Jump to content
Sorry for the server instability, we're seeing some growing pains while migrating to a new platform. We will resolve this as soon as possible, thank you for your patience. ×
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Guardians @ Twins, 9/9/22, 7:10pm CDT


bighat
 Share

The Twins have had a miraculous season in one sense. They are still within reach of a playoff spot but really playing like a AAA team. Many of the players are gifted their spots in the lineup because of injuries or lack of faith that a player from AA or AAA would do better. Cave hustles and works his butt off but the talent is just not there. I'm watching and while we know things could possibly turn, it looks dark right now. The launch angle swing, the complete abandonment of running, bunting, and failure to pick up a base on outs means the Twins are planning to win on extra base hits only. I would have bunted Cave down 4 in the second inning, but this is not possible apparently. So, where are all these home runs going to come from with this team in 2022? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tony&rodney said:

The Twins have had a miraculous season in one sense. They are still within reach of a playoff spot but really playing like a AAA team. Many of the players are gifted their spots in the lineup because of injuries or lack of faith that a player from AA or AAA would do better. Cave hustles and works his butt off but the talent is just not there. I'm watching and while we know things could possibly turn, it looks dark right now. The launch angle swing, the complete abandonment of running, bunting, and failure to pick up a base on outs means the Twins are planning to win on extra base hits only. I would have bunted Cave down 4 in the second inning, but this is not possible apparently. So, where are all these home runs going to come from with this team in 2022? 

Very well put!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DKrz56 said:

It is so infuriating that pitchers on a roll with low pitch counts get pulled and Bundy is allowed to keep rolling currently giving up 11 hits in 4.1 innings particularly with an extra pitcher in our pen right now. 

Apparently Rocco draws the line at 12 hits in 4.2 innings....or maybe it was the pitch count?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DKrz56 said:

It is so infuriating that pitchers on a roll with low pitch counts get pulled and Bundy is allowed to keep rolling currently giving up 11 hits in 4.1 innings particularly with an extra pitcher in our pen right now. 

This is the case almost every single game. It literally does not matter what is happening on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DKrz56 said:

It is so infuriating that pitchers on a roll with low pitch counts get pulled and Bundy is allowed to keep rolling currently giving up 11 hits in 4.1 innings particularly with an extra pitcher in our pen right now. 

It sure is and now that the game is a total blowout with two outs, Bundy is pulled with Hedges coming up. Weird all around. The wins and losses are not what get me down. It is the lack of fundamentals. These seemed better than 2021 (although still not good) earlier this year, but the team has hit a very rough patch here. I would think that calling up Helman or Wallner or Julien might help in some fashion, although it doesn't seem like any of those three are ready. I'm at a loss how a team can look so exhausted and defeated when they are still within reach of the team they are playing. I feel the players are doing what they can but the direction, the plan, or something/whatever is totally off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tony&rodney said:

 I'm at a loss how a team can look so exhausted and defeated when they are still within reach of the team they are playing. I feel the players are doing what they can but the direction, the plan, or something/whatever is totally off.

Exhausted and defeated — and this was with the days off and load management stuff built in to specifically prevent it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...