Jump to content
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD 6/24/2021: Twins vs. Cleveland


Luis Arraez LF

Josh Donaldson 3B

Trevor Larnach RF

Nelson Cruz DH

Max Kepler CF

Jorge Polanco 2B

Alex Kirilloff 1B

Ben Rortvedt C

Andrelton Simmons SS

SP: Jose Berrios

 

Cesar Hernandez 2B

Amed Rosario SS

Jose Ramirez 3B

Eddie Rosario LF

Bobby Bradley DH

Harold Ramirez RF

Josh Naylor 1B

Bradley Zimmer CF

Austin Hedges C

SP: J.C. Mejia

 

While the Twins have had their fair share of injuries and disappointing performances, it will be interesting to find out how the Indians can now react to their fair share of adversity. Out of Cleveland's Opening Day rotation, nobody is left. Currently, JC Mejia, Cal Quantrill, Sam Hentges, and Eli Morgan make up the current roster..... I don't know who any of those guys are. It would suck if the injury woes derail the season, as the Indians were seemingly on their way to the playoffs.

Work has been slowly taking more and more of my days, so I have had less time to watch the team. What may I have missed over the past few weeks? (Wrong answers only}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Diesel changed the title to GAME THREAD 6/24/2021: Twins vs. Indians

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

 

Work has been slowly taking more and more of my days, so I have had less time to watch the team. 

Same here ... which, for me, is a good thing. Being in the performing arts, this last year sucked ... it's such a joy to be able to be at work again for more than 1 or 2 days/weeks with live performances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Same here ... which, for me, is a good thing. Being in the performing arts, this last year sucked ... it's such a joy to be able to be at work again for more than 1 or 2 days/weeks with live performances

Squirrel, what do you do in the performing arts?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

I am greedier than you...

I want to split the series, with the guarantee we will win all remaining games with the players from Cleveland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit surprised that Sanó is riding the pine today. Not that I disagree. I actually was hoping not to see Arraez in the outfield, but as long as Kirilloff and Larnach are in the lineup I’m okay with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard francona will miss the start of tonight's game.  He ordered all you can eat shrimp from room service at lunch, and he says he's got a long ways to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

A bit surprised that Sanó is riding the pine today. Not that I disagree. I actually was hoping not to see Arraez in the outfield, but as long as Kirilloff and Larnach are in the lineup I’m okay with that. 

Baldelli's new theory.  According to his analytics, Sano is good for possibly one at bat per 4 at bats per game.  Baldelli feels not starting Sano will eliminate the horrific at bats and the POSSIBLE one good at bat will come at towards the end of the game.  Hopefully an at bat that results in Sano hitting the long ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Baldelli's new theory.  According to his analytics, Sano is good for possibly one at bat per 4 at bats per game.  Baldelli feels not starting Sano will eliminate the horrific at bats and the POSSIBLE one good at bat will come at towards the end of the game.  Hopefully an at bat that results in Sano hitting the long ball.

Pretty sure that would work  out to be one good AB per four games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Luis Arraez LF

Josh Donaldson 3B

Trevor Larnach RF

Nelson Cruz DH

Max Kepler CF

Jorge Polanco 2B

Alex Kirilloff 1B

Ben Rortvedt C

Andrelton Simmons SS

SP: Jose Berrios

 

Cesar Hernandez 2B

Amed Rosario SS

Jose Ramirez 3B

Eddie Rosario LF

Bobby Bradley DH

Harold Ramirez RF

Josh Naylor 1B

Bradley Zimmer CF

Austin Hedges C

SP: J.C. Mejia

 

While the Twins have had their fair share of injuries and disappointing performances, it will be interesting to find out how the Indians can now react to their fair share of adversity. Out of Cleveland's Opening Day rotation, nobody is left. Currently, JC Mejia, Cal Quantrill, Sam Hentges, and Eli Morgan make up the current roster..... I don't know who any of those guys are. It would suck if the injury woes derail the season, as the Indians were seemingly on their way to the playoffs.

Work has been slowly taking more and more of my days, so I have had less time to watch the team. What may I have missed over the past few weeks? (Wrong answers only}

4 game winning streak is the wrong answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Squirrel changed the title to GAME THREAD 6/24/2021: Twins vs. Cleveland
3 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Manfred is so embarrassed by the Twins, that he has instructed the umpires to ignore a foreign substance they may find on Twins' pitchers.

All this emphasis makes me wanna watch "it happens every spring"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bremer is now pasting on his toupee and putting in his dentures.

Perkins, go over the alphabet.  He's having trouble with vowels.

Sorry, Morneau pinch talking for Perk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Twins Daily Video

  • ×
    ×
    • Create New...