Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

clone52

Verified Member
  • Posts

    615
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by clone52

  1. Yup, probably the only trade they will make all season.
  2. What would you this precludes bigger moves? Not saying the twins will make them, but the better relievers won't be coming off the board for a couple more weeks. Hopefully with player development and another RP trade, he could be a solid guy at the back of the bullpen. Seems like he has good swing and miss stuff and maybe they think a pitch mix change can do more.
  3. A potential contending Twins team with the worst bullpen in baseball is not most teams. Losing a Top 35 organizational prospect who has yet to face many players above his age for a low leverage reliever is fine.
  4. Nance has a lot more success in low leverage situations than most of of the journeymen we have signed, though.
  5. Not saying he is a sure thing, but Sprock has what, maybe a 15% chance of reaching the majors. If fans are worried about losing prospects like that, I don't know what to say.
  6. Sell high on Larnach. Likely he will revert to the mean in the 2nd half.
  7. Seriously? An 8th round pick crushing a league he is pretty old for and not a top 30 organizational prospect for a relief pitcher who is instantly #3 in the bullpen?
  8. 8th round 21 year old crushing in Low A for a relief pitcher with decent history and international bonus pool money? Seems like a great trade.
  9. Was going to question you but after a little reasearch, you are right. I was thinking maybe he's get a 3/45 offer, but it seems like he wouldn't get that high. Yeah, looking at C contracts, he's probably a 12M AAV at best, 9M AAV at worst. 5/$60 is likely his offer and eh would absolutely take that over a QO, considering the injury risk for a Catcher. If he'd take 5/$50 to stay, I'd do it.
  10. Jeffers + more for one of those Top 6 if you like them enough. Trading Jeffers doesn't mean it has to be only Jeffers.
  11. Agree with dangling Rodriguez. Detmers or Soriano will take more than him but it'd be a good start. No guarentee Prielepp or Paredes is a good reliver, but its worth a shot.
  12. A perfect win-win trade. Even if Jax becomes an Ace, still aperfect trade. Twins may have never given him the chance to start and the relationship was so frayed that he likely could have failed if he had been given the chance.
  13. Fair, only tossed him out there thinking it was kind of a depth piece. If you could pair Emmanuel Rodriguez, Gabriel Gonzalez, Mendez, Winokur with Jeffers for the right SP prospect, I'd be fine with that too.
  14. Cool, I like this news. Go the Rays route. Move Jeffers if you can get a good deal that helps now and you don't know you can sign him. Move Larnach if you get a decent deal that helps now. I think he regresses big time. I'd keep Bell just for the power punch. Use depth to add where applicable. Any of these guys on their own are not untouchable if it brings back something that helps now. Martin, Clemens, Keaschall, any minor leaguer not named Jenkins, Culpepper or Tait. Trading 1 major leaguer and a couple of Top 15 minor leaguers is not going to destroy chances this year or in the future.
  15. I could see packaging Jeffers with Marek Houston for a higher end SP prospect. Houston alone wouldn't be a 1 for 1 swap for a guy like Hess or Lagrange, but Jeffers + Houston might.
  16. Chapman isn't a 2 month rental. Has a 2027 vesting option for $13M if he hits 40 innings. If I thought a World Series title was possible this year or next year wasn't so weird, maybe, but now, only if it was a lottery pick or less. Doubt Gray waives it and I wouldn't do it if he did.
  17. Saying he will need to earn every appearance in a competitive bullpen makes sense, but I'd probably rank him #3 in terms of my own personal confidence. Saying the Twins have a competitive bullpen did make me chuckle.
  18. I think the Yankees and Rays are the 2 possible destination for Jeffers. If they go full rebuilding, getting AA prospects is okay. Otherwise I think you package Jeffers with a prospect or 2 to try and get something a little better in return. I think I'd prefer they sign and keep him though.
  19. Agree with you about Jeffers whole heartedly. Disagree about corner OF. Martin won't bring much at all and Larnach will turn into a pumpkin most likely. Sell him if you can get someone to overpay. Keaschall, Martin, Jenkins, Clemens could all possibly fill those corner outfield spots better than Larnach if he does regress. Agree on Wallner. Not sure when he is a free agent, but might be willing to give him another shot if they deal Larnach. If someone makes a good offer though, I'd definitely trade him.
  20. This seems like a classic situation of overvaluing Twins players and undervaluing other teams players. If they can get more for Ryan, they will. It was a proposal I saw on a site and it isn't way out there. Salas is still a Top 50 prospect and should be ready next year. Mayfield seems like a really nice prospect. In my proposal, we wouldn't be targeting near term replacements for Ryan. I don't know WAldschmit but saw he was ranked highly. MLB.com has him as 28 overall. Higher than Emmanuel Rodriguez. No one is getting him for 1/2 a season of Larnach. Additionally, Jeffers is not getting a great pitching prospect like Hopkins plus a solid MLB reliever. I don't think adding Armstrong is going to make that happen. Jeffers and Armstrong for Hopkins might work, but probably not. I mean, would you trade Prielipp or Morris or Abel for 1/2 season of Jeffers and Armstrong? I sure hope not.
  21. Not really. Has he had the opportunity yet to go big or go home? The only way he doesn't live up to that comment is if the team does nothing, or next to nothing at the trade deadline. Really the only trigger is either not getting any relief pitcher help or not trading Jeffers (and not signing him in the offseason). Could say the same thing about Larnach. Almost any other move has arguments either way.
  22. Makes sense. I also wouldn't hate if "going big" meant extending Ryan.
  23. Don't hate it. Don't sell Buxton and don't sell low on Lewis. If they knew they could sign Jeffers, trading Caratini is fine. I think they could do this and still contend this year (due to the suckage of the AL).
  24. Lets have some fun trade ideas. Joe Ryan to the Padres for Ethan Salas, Kash Mayfield, Jhoan De La Cruz First example I saw on a site, not my idea. Some of the shine has coome off of Salas but still great C prospect who would get called up right away. Mayfeild is a really good LHP prospect. De La Cruz is 18 in rookie ball. Ryan Jeffers and Marek Houston to the Rays for Kevin Kelly and Brody Hopkins I'd reach out to the Rays and Yankees for Jeffers and find the best offer. Would be willing to add a prospect in order to get a better return. Trevor Larnach and Gabriel Gonzalez to the Diamondbacks for Ryan Waldschmidt D-backs need lefties (maybe Wallner?). Larnach and Gonzalez probably isn't enough to get a Top 50 prospect, but could start the discussion. Wallner, Mendez, Soto to Angel for Reid Detmers. Find a couple of relief pitchers. Lose: Ryan, Jeffers, Larnach, Wallner, Gonzalez, Houston, Mendez, Soto, 2 or 3 more Top 20 prospects Return: Detmers, Kelly, Salas, Waldschmidt, Mayfield, De La Cruz, Hopkins
×
×
  • Create New...