely keep Bell and Lewis from this list but Buxton will not see the field anymore so Bell will likely be gone. Lewis needs a full spring to learn first base. I like Ober but, unless we trade Ryan, I would think he won't be back. Wallner has power but little else. I'd make an offer to Jeffries and see what happens- maybe 3 years at $52 million. I do not like Caratini at all.
  10. I've always liked Rogers and it would be nice for him to get a couple of save chances. I also would hope he can pitch for 1 more season somewhere. His big curve should be good enough to get a couple of left handed batters out. But there may not be room for him anywhere though if he gets 3-4 saves in the last 2 weeks .......
  11. If the Twins do not find a third baseman and if they do not go into the free agent market for a first baseman, then Lewis has to be the choice. I don't see the Twins signing a free agent first baseman because they will cost too much. I also don't see them getting a third baseman either. Lewis could move back to third if we got a first baseman. Is Shaw from the Cubs a possible third baseman? Could we trade Ryan for a first or third baseman? Is Clemens power for real? These are some questions that need to be answered.
  12. Despite his size, Ober has never been an overpowering pitcher but he knows how to pitch. But the Twins have several starters who seem to be past him in the rotation choice so I don't see him being a part of the '27 Twins plans
  13. Rogers has not been good but has experience for the kids in the pen. I'd like to see him go to a playoff team but it probably won't happen. Funderburk can't throw strikes and should be dumped. Adams is inconsistent but who isn't. Minter is ok and should be signed for next year. Same for Gomez. Krieder could be kept for a late inning replacement if we have better hitting. I can't believe this team is among the top offensive teams yet struggles to score when it counts. I'd keep Larnach for now but I'm not sure they can afford to keep Buxton unless they can't get what they need for him. I'd also sign Bell for another year but he may want to walk.
  14. Though I'm surprised they brought up Jenkins and not Wallner, I think he will be a very good player and we have to look forward to the future. I like Roden's swing and hope he will help off the bench next year. Supposedly we have some good minor league prospects to develop a very good team going forward. This season now looks lost as far as playoffs. The next big question is going to be what to do with Buxton. Does he have value enough to get 2 good pitchers at the major league level in the off-season?
  15. I give the nod to Wallner. Ross is just another utility and we have 2-3 of those. Larnach has come back to normal but hopefully can find his touch again soon. Grey has ML experience but isn't as good as others. I don't expect to see Jenkins this season but you never know. But we need a RH bat.
  16. Well Bux is gone again and if he goes on the IL, the opening is there. However, the Twins don't rush players to the majors so I would guess they won't do it here. Jenkins has just gotten his first taste of AAA and he will be here next year. My guess is they will look at the waiver wire for a right handed hitter (they missed out on Hays) or maybe bring back Wallner or a reliever.
  17. Cute. But it will never work. In order to become a playoff team, we need to hire a Shaman to put a curse on every other team in the race. Then we need to sweep the A's, Angels and the like. We might win 75% of the games left and still not get there. We need that curse.
  18. I'm sure there wasn't a market for him but I don't like Caratini and hoped he would be dealt so I hope we don't get an injury there.
  19. It doesn't look like he will keep a pitcher from getting here from the minors so it can't be all that bad. However, when we get our injured arms back, I would be surprised if he comes up. And I'm surprised that so many think Ober is through.
  20. Let's see who else lands on the DFA list. While I agree to bring up a minor leaguer, I would NOT get rid of Bell who has been one of our better hitters so far. Of the 3, I'd take Soler but he has to be healthy. Then who does he replace? As for the other 2, Seattle is a graveyard for RH but both are way down in the pecking order. I can see the Yanks taking a flyer on Garver.
  21. I don't expect much this year and we may be in great shape with starters next year. I've never thought much of Kremer and Anderson seemed like he was going to do well. I'd have kept Matthews up here to keep him getting experience vs major league hitters. I have hope that he can become a good SP. BTW- Kremer is wayyyyy better than Shoemaker ever was. Happ? maybe not overall or even.
  22. B- They improved the bullpen a bit but it was getting better. They got another starter but who is not currently doing well. But they failed to get a right handed hitter who can hurt lefties. I also think both the White Sox and Indians did better and that's who we have to catch. I give them a 14% chance for the division and a 19% chance for a wild card. But we can only hope.
  23. They are only in it because the division is very weak. Let's hope they can stay in it though I have my doubts. I think both Cleveland and Chicago improved more than we did but we'll see.
  24. Hoffman can be the closer we have needed but the Twins failed to bring in a good, right-handed bat. All in all I give the Twins a B- for this trade deadline. Pitching does win in the long run but we started to do better with our bullpen and now have turned it topsy turvy. So we now have 2 pitchers for each of the 6th, 7th 8th and 9th innings but only a questionable additional starter and no new right handed bat. Can we catch either or both Chicago and Cleveland? Based on all team's additions, I have my doubts. And now they drop Anderson who was effective but will have to wait for next year. I'm still looking forward to 2027.
  25. Hoffman can be the closer we have needed but the Twins failed to bring in a good, right-handed bat. All in all I give the Twins a B- for this trade deadline. Pitching does win in the long run but we started to do better with our bullpen and now have turned it topsy turvy. So we now have 2 pitchers for each of the 6th, 7th 8th and 9th innings but no additional starter or right handed bat. Can we catch either or both Chicago and Cleveland? Based on all team's additions, I have my doubts.
×
×
  • Create New...