Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Glorybound

Verified Member
  • Posts

    101
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Glorybound

  1. I guess it’s however you want to look at it but the 26 season is over. The question I have is do you have a reliable closer on the team for 27? I have some doubts. Let’s all hope Hoffman is ok physically because if he is not they still have a thin bullpen for next year.
  2. I will always remember him for his last trade he made at last season’s trade deadline. Not a sign of intelligence at all.
  3. Why the rush to trade him now? Might as well ride the horse till the trade deadline.
  4. As bad as this team needs bullpen arms I am not sure what the worry is. It’s not like they are making big money. Next year is a prove it situation for this bullpen. Finding a real closer is a far bigger concern if I am the gm.
  5. Proof that closers don’t grow on trees. The Varland trade looks to haunt the franchise for some time it appears.
  6. With the exception of Banda who have the Twins aquired via trade the last two off seasons that had any long term value? And Banda might be a stretch to say he qualifies. They didn’t sell at the deadline so now it’s time to pony up during the off season. I said in June it would be GM malpractice not to trade Ryan and Jeffers before the deadline as this team was not a playoff team. The bullpen was not addressed during the offseason after a botched Varland trade. Likely still don’t have a real closer unless Gomez can get to the next level.
  7. Yes they are going to have to make some trades if they are going to improve the major league roster for 2027. Hitting on a couple of free agents would be helpful also. This idea that all we have to do is develop our homegrown talent is not going to put a winning team on the field or fans in the stands.
  8. I guess I don’t see ownership offering a qualifying offer. Past performance as the indicator here. I guess we will see.
  9. This was the deal they made when they went all in. Time to pay the piper. I don’t see a qualifying offer as a possibility. Their roster is not set for offering a long term contract. So that option seems very unlikely.
  10. The lack of additions during the off season spoke volumes as to what to expect this season. The bullpen they started the season with wasn’t good enough for double A. Taking Morris out of the rotation has left them one more starter short as injuries have piled up. Taking a shot at Kremer was worth a chance but lottery tickets like him seldom are enough band aid enough to stop the bleeding. He hasn’t been able to go deep enough in games to say it worked out.
  11. Nice to see Zebby showing some real confidence. The front office needs to make some moves this off season. It’s time to move this franchise in a winning direction. Example trade two left handed hitting outfielders for a solid mid to late inning reliever. What they did last offseason is not going to work.
  12. Stick a fork in em they are done. Time to call up the prospects and find out what you have for next year. I am not disappointed with what they did at the deadline but it’s time to evaluate what you have and make a plan for the future. They need to make some real moves this offseason to address there shortcomings. Any player on this roster is tradeable if the right deal comes along.
  13. Comparing the last two seasons is really silly. Some of the bonehead decisions from last year are being lived out this year aka Varland trade. Example of this is Andrew Morris being used as a set up reliever. While he has had a good season as a whole his best use still may be a starter. The hole they dug last year will not be fixed in a single season.
  14. I would say Buck is about 55%. Time to let the youth have a crack. If that means IL then so be it. The bullpen was bound to have a set back or two.
  15. Patience will be rewarded I feel. This season is becoming the proving ground for a solid team. I still don’t think they make the playoffs but I have to give them credit for a team that while is often frustrating, are fun to watch.
  16. I have to give Zoll some real credit for the deadline deals that they made. This bullpen is decent since the deadline. I think back to all the deadlines that came and went with Falvley and not much positive was ever accomplished. The defense is borderline horrible yet here we are.
  17. I think they have painted themselves into a corner in this one. I guess we will have to see how it plays out. Going all in has consequences as they are about to find out.
  18. With Joe Ryan and Buck on the shelf this team is going to have to rediscover itself. It’s a long way to the top. The next ten games are going to tell a lot whether this team can hang with the top of the division.
  19. Without Buck this offense is toothless. Hard to play meaningful games in September if you are out of it August.
  20. Lewis won’t make that mistake again. It’s just one of those things that happens and experience is a better teacher than any coach.
  21. Amazing ending for sure. With the exception of two swings of the bat the Twins were completely outplayed this series. Time to wake the rest of the bats up.
  22. I am not getting the feeling that this team is playoff bound. Buck’s hip hasn’t been right for a while and his performance shows it.
×
×
  • Create New...