• Create Account

Game Thread Twins at Royals 3:10pm cdt 6/5/2021 ad

I just wanted to get everyone in the proper frame of mind for the game:

"Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children"

-Jules Winnfield

Twins with character
0. Jose Berrios (R) P
1. Kyle Garlick (R) RF
2. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
3. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
4. Nelson Cruz (R) DH
5. Alex Kirilloff (L) LF
6. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
7. Ryan Jeffers (R) C
8. A. Simmons (R) SS
9. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF

Le Royals with cheese
0. Mike Minor (L) P
1. W. Merrifield (R) 2B
2. Carlos Santana (S) 1B
3. A. Benintendi (L) LF
4. Salvador Perez (R) C
5. Hunter Dozier (R) RF
6. K. Gutierrez (R) 3B
7. Jorge Soler (R) DH
8. M. Taylor (R) CF
9. Nicky Lopez (L) SS

So you go 3 for 4 with a homer, and you get to sit the next day.

"Take that Nick Gordon. That's just they way I roll. It doesn't matter who's hot, I have my spreadsheets. I don't care that your family is in town to see you, or that this team is in the tank. I can't control that. I have my spreadsheets. " - Baldelli 

25 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:
I just wanted to get everyone in the proper frame of mind for the game:

"Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children"

-Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield was a “hit” man too — I wonder if that includes with runners in scoring position?

I haven't watched the Twins for a couple of weeks. Should I watch this one? Alternative is the second half of a meaningless friendly match between Sweden and Armenia, whose quality makes MLS look decent. Hmmm. Maybe I'll watch Berrios for an inning or two on my second monitor.

44 minutes ago, h2oface said:

So you go 3 for 4 with a homer, and you get to sit the next day.

"Take that Nick Gordon. That's just they way I roll. It doesn't matter who's hot, I have my spreadsheets. I don't care that your family is in town to see you, or that this team is in the tank. I can't control that. I have my spreadsheets. " - Baldelli 

Baldelli - " There's only so much I can control.  You'd think I was making out the lineup.  He needs to follow my foolproof, rest and recuperate program.  It's not all about winning."

4 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

Who went 3-4 with a homer and is sitting the next game? Gordon got two singles yesterday IIRC. Does two hits, no matter how they were hit, guarantee a start the next day in your view?

Am I missing something?  Did  Gordon not go 3-4 yesterday, and is sitting on the bench at the start f today's game?

Playing Simmons over Gordon today is just another reason why nothing has made sense this season. I wonder what other surprises the team has in store for us today.

As for Sano's huge slump breaking HR....yeah, in football parlance it was hit in 'garbage time'...it was completely meaningless to the game, but maybe it let Sano think that he can still make contact once in awhile. If so, fine. But as the song goes, 'that don't impress me much'.

Posted (edited)

Jax has apparently been called up.

Said to be inling relief today, but Pineda is being scratched tomorrow, so if Berrios gets it to the normal bullpen, we may see his debut tomorrow?

Silver linings!

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne
bad spelling typo hurricane tornado out of gas it's not my fault!

Dolaldson didn't get an error on that gaff. Just another example of charity worker scorers. So the Berrios gets the fallout. Earned runs, but you aren't fooling me. 

If he didn't just drop the ball and made the throw and the runner was safe, I could understand it. But he just made an error transfering the ball to his hand. Pure and simple. He dropped it. Error. 

It didn't help that Berrios missed the bag with his foot either on the other play. The two runners that scored were basically on errors, and both become earned runs. This is Twins baseball, folks.

Celestino calling off Simmons who is camped right under the ball. I guess the rookie is not a quick learner. 

Sure, usually the CF call, I guess...... but this is the bozo that lost the game 2 games back. I don't like him.

2 minutes ago, h2oface said:

Dolaldson didn't get an error on that gaff. Just another example of charity worker scorers. So the Berrios gets the fallout. Earned runs, but you aren't fooling me. 

If he didn't just drop the ball and made the throw and the runner was safe, I could understand it. But he just made an error transfering the ball to his hand. Pure and simple. He dropped it. Error. 

It didn't help that Berrios missed the bag with his foot either on the other play. The two runners that scored were basically on errors, and both become earned runs. This is Twins baseball, folks.

It could get changed to an error, not the Berrios play, that was a hit

8 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

It could get changed to an error, not the Berrios play, that was a hit

... because Berrios made an error and didn't step on the bag which would have been an out and not a hit. Yup. Sure fire hit. Always scored that way. Charity.

Just now, sampleSizeOfOne said:

Cruz channelling his inner piranha....

Headline...

"Nelson Cruz on IL after trying to slide into home from 15 feet out with no chance to score anyway."

• Twins Daily Video