Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Danchat

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,314
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Danchat

  1. Ah, reminds me of when I dropped Glen Perkins 2 weeks into 2015. That turned out be a pretty terrible decision... until the All-Star break, of course.
  2. I know Escobar is healthy, he started yesterday at 3B. I would guess the Twins rotate Escobar & Polanco at SS.
  3. OK, I thought I saw that he wasn't on their roster, but you have to be right. So the Twins remain with 3 open spots on the 40 man roster.
  4. What makes you say that? He's only started 7 games in AAA in his career. If the Twins don't think Berrios is ready, then they definitely don't think Mejia is ready. Also, does anyone know if Mejia will be on the 40 man roster?
  5. Hmmm... yes, I like this trade. The Twins acquired a decently-talented starting pitcher in Mejia who I would estimate is a year away from making the rotation. Good stuff. I'm going to miss Nunez, with his helmet-flying off and insane 2016, but this is for the greater good. Escobar and Polanco can rotate at SS and figure out what the future for that position will be. Man, they cleared a logjam and got a decent prospect. I like it!! I'm still expecting a reliever to be traded, but this is a great start.
  6. The one time Buxton doesn't strikeout, he grounds into a double play.... a strikeout would have been better.
  7. Really? 3 today? Wow, maybe we'll see him up here a little sooner than September 1st, which is when I expected him to come back up.
  8. Interesting... I always take a cautious approach to defensive metrics, as some can differ greatly from others. I know Dozier isn't the greatest, but I don't recall him being so terrible. I'd like to see some evidence of that. Also, I find it odd that Escobar is the 5th best defensive SS in the league with all of his errors. I remain very skeptical of these...
  9. Pedroia had 5 hits?! Dang it, I shouldn't have left him on the bench in fantasy baseball...
  10. I can't believe I forgot the Grouch himself!
  11. http://i63.tinypic.com/2qs6ivd.jpg Don't forget about him!
  12. Wait, I read the tweet wrong. Forget I said anything.
  13. Well, I'm just as shocked as everyone else is. It's very odd timing, but according to Wolfson's tweet (that was posted a couple pages back on this thread), it seems that there was a rift in philosophy about what to do at the August 1 trade deadline. What does this mean for the next few weeks? Will the Twins stay put and make few/no moves, or was TR trying to hold onto veterans that the Twins need to shed? That's what I want to know. My fingers are crossed, hoping Antony doesn't get fleeced in a trade. Anyways, for the long run, this is the right move all the way. The Pohlads finally realized that the total system failure included the GM.
  14. Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side are my favorite two comics. This is coming from a guy who wasn't alive during their runs as a newspaper comic.
  15. Berrios and Chargois need to be up and playing immediately. There is plenty of room for them, just DFA Ramirez and Milone. Polanco needs to play now, but the Twins will have to make a move first. Getting these three playing time should be of utmost importance to this team.
  16. It was hard not to pummel guys like Kyle Lohse and Chi-Chi Gonzalez (twice). But as I said in one of the first game threads of the year, "this offense is going to be susceptible to some very high highs and some very low lows". This is the Twins offense on a high part of the coaster - now when the coaster drops and the offense levels off, can the starting pitching hold up?
  17. Hmmmm... perhaps a playoff run in 2017 is possible... these guys look promising.
  18. You mean those little blue and pink things that you put in the car? Wait, were you talking about the board game?
  19. Rosario was called up in Jepsen's spot. The Twins are back to a 7 man bullpen.
  20. And even with their failure at bunting, Molly continues to call bunt attempts, even in spots where they shouldn't be. Suzuki should not be bunting, especially after he failed to lay one down earlier.
  21. This is exactly what I just said a few minutes ago. I just can't wrap my head around Molly's decisions.
  22. Wow, we've gotten back-to-back gems from Duffey and Gibson. If these guys could be more consistent, our rotation wouldn't be so terrible.
  23. Gibson's getting some nice swings and misses. Is he getting back to being his old self?
×
×
  • Create New...