Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. Thanks for listing those numbers! Much appreciated! My initial guess was 2 strike counts would lead to weaker contact, and therefor, more DPs with 2 strikes. Maybe this was the approach years ago? Maybe the approach has now shifted to "look to drive the ball with 2 strikes and if you strike out it is better than a double play." A bit surprising but it makes complete sense. My apologies if this is redundant in this conversation.
  2. Can anyone find data on % of double plays hit into across MLB with 2 strikes? Just curious...good conversation.
  3. We disagree on this. Let's leave it at that and move on.
  4. Our definitions of rare are very different. You guys are talking names (and not that many) within the last 5-25 years. This to me is rare. To each their own.
  5. You haven't heard? That never happened...😆😆😆
  6. Joe Smith and the Twolves happened how many years ago? It is extremely rare when this happens...in any sport. You need a reality check if you think otherwise.
  7. Tell this to my Angel buddies and they will laugh at you. The Angels have been a joke of an organization and continue to make mind-boggling moves every year. Angel fans (die-hard) are done with them...especially if they do not re-sign Sho Hei the Money. I am not saying there are a lot of teams to make this happen. I am saying I would not be surprised if it did. I could easily see him becoming a Dodger. I also did not say the Twins WANT to get rid of him. I am saying we could sell high on him now, as the thread asks for ideas...
  8. Fair points...but some teams might see his poor offensive season due to his plantar fasctisissitis, and bet on him bouncing back. I see him declining in a year even without injury. Good points though.
  9. I'm not as big of fan as Carlos as many of you (which is weird because I loved him when he was coming up). All good. I hope he does well for as long as he is a Twin.
  10. Fairly certain in every sport everyone has conversations with everyone and it is difficult to get caught tampering.
  11. d) larger market teams would not have issues e) It is a business f) Lee coming up pretty quick...fans will soon think, "Carlos was cool...but this Lee guy is the coolist!" (With Adam Sandler voice)
  12. Concur for most of this. However, it only takes 1 (probably larger market) team to a) miss out on FA target(s) b) get desperate to make playoffs (see Angels/Red Sox) c) talk Carlos into wanting a change of scenery We might not get great value, but we could ultimately get out of an expensive contract before he declines. Again...in MY opinion, he will be declining sooner rather than later.
  13. Completely my opinion that he will decline in a year or two. Other teams might agree with you...which is the point of this thread...selling at maximum value before he does start to decline. No trade clauses can/have been waived.
  14. I might get booed here...How about Mr. Correa? He played great in playoffs but is about to decline pretty fast and steadily... Arizona? Boston? Either LA team? Miami? SF? St. Louis?
  15. Joe goes 6 1/3 and gives up 2 runs. We win 7-3. Force a game 5 to make us all age 10 years.
  16. Jeremy Pena is a nice player...but he makes me want to beat the Astros 10x more. What was he doing down 5-0, doubling, and doing the humpty dance. Sonny may not be as nice as Lopez if he pulls that again,.. In the above post, I believe "Ryan" was referring to Jeffers and not Joe.
  17. Are these lists going to get averaged out? Just curious...fun stuff.
  18. I took my crow out of the freezer to defrost. If we win this series, I will eat it 3 different ways. PS: Why don't they make new episodes of Iron Chef anymore?
  19. Brooks LeeWalker JenkinsCharlee SotoEmmanuel RodriguezCory LewisBryan AcunaMarco RayaBrandon WinokurYunior SeverinoLuke KeaschallDavid FestaYasser MercedesTanner SchobelDanny De AndradeRonny HenriquezKala'i RosarioKody FunderburkConnor PrielippMatt CanterinoJose Rodriguez
  20. Wallner wins rookie dress up day! If Lewis can ever play 150 games in a season, we might have a legit .280/35/120 guy!
  21. I was at a scouting combine years ago and had an opportunity to talk with Matt Nokes...asked him any tips for hitting good curveballs. He told me, "yeah...don't miss the fastballs."
  22. Castro needs to be added to the bullpen usage spreadsheet! He might have to do this again today or tomorrow!
  23. I coached KamWillman in high school! I had no idea he was in the Twins organization! Let's go buddy!
  24. I would rather bring up our prospects than trade for mediocre players. If we are going to trade...make big splashes.
×
×
  • Create New...