Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. Yankees are supposedly in dialogue with the Padres for Soto, but they seem far apart if what I read off of bleacher report is true. Padres looking for top dudes...Dominguez, Volpe, Schmidt...and Yankees are not all about it. If the Padres would accept something like Festa, SWR, and Kepler, would have to pull the trigger...right? Anyone hear anything new on Soto or Alonso?
  2. Matz for Christian Vasquez sounds great!
  3. Jazz would be 20/40 every year but can't stay healthy. But sure, I'll throw Max in...Kirby is a stud.
  4. Lee for Kirby feels a lot like Jazz Chisholm for Zach Gallon.
  5. Anyone else having a hard time with a lot of these player values?
  6. FWIW, mlb network reporting Soto will be gone before season starts.
  7. I said the Padres were a mess...mostly for how much money they have spent and are 14 games above .500 over the last 3 years. And some animosity in the dugout. (Payroll of 255m got them to 82-80)
  8. My thought process (which I'm sure is flawed) is trade 1 year of Kepler for 1 year of Soto. Strike when the iron is hot.
  9. The Mets are a mess...the Padres are a mess. Both should know by now (or very soon) whether they can resign Soto/Alonso, and will have to make a decision to trade them in off-season or trade deadline.
  10. As far as the cost goes...would you rather have Kiermaier for 1yr/12M or Soto 1yr/15M (after we subtract some of of payroll in trade) and a top 100 prospect not named Lee or Jenkins? *keep in mind we would get draft pick compensation from Soto later on, as mentioned earlier in thread.
  11. You all make really good points...I appreciate the feedback! *just want to reiterate my initial proposal to get Soto: it would be a package built around Kepler and Kirilloff...not solely those 2.
  12. Juan Soto is a top 10 hitter in all of MLB and Pete Alonso is a 40/120 guy every year when healthy. Both, more than likely, would be 1-year rentals...Soto at $27M and Alonso at $21M. Are either worth getting in a trade? Both? Should the Twins be interested? What would you give up? For myself, I would package a deal around Kepler and Kirilloff for Soto (and then do everything possible to sign Yamamoto). Would a move like this bolster our lineup enough to make it to the promise land next year? Would the juice be worth the squeeze?
  13. I'm not talking career...I mean right now. They are pretty even, with a higher average/less power from Kiermaier. I'd rather have a little extra pop. They can both swipe a bag when needed...pretty close there too. I don't think it is obvious who the better hitter is by any means...I think it's a coin toss. It comes down to contracts and if you want a left or right handed bat.
  14. Exactly...this is why I'd roll the dice on Yamamoto and spend big instead.
  15. For Kirby...yes. He is really good. And we need another Kirby around here!
  16. Going to take a lot to get either of the 2.
  17. Would love the Twins to make a run on Soto and Yamamoto. And Frodo. And Toto.
  18. C: Christian Vazquez ($10.00M) and Trevor Larnach ($.77M) *Get traded to White Sox, Marlins, or San Diego in the Soto deal 2B: Jorge Polanco ($10.50M) *Gets traded to Orioles, Brewers, Mets, Mariners, or Blue Jays RF: Max Kepler ($10.00M) 1B: Alex Kirilloff ($1.70M) RP: Cole Sands ($0.75M)RP: Jovani Moran ($0.75M) *Get traded to San Diego *These trades and signings leave us with a payroll around $145.00M* 1B: Edouard Julien/Matt Wallner 2B: Brooks Lee ($0.77M) 3B: Royce Lewis ($0.77M) SS: Carlos Correa ($33.33M) LF: Matt Wallner ($0.77M) CF: Byron Buxton ($15.00M) RF: Juan Soto ($30.00M - arb estimate is $27.00) DH: Edouard Julien ($0.77M) 4th OF: Willi Castro ($3.20M) Utility: Jose Miranda ($0.77M) Utility: Kyle Farmer ($6.60M) C: Ryan Jeffers ($2.30M) Backup C: Jair Camargo (Chris Williams #3) SP1: Pablo Lopez ($8.25M) SP2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto ($31.00M) SP3: Joe Ryan ($0.77M) SP4: Bailey Ober ($0.77M) SP5: Chris Paddack ($2.53M) RP: Jhoan Duran ($0.77M) RP: Brock Stewart ($0.77M) RP: Griffin Jax ($0.77M) RP: Jorge Alcala ($1.00M) RP: Caleb Thielbar ($3.00M) RP: Louie Varland ($0.77M) RP: Kody Funderburk ($0.77M) LINEUP: Eddie J Brooks Lee Rolls Royce Soto Correa Wallner Farmer/Castro Jeffers Buxton
  19. Now that we signed Kepler to 1 more year, we need to package him in a deal for Soto. I don't care if we end up getting only 1 year our of him...although obviously I'd love an extension. For those of you a little down on Soto...think about this: there were 10 players in all of MLB with an OPS .900 or higher. This list does not include Kyle Tucker, Corbin Carroll, or Austin Riley. Soto's was .930 in not his best year...
  20. I would give Yamamoto anything he wants. His small frame scares me, but worth the risk. Give him 7/210.
  21. Absolutely need to kick the tires on Soto. A few things to think about: 1) Would Buxton waive his no-trade clause to play in San Diego (many would)? 2) Would SD have any interest in Vasquez? Kepler? Polanco? 3) We have a lot of depth in prospects. A package around #1 or #2 with a few prospects in the 5-30 range might get it done.
  22. The A's have some bad boys coming up! I wonder who they will get traded to!
  23. I clicked on the Fangraphs link, but was unable to find out who finished 1-3 in plus+...Miller is pretty dirty and was at 4. Anyone know who 1-3 were?
  24. Welcome to the club! Turns out when a game is (160?? 200?? years old) older than dirt, there will always be changes and new things to figure out. Have to love it! Ken Burns needs to come out with a "pre-history of baseball." Does he talk about Louis and Clark playing with the natives in the first episode? maybe he does.
×
×
  • Create New...