Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. Yeah, there's two ways an ownership group can react to sagging attendance 1. Increase payroll in the hopes that it generates enough revenue to make up for the increased spending to maintain their profits 2. Cut spending even further and collect more revenue sharing to guarantee their profits Which option would any of us expect the Pohlads to take?
  2. I mean ... how's that grit working for the young lineup now? When he was helping the team, it was because he was mashing the ball, not because Keaschall and Lee saw him get his uniform dirty
  3. I believe the decision to retain or move on from Rocco has, or at least should be, already made. They are in full-on experimentation mode with the major league roster. The results in that two month stretch of time shouldn't outweigh the rest of his body of work. Short of an active mutiny on the roster, I don't think the results of a team that has thrown in the towel on winning games should move the needle. Having said that, I think we're all in agreement of what that decision should be. I think we're all also afraid of what that decision will be. I suppose one caveat would be if they want to give Tingler a run at an interim role to see if they'd want to promote from within. But that might be worse than retaining Rocco
  4. I'm not sure by what measure they're hitting better than last year. They're slashing .237/.310/.394/.704 this year vs .246/.315/.411/.726 last year - worse across the board. They're striking out slightly more this year (though not nearly as much as in 2023, which also happened to be their best offensive season since the Bomba Squad). Their runs per game has certainly taken a nosedive from 4.58 to 4.13 [4.18 at the deadline, so you can't say it was better relative to last year before then]. And since Popkins is having immediate success somewhere else, then he probably wasn't - or shouldn't have been - the one to blame
  5. I have some theories about who Joe Pohlad's burner account might be around here
  6. I'll meet you halfway - I'd take it over butter pecan
  7. Cover the rest of the shirt in butter pecan so it matches
  8. Nuh uh! I had it this weekend at that overrated seafood joint next to Minnehaha Falls! I was like "WTF?" when my wife got it for me - but it was yummy
  9. Enough about the goddamn spreadsheets already!
  10. Rocky road, cookies n cream, chocolate, salted caramel, strawberry I say nay
  11. You're gonna have to show your work on how the offense would be better with Vasquez instead of fill-in-the-blank DH in the lineup
  12. Graceful Matt Wallner is having himself a game that won't matter
  13. No wonder this Twins team is so screwed up - they got their Genesis after their exodus
  14. Jeffers actually caught 6 of the first 11 Ryan starts (if you count his "start" in the resumption of the suspended game against Cleveland), but Vasquez caught the rest of the first half starts starting in June. Ended up catching 13 of his 19 first half starts
  15. Just flipped it on, any fun interactions with our old friends?
  16. Apparently Bradley has reverse splits in that he's much better the third time through the order. 6 up, 6 down
  17. You think Roden gets DFA'd before him? That's who he's getting compared to here
  18. Out Man. At least he'll get DFA'd sooner
  19. And he used up all his constructive critiques in the first two innings
  20. It's no big deal - t shirts are easily replaced on the fly
×
×
  • Create New...