• Create Account

Game Thread Royals @ Twins 6/15/19 6:10 PM CDT

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone and welcome to the game thread for the Royals vs. Twins on Joe Mauer Day. The weekend is all Joe Mauer all the time and his elevation to the Twins' Hall of Fame along with the retiremen

You guys, stop verbing nouns.

Now Harper got Angeled.

Posted Images

It's just a thing. Do you have any "things"? It is even more of a thing and the most fun, when you can say it on the first batter. Be down if you like. That must be your thing.

Nah. Being down is not my thing. Didn't intend that. Just trying to have fun.  :)

There goes the no-hitter.

And the shutout.

Have any of the other Downers mentioned that Odorizzi entered this game with a sabremetric safe dangling over his head?

ERA... 1.92

xFIP... 4.22

Edited by LaBombo

I hate umpires still calling balls and strikes. Hate, hate, hate it. The pitch before the called third to Palanco could have been called a strike...... maybe it touched the zone, but the one he did call a strike was ridiculous. Not even a shade of consistency.

Edited by h2oface

Yeah, and a WHIP of .967

Work with me here. My predictions are always wrong, so preemptively pointing out Odo's unsustainable ERA/xFIP differential will help ensure that he sustains his ERA/xFIP differential.

And if not... well, I tried.

Man, Dickbert are savaging Angel Hernandez.

Rightly so, don't misunderstand, but when it gets to the point where long-time "company men" in the booth are talking about how terrible you are at your job, you may in fact be terrible at your job. The MLB needs a mechanism to fire umpires.

Send him to AAA for rehab.

Work with me here. My predictions are always wrong, so preemptively pointing out Odo's unsustainable ERA/xFIP differential will help ensure that he sustains his ERA/xFIP differential.

Okay, would this be an anti-jjnx? Jinx deflection test? Straight up jinx? 

I need a scorecard to keep up...

Have you considered becoming a politician? If it works, you take credit, and if it doesn't, you blame your opponents.