knothole61
Verified Member-
Posts
623 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by knothole61
-
TD, thanks again for providing a place for us to lick our wounds, vent our considerable frustrations, and also sing the praises of our favorite players. At this time of year I'm always reminded of the words of Bart Giamatti, one of the greatest champions of the greatest game we know: It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops. Hang in there folks, pitchers and catchers report in 134 days!
- 48 replies
-
- dean kremer
- josh bell
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
And it's the first day of fall...could have been worse!
- 20 replies
-
- game recap
- dean kremer
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Provus is a class act...a consummate professional who is always well prepared for his broadcasts. We are lucky to have him.
- 57 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm so tired of watching Lewis flail away at everything! Something has to give here. I don't think I can stand watching another year of it. It's like Royce is a character from the movie It Happens Every Spring where chemistry professor (Ray Milland) concocts something that avoids wood and he loads baseballs up with it and strikes out every helpless batter he faces. Could that be the problem with Lewis? Maybe the commissioner's office should look into it.
- 57 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is why baseball is still the grand old game: two outs, no one on, top of the ninth, nothing on the line but pride, and the light-hitting Caratini shoots a single to right bringing the rookie with the .140 average to the plate against the fireballer Joyce..and this time Casey doesn't strike out. What a wonderful moment for the kid, the team, and the fans. This season was a rough, but interesting, rollercoaster ride but here in the midst of a fruitless September I feel genuine hope for the future.
- 57 replies
-
- game recap
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
D.C., Interesting takes. Of them all I think that Jenkins might take the longest to ripen. I know he has potential but he looked very lost at the plate for the most part.
- 71 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- brooks lee
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yes, and the frustration that their fans felt at blowing a bases loaded situation in extras must make it feel even better! Sweet win...
- 71 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- brooks lee
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm happier losing with Shelton, though I can't say why exactly. Advancing age?
- 57 replies
-
- taylor rogers
- emmanuel rodriguez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yankees (Fried) vs Twins (Ober): 09/15/26, 6:40 PM
knothole61 replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
Meanwhile, east on I-94 the Brewers are celebrating another divisional crown near the end of their latest exciting regular season. I suggest that we start poaching coaches and administrators from that organization because they have the mojo! -
Despite what has been a horrible second half collapse filled with pitching foibles, batting slumps, and injuries, the Twins' quest for playoff contention was still a very near thing as late as the past weekend. If our boys had managed to gird themselves for the Cleveland series as if it was their last best hope (which it was) and had managed to sweep the fallible Guardians we'd now find ourselves only one loss behind both Cleveland and the Rangers and two behind the Blue Jays for the last wild card spot. But I didn't' sense any urgency during this last series nor were the fans willing to come out in numbers to support a last ditch effort in beautiful weather. Even the manager, rather than let the now unreliable Ryan take another shot at competence, might have chosen to throw together a bullpen game instead of allowing, a struggling pitcher loose to give up a very predictable 4 runs in 4 innings. 20/20 hindsight? Maybe...and who am I to judge "urgency" in players? Well, as a Supreme Court justice famously said regarding pornography many years ago: I know it when I see it. And I could clearly see it in the opposition's dugout this past series. I don't believe that the Guardians have a much better team than the Twins and they are certainly not being paid as much, but they have that Je ne sais quoi that will likely find them in the playoffs with a chip, chair, and a chance while the Twins are golfing!
- 29 replies
-
- game recap
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah, we needed to sweep Cleveland just to keep the flame of hope flickering a bit. Such a sad last few weeks-eh? I know that the offensive production has been spotty of late, but man wouldn't it be nice to have some faith in the relief staff to keep us in games after the 6th? I now agree with Ash...stick a fork in 'em!
- 58 replies
-
- game recap
- taj bradley
- (and 4 more)
-
Tigers 7, Twins 2: This One Was Ugly From the Start
knothole61 replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
"...not awful but nearly needless Nance." Love it!- 94 replies
-
- game recap
- zebby mattews
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Tigers 7, Twins 2: This One Was Ugly From the Start
knothole61 replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Are you ready for some football?- 94 replies
-
- game recap
- zebby mattews
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
MM, I understand your thrust here, but what better way to get this potentially valuable kid some good experience than to play him for the remainder of what is now clearly a lost season? He really does look lost and kind of clunky at bat right now, and I fully expect a strike out or a grounder to first during his at bats. He could become a star or perhaps Wallner, but let's have fun watching him develop and hoping for the best. I don't think that St. Paul has much to offer him at this point, do you?
-
Larnach may leave with my best wishes for his future. He's been a likable underachiever, I think. I know that I'm just speculating, but he often seems to lack passion. Keaschall clearly has it, but Larnach has been sort of happily going through the motions for at least a couple of years, in my humble opinion. But, please keep Jeffers...he's a catcher with good power at times and that's a very nice thing.
-
Twins (Ober) v ChiSox (Hudson), 9/6 @ 5:20pm CT
knothole61 replied to Squirrel's topic in Archived Game Threads
Misery loves company, and I'm enjoying these tales of Viking desperation. I fired a fork from my Super Bowl feast plate that stuck between two of the panels in our rec room after Otis Taylor rumbled about 50 yards for a TD against the Vikings in Super Bowl IV. I left it there for at least a week. Unlike some of you more rational folks I keep watching and hoping. -
The Sox are rolling but that was a lackluster effort. Suddenly we are 4.5 back of the last wild card after the Guardians invoked their deal with the Devil again...man, it seems like they've played at home for about six weeks! Yep, the days are growing shorter and soon the first tinges of yellow will dot the trees. The State Fair is drawing to an end. football is in the air, and I'm hearing that voice deep inside calling out as it has for so many, many years: "Turn the page, man...it's time to turn the page." And yet, I can't. Maybe it's because I'm so aware now that the current season may be the last for me, but I think it's something else; I think it's because I like this team, especially having watched the kids struggle and grow, and because the AL is still pretty weak, and finally because it's baseball and no game is more bizarre or unpredictable. Heck, this is nothing that a 10-game winning streak won't solve.
- 55 replies
-
- game recap
- josh bell
- (and 5 more)
-
Tigers (Anderson) vs Twins (Kremer): 09/02/26, 6:40 PM
knothole61 replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
My dad once played a perfect cribbage hand of 29 points. Google says that the odds of being dealt this hand are 1 in 216,580. I've been waiting for decades to find a place to legitimately post this in his memory. . -
Tigers (Anderson) vs Twins (Kremer): 09/02/26, 6:40 PM
knothole61 replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Archived Game Threads
That was by far the best time to see him! -
Sad...maybe have Clemens try a squeeze bunt in the 11th? I have a feeling that he's a decent bunter and the odds of a double play if the runner on second is sent on the pitch are very, very slim. Man, you just can't strike out in that situation...you just can't. On a positive note, ya' gotta' love Luke Baseball!
- 55 replies
-
- game recap
- brooks lee
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Left field then...every time I mention first base I get pummeled so I've learned to see the Emperor's clothes. Keaschall: love the kid! I could imagine Madden back in the day having him on his dirty uniform team.
- 49 replies
-
- game recap
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Great...too bad they shut Northland down. It was a one-of-a-kind eco-college one might say. I still love to head up to Ashland and visit Chequamegon Books. Yeah that was left to Henry Schoolcraft some years later who was bold enough to claim that a little puddle was the origin of a great river. In order to make this a legitimate TD post allow me to add: Go Twins!
- 77 replies
-
- game recap
- zebby matthews
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah 45, as you probably know, Zebby Pike acquired the land for Fort Snelling via a treaty with the Dakota who actually ceded a tract of land including a sacred site called Bdote in 1805...just a bit before my time. Where do you teach?
- 77 replies
-
- game recap
- zebby matthews
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:

