DarrenPS
Verified Member-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by DarrenPS
-
Is It Time to Sound the Panic Alarm On Bailey Ober?
DarrenPS replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I've been a Bailey fan since he debuted, my buddies all told me I was crazy at the time but I was right for awhile. it pains me to say he just might be cooked. Going to continue to hope he can just average 90 (clearly 91-92 is ideal) but at this point it's looking bleak Positive vibes... -
3 Twins Pitching Prospect Predictions for 2026
DarrenPS replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I'm a fan of all three guys mentioned, and Soto of course if he can stay healthy. So much with young arms comes down to health, so just have to hope for the best there. I've been seeing a lot of Twins fans giving up on Prielipp which is sad. Are his number mind blowing? No of course not, he hasn't even pitched 100 innings yet. People also forget how injury ridden Crochet was before becoming a star. Happy endings do happen and Prielipp has the upside to really blossom, and I would keep him a started as long as possible. Dasan should already be top 100 in my opinion & I can't wait to see the 4 draftees (Quick, Ellwanger, Barr & Slenderman Reitz) pitch this year- 9 replies
-
- riley quick
- connor prielipp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
3 Twins Position-Player Prospect Predictions for 2026
DarrenPS replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I wasn't a huge fan of the Marek pick at the draft, but mostly because I was hoping one of the HS SS's would fall (Pierce, Fien, Steele Hall) or Witherspoon would still be there (taken 1 pick before us), but now that I have seen the defensive highlights I am a fan. If he can be a solid contact guy, with that defense he will make the majors. I am okay with taking a contact first guy and hoping power develops when you're also taking risks on high upside HS prospects like Winokur & Quentin Young. Gotta also hit on one of those risky picks though for it to be worth it...- 13 replies
-
- justin lebron
- marek houston
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Truly feels like a 50/50 chance that could go either way as in my opinion there is no chance you start a season with 4 leftie relivers. I tend to lean towards start Funderburk down in AAA and he will be up when one of the two older lefties gets hurt, but Chafin's velo is a real concern. Curious to see what they do (even if others will joke and say it doesn't matter). I see the bullpen as: Banda, Orze, Rodgers, Sands, Topa, Hendriks, Chafin, and then one of Altavilla or Kent, personally leaning towards Altavilla
-
Twins Spring Battle: Zebby Matthews vs. Mick Abel
DarrenPS replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Not really mentioned here is the sharp decline in Zebby's stuff so far this spring. I'm hoping he is just ramping up but his velo is down on all pitches, and his Stuff is grading poorly on all of those twitter pages. Right now Mick has my vote -
Joe Ryan Will (Wisely) Not Pitch for Team USA
DarrenPS replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
Agreed, and with Pablo hurting his elbow they should lock him up too. It give him financial security and will be cheaper cause of the injury. Just a thought -
I am bias, but I believe they'll be top 5 by the end of the season again. They have 15+ guys who could be top 100. Depends on who graduates but the farm is looking great
- 8 replies
-
- walker jenkins
- connor prielipp
- (and 6 more)
-
Inside the Twins Pitching Pipeline, Part 2
DarrenPS replied to Cory Moen's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
Miguelangel Boadas pitched in 4 AFL games as well as started the final, FYI. His numbers haven’t been great in previous seasons but honestly he seemed dominant in the AFL, think that put him back on the prospect radar- 11 replies
-
- ty langenberg
- dasan hill
- (and 8 more)
-
Twins Daily 2026 Top Prospects: #16-20
DarrenPS replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I am stoked for Ellwanger, I have him at 18 personally and that's crazy to do for someone who hasn't pitched in the minors yet. I personally would raise Diaw higher to around 15, he has shown so much potential and just had a fluke injury. Culpepper shouldn't be top 20 until he proves he can pitch more innings... best ability is availabilty I dropped DeBarge in my list but still am a huge fan, he did so much damage at the start and didn't a homerun for 2 months at one point, next season will shows what he can and can't do but at the moment in my eyes isn't top 20 Mendez for me is 13 which is probably higher than most, really hoping that hand injury the other day was nothing. Bat to ball skills like Gabby Gonzalez and still young. Could he develop into a cross of Larnach & Wallner? Better contact than Wallner, more consistent power than Larnach? I'm bullish Quick edit, I understand his AFL performance was as bad as it gets, but if you compare DeBarge and Amick stats I think it is near impossible to currently have DeBarge over him...- 16 replies
-
- hendry mendez
- kyle debarge
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Minnesota Twins 2026 Position Analysis: Catcher
DarrenPS replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Let me be extremely clear, Jeffers should be extended. But ~if~ the plan is 100% we cannot afford to extend him, he should be traded tomorrow, not at the deadline- 18 replies
-
- ryan jeffers
- victor caratini
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I really think it's as simple as "if the arms step up (like I think they will), we have great depth to handle this. If they don't, well then the team is worse than most people already think they are". I personally am bullish on the young arm talent. Taj, Zebby & Abel all will be MLB regulars soon enough!
- 12 replies
-
- joe ryan
- bailey ober
- (and 8 more)
-
It was already said multiple times but there's no chance they keep 4 lefties to start the season. Kody imo starts in St Paul. I also would expect more of a closer by committee than expecting Rodgers to get handed the ball every time. Sands & him should split while riding the hot hand I am once against asking for a Michael Kopech signing
- 24 replies
-
- taylor rogers
- cole sands
- (and 7 more)
-
I understand why people want to move Prielipp to the bullpen, they just want some kind of value in general, but can I remind you of an early career often injured lefty named Garrett Crochet? Sometimes sticking with them really works out. Keep him a starter as long as possible imo That being said, I would also support moving him to the pen this season and still giving him a future starter opportunity, which is also what Crochet did
-
It's a fun list of young players which makes it all the more frustrating that there is such a long log jam of LH OF on the 40 man right now. Erod & Gabby Gonzalez are already on the 40 man but clearly are a fun part of the pipeline. FYI Ariel Castro was released on July 29th of last year, a bad International Signee unfortunately as he never made it out of the FCL
- 13 replies
-
- walker jenkins
- kalai rosario
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Pitching Prospect Cory Lewis Shut Down As Twins Open Camp
DarrenPS replied to Cody Christie's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
Pretty sure Cory Lewis shoulder issue was 2024, not 2025. Regardless, hope it doesn't turn into something more serious. The walks last year are downright unbelievable but doesn't mean he should be given up on quite yet! -
Simeon Woods Richardson Deserves A Rotation Spot
DarrenPS replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Yes SWR is a lock as the 4th starter if no one gets traded between now and March. I would like to see Taj at 5, Festa moved to the pen and everyone else stored at AAA. I know people will get upset with wasting Zebby's arm at AAA but he will be next man up when someone inevitably goes down. He deserves 1 more year long chance as a starter as well I will say 5 will go to whoever performs best out of Zebby and Taj in spring training, though, after Taj returns from the WBC- 29 replies
-
- simeon woods richardson
- zebby matthews
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
ZiPS Loves Kaelen Culpepper, and You Can, Too
DarrenPS replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I am extremely hyped for KC and believe he will be a Twin for a long time. If he figures out the groundballs, the sky is the limit. Figuring out the chasing off speed would just be an added bonus. Not sure where he plays but he should be in the lineup 2027 (if there's a season) daily That being said, I know a lot of people are going to hate this but Brooks Lee is my comeback player of the year prediction for the Twins. I hope his bat takes off to what it was always projected to be, and I think while he is slow he is more serviceable at SS than he is given credit for. It comes natural to him even if the speed & agility does not- 31 replies
-
- kaelen culpepper
- brooks lee
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

