• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox 6:40 PM 5/18/2021

Baily Ober makes his major league debut as he faces the first-place Chicago White Sox at Target Field. The Twins face Lance Lynn for the second time in six days. Yesterday, the White Sox clubbed the Twins extending their string of dominance against the Sox.

The weather looks iffy from here (75 miles away) but there may be a window of dreary, but dry air to complete the game. Good luck Baily Ober.

White Sox (25-15)

Anderson ss

Lamb lf

Moncada 3b

Mercedes dh

Eaton rf

Grandal c

Vaughn 1b

Garcia cf

Madrigal 2b

Lynn (p) 4-1 1.30 ERA

Twins (13-26)

Arraez 2b

Donaldson 3b

Polanco dh

Kepler cf

Sanó 1b

Larnach lf

Garlick rf

Simmons ss

Rortvedt c

Ober (p) Major League Debut

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many homers will the Sox hit tonight? The line is 5. I’ll take the Ober

While Twins fans can't believe that Alexander Colome

Alright y’all. I’ve seen and read this story play out enough. Time to walk the dog and flip on over to the Wild game. May the best team win tonight, @LVTwinsfan

Posted Images

"The weather looks iffy from here (75 miles away) but there may be a window of dreary, but dry air to complete the game.:

Dreary but dry air reminds me of Latin class. Two years in all I could say was "Ubi est villa agricola."  Wasn't until much later I discovered vino. Didn't mean to drag my feet.

Dick relating how people didn't like Mercedes' 9th inning homer last night, one of whom was La Russa.  This is the crap that's ruining baseball.  It's a hitter's job to hit; is he supposed to just stand there and let every pitch sail past him?  If you don't want the other team to try and score, just forfeit.

1 minute ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Dick relating how people didn't like Mercedes' 9th inning homer last night, one of whom was La Russa.  This is the crap that's ruining baseball.  It's a hitter's job to hit; is he supposed to just stand there and let every pitch sail past him?  If you don't want the other team to try and score, just forfeit.

100% agree. I’m listening on radio and I’m losing my mind at how stupid this is. They disciplined Mercedes for doing his freaking job?! This old school crap needs to die ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Ruining baseball? There are a lot of written rules you could argue are “ruining” baseball, but in today’s game it’s the unwritten rules that are ignored, they are no threat to the game

Just now, MMMordabito said:

Looks like Slegers 2.0 ... Tall guy that soft tosses and gets rammed

Aaron Slegers career MiLB stats--798.2 IP, 3.75 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 6.6 k/9, 3.2 k/bb

Bailey Ober career MiLB stats--188.2 IP, 2.34 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 11 k/9, 9.6 k/bb

As you can see, Ober is far superior to Slegers.  Will he be a good starter?  I have no idea, maybe not.  But writing him off simply because he has the same stature and velocity as another pitcher who failed is just silly.