I can never understand how Rocco can bat Wallner or Larnich in the leadoff spot. Not only are they double play candidates in later innings to kill rallies, strike out candidates, but they also clog the bases
if they happen to single.
I find it amazing that Rocco is now letting the guys run the bases and play exciting baseball. Where was this approach 2 to 3 months ago when the games meant something?
I live in Pennsylvania and have been a Twins fan since the 60's. My son now lives in St Paul so I travel to Minnesota every September to visit my son and attend 2 or 3 Twins. There is NO chance that I will be attending a Twins game this year or ever with the existing ownership. I am surprised more people don't do the same.
I live in Pennsylvania and have been a Twin fan since the early 60s and usually watch most of their games but I had to turn off the last 2 in the 5th or 6th inning. This is beyond pathetic. Looks like another year with no meaningful baseball in September. Go Vikes!
Agree totally with last opinion. Twins are not fundamentally sound. Baserunning, contact with men in scoring position etc. This is one man's responsibility. Baldelli has to go!
Look how the Twins besides the bottom of the 9th. They stole 4 bases in an inning with aggressive baserunning . Where has that been all year? Plus they put the ball in play the last couple days with runners in scoring position. I still can't figure out why that is so hard to do.
Why would the Twins get rid of guys like Paddock and Castro when they
are 3 games behind WC with Lopez, Ober, Matthews and Keuchel all on
the way back by August?