Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Azviking101

Verified Member
  • Posts

    876
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Azviking101

  1. It was literally his first time hustling all year. If your body can’t handle simply running around bases as a 24 year old, there’s nothing that can be done for him
  2. Cause Lewis just took his last swing until June at the earliest
  3. And that’s if it’s simply a strain
  4. muscle strain in the quadriceps may cause pain, muscle weakness, and swelling and bruising around the area. Mild and moderate quadriceps strains typically heal within a couple of months
  5. Petition to allow the twins to use scooters for running the bases.
  6. Certainly not an ankle injury
  7. Can only laugh to keep from crying. Why are we forced to live in such misery
  8. Byron…I know you love swinging at that first pitch but come on this isn’t a video game.
  9. Stick with that fastball for now until that sweeper has some control
  10. Thanks for drilling into this. Makes me feel a lot better. I don’t love having a worse OF defense just to keep Castro’s flexibility alive, but it’s not that Castro is bad out there
  11. I wish I knew how to drill further into these splits to find his numbers as a starter with the royals, but only 24 of his 95 innings last year came with Texas.
  12. Ragans splits I referenced Ragans vs RH last year: .187/.271/.285. 30.4% K-rate Ragans vs LH last year: .253/.344/.367, 23.7% K-rate
  13. I hope twins brass knows what they’re doing. What an odd lineup. Castro playing the field over Margot? Ragans had extreme reverse splits last year. Metrics run organization should know that. They love the metrics until it doesn’t fit the narrative they push
  14. I think the Pohlad’s have made it clear that this is the payroll they’re starting the season at. I could see them adding via trade at the deadline if needed but Joe’s showing that his wallet is tighter than his dad’s was. I don’t see them adding anyone that’s not a league minimum waiver claim.
  15. Since the year 2000, 3 teams have won a WS with a bottom half of the league payroll with only one of those teams being lower than 18 (Marlins) twins have had a top half of the league payroll 2 of those years and I bet we all can guess what those years were. Joe’s comments suggest the Twins desire to be in the bottom third of the league in payroll. This is a spot that is almost impossible to win a World Series. winning a title has never been a goal and we shouldn’t ever expect one with the Pohlad’s in charge.
  16. I really hope they can convince him to stick in the pen starting next year. Twins options with him are elite reliever or number 5 starter.
  17. Firing the hitting coaches is a must. 6 hits in 2 games, lol I know there’s some first base sluggers available in free agency. I thought I’d feel better about the twins playoff effort, but when all 3 other road teams are about to move on to the championship series, it just makes me wonder if anything will ever change. Reminds me far too much of the Wild series last year.
  18. For Kiriloff, It’s the same shoulder that’s been bugging him for months. Rocco said he got to the point where he couldn’t even swing a bat. With Solano healthy, what that actually means, I do not know.
  19. They swing like David Spade and Jon Heder from the benchwarmers when there are runners on base
  20. Who do we think falls off the roster with Ober being added? My initial thought was that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Stevenson seeing as how Houston will likely only have one lefty, Valdez pitching and he actually has worse splits (by a hair) against lefties. I feel like there is going to be a lot less pinch hitting in this series and the young lefties should stay in the game until defensive replacement at the end. I was thinking Funderburk has some value as another lefty since Houston’s best two hitters (Alvarez and Tucker) are lefties. However, Alvarez crushes both sides and there’s no situation where I want Funderburk facing him and Tucker actually has better splits against lefties (crushes them actually) Even though I doubt he will be used with Castro on the bench I think Stevenson is safe, unless they feel like Buxton could be playable. I haven’t heard anything about him practicing so I highly doubt it. My guess is Funderburk misses the roster.
  21. Mariners have probably the best rotation of the teams MN could face in the first round but not a ton else and outside of the rear they went on in August, they’ve been a disappointment. I feel like they’re going to be the team on the outside looking in, however.
  22. Great article and I’m glad you mentioned Arraez. People screamed for years that he should be in the lineup and I called him borderline unplayable vs lefties. The stats backed it up. He was awful against lefties. His first year away from MN, he’s hitting .328 with a very manageable .744 OPS he struggled to get a .600 ops in some of his twins seasons. So my question is, is this a Twins development issue? Wallner looks bad, Larnach looked bad, even Kiriloff who has all the tools to hit lefties can’t seem to do it. Hell, even our righties haven’t hit lefties the last few years.
  23. I literally mentioned multiple times here and twitter that Cleveland winning the series would give them the confidence to go out and claim everyone and look what happened. multiple twins daily writers said that Cleveland would never spend the money
  24. Oh great Stewart to the 60. Great job not bringing in relief help. Glad to know that the twins can’t evaluate injuries at all
×
×
  • Create New...