Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

glunn

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,696
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by glunn

  1. This is an excellent first post. I hope that you become a regular.
  2. Here is a nice article about today's ceremony: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25364308/torii-hunters-retirement-press-conference-too-sore-to-play-anymore It appears that he was having soreness problems: "The last two years, I've been sore," Hunter said, responding to a question about what's different this time. "I've definitely been fighting some soreness. My wife has to push me out of bed. It took me an hour and a half or two hours to get warmed up just to stretch. "I never thought I'd get there this soon. Forty? Man, It's time."
  3. Moderator note - please tone down the personal attacks and bickering. I just deleted a bunch of posts and we will start handing out infraction points if the bickering continues. I appreciate the strong convictions on both sides of this, but the integrity of our forums depends on keeping the discussion RESPECTFUL.
  4. Only 7 more days. I wish that I had an Eric Cartman time machine.
  5. It appears that Taylor Rogers had a good game today -- he started the game and had one earned run in 4 innings and 5 strikeouts. Interestingly, neither Twins catcher played, and ABW DH'd and went 1 for 4 with a walk and two Ks. http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2015_10_14_srrwin_scowin_1&t=g_box&sid=l119
  6. Based primarily on the eye test, which is obviously subjective, it has seemed to me that Dozier has looked tired and/or injured. I wish that he had received more days off.
  7. Except in the movie Avatar. Damn those sky people.
  8. As of this moment both the Lookouts and Kernels are ahead in the bottom of the 4th innings of their games.
  9. Tough loss but still only 1.5 games behind the fading Astros.
  10. There is a new place where they make the ice cream to order and freeze it with liquid nitrogen. My dog is slowly working his way through their menu.
  11. I have promised the dog a walk to get ice cream if the Twins win tonight.
  12. Good at bat by a (tired) Brian Dozier?
  13. No, but I hear that it was a cheap one.
  14. 142 out of 145 games seems like a lot, and diving for the ball can cause nagging injuries. I wonder how he compares against other second basemen in terms of days rested.
  15. To be fair he has a hit and a run tonight. That said, I wish that he was resting tonight. He has played in 142 games this season.
  16. Because his stats are not great? http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1947817/jr-graham
  17. I wonder if the ushers are lenient in letting people move from $10 seats to better seats when there are thousands of better seats like tonight.
  18. Because you would never touch the ball?
  19. Torii!!! This game is far from over.
  20. It looked like Sano would have been out - good decision to hold him.
  21. That is cold but resonates of truth.
  22. It sounds like a lot of people are discouraged, but this game is not yet half over and maybe the Twins will come back. I wish that there were more fans in the stands. A full ballpark might elicit more energy.
  23. I am having trouble understanding the Achter decision. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe he looked great in his last bullpen session and/or maybe some of the other guys have injuries. If anyone has some other justification for bringing in Achter, please post it.
  24. At least I was able to listen to this game on my car radio on the way home. Now I have to eat the dinner that my wife cooked, but the game is in high def and we can still win this. I see the rest of this game as a test of how much energy and focus the Twins can muster down the stretch.
×
×
  • Create New...