Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

glunn

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,696
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by glunn

  1. Agreed. And with reduced regulation of the big banks, we might see another too big to fail crisis. Too bad the Republicans were unwilling to work with Obama on infrastructure. In the long run, better infrastructure seems like a worthwhile investment.
  2. I am older than both of you, but wish that I had been more diversified in 2008 when I was close to Mike's age. I am also seeing lots of scenarios where there could be a drop of 40% or more within the next year or two.
  3. I am worried about the following: 1. Trump doing something stupid that crashes the stock market. 2. A prolonged war over the replacement of the Affordable Care Act that stalls tax cuts. 3. A breakup of the Eurozone. 4. A major terror attack that triggers widespread panic, like 9/11 or something worse. 5. A major injury from Buxton crashing into an outfield wall. Four of these five things could crash many of our portfolios. Be fearful when others are not. I am not getting out of the stock market, but am looking at every position asking myself what could go wrong, and I am re-balancing to get greater diversification. I am also glad that I did not invest in this: http://www.citypages.com/news/how-you-can-buy-shares-in-tyler-duffeys-future-8239471
  4. I am grateful for all of your posts in this thread. It's very informative to hear the perspective of an actual surgeon. I wish that you had been around to explain plantar fascitis and chronic leg fatigue when we were trying to comprehend those injuries.
  5. Thanks for tying this all together. I feel more optimistic after reading this.
  6. I have enjoyed this countdown and kudos to all of the authors. I wish that some of the players had sounded better, but am grateful that we got to hear all of the positives and negatives as to each player.
  7. Like most analogies, the DQ analogy is imperfect. The manager of a DQ would rarely if ever even speak with the CEO. I would hope that player development decisions at upper levels are discussed with the manager. We will never know what Molitor's role in this was. Maybe he is culpable, maybe he is innocent and maybe the truth lies in between. But it seems to me that he should have been asked for his input.
  8. Cuddyer? Hunter? And is any player really developmentally fool-proof?
  9. If he can become a "decent big-league regular" I will be happy. I am tired of revolving shortstops. I am also hopeful that he will do whatever he can to exceed his brother. I like it when human nature is on our side.
  10. Someone who also deserves a huge amount of credit is snepp, who was one of the original two moderators. snepp was an important force in developing an unwritten set of rules that eventually resulted in the polices that we have now codified here -- http://twinsdaily.co...september-2013/ I have fond memories of the early days when snepp and I were asked to moderate the site, but had to make up rules on the fly. Two things ended up making this work. First, Twins fans are inherently good people. Second, we were able to recruit additional moderators who did an exceptional job working as a team (along with Brock) to achieve the vision of John and the other owners. Happy Birthday TD, and kudos to the owners and to every Twins fan who has participated.
  11. HP is an oil services stock, not Hewlitt Packard.
  12. I was bullish when I bought it then Trump got elected and I sold a lot of calls. Now I am more bullish again.
  13. Congratulations to the founders of TD and Brock. You have created something special here. It might be interesting to hear what you expected at the outset and how things are different from what you imagined.
  14. It was an easy gain and I grabbed some of it. I wish that I had grabbed more. As for ethics, you can always give part of your profits to freed starving children.
  15. I am in HP, but expect to be taken out soon due to a call option that I wrote. I like the stock.
  16. I am got into Disney at $109 then sold a July call at $115 for $2.70. I am also overweight oil. My sense is that things may go badly in the Middle East and this could reduce supply. Also, some of these stocks pay good dividends. How do people here feel about oil stocks?
  17. Thanks, Brock. I like the fact that the call market seems bullish -- July calls at $115 were trading for $2.70 per share today. And if the stock does not hit $115 by then but stays around $110 then I can rinse and repeat.
  18. Any thoughts on buying Disney around $109 per share?
  19. Gamez seems very intelligent and has good attitude. I hope that he is successful.
  20. Moderator note - Nick is correct. If you don't like these threads then please ignore them. That is what I have been doing.
  21. Welcome to Twins Daily.
  22. I am wondering whether a lot of people are waiting to realize gains in January based on the expectation that tax rates will be lower in 2017.
  23. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. So very sad and tragic. I am wondering if somehow we could extend our condolences to the family, perhaps by going through the Twins. I would like to send flowers.
  24. I think that we are all fortunate to have TD as part of our lives and I am grateful to the owners, the members and my fellow moderators for providing a place that is interesting and fun.
×
×
  • Create New...