twinssporto
Verified Member-
Posts
2,833 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by twinssporto
-
Nice write up Nick. You articulated in prose exactly what I was thinking too. Rosie can hit and has huge power behind his swing. I remember reading somewhere a number of years back that some senior people within the Twins organization thought Rosario was their best hitter in the minors. Molitor did spend a lot of time with Rosario during the minors and they built a close relationship. Obviously Molitor is a believer batting him 4th. On the flip side Molitor had Polanco batting 4th last year as well. It would be interesting to get Molitors thoughts on the 4 slot. He does some interesting things with lineups.
-
Trade and Tax - the new baseball problem
twinssporto commented on mikelink45's blog entry in mikelink45's Blog
Awesome blog. Thanks Mike! -
Thanks for writing this! Fantastic! What an amazing person.
-
Article: Twins To Sign Lance Lynn
twinssporto replied to Tom Froemming's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Love it! The team has really got to be excited...Momentum builder! -
Article: An Offense Poised To Do Damage
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I couldn't agree more. This offense is gonna be potent! I went through the whole potential lineup and I wouldn't want to pitch through it. Couple of thoughts: 1. Half the guys are 25 years old or younger. I don't think they care who is pitching against them. I see little fear from the young guys after what they did last year. They have a ton of confidence. 2. The veterans are motivated too. Oh, and they are good hitters. Mauer, Dozier, LoMo (one great year I know) but probably wreaks of confidence after last year. 3. The bench. Not mediocre. Escobar did more than ok as a back up at 3rd to Sano. Grossman can get on base. 4. Home runs. This will be fun to watch. The numbers in this category could get ridiculous. These estimates are not unreasonable. Dozier 30, Buxton 21, Kepler 24, Rosario 29, Escobar 18, Sano 30 (with a 30 day suspension and healthy), Castro 17, Mauer 12, LoMo 29, Polanco 12, Grossman 5, Misc players 5. 232 total. Seems reasonable to me.- 10 replies
-
- minnesota twins
- logan morrison
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brian Dozier: I'll Be A Free Agent
twinssporto replied to John Bonnes's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I dont think Dozier is saying he doesn't want to be a Twin any longer. In fact, I interpret the comments to mean he would like to stay. He's a great ball player and leader in the club house. Hope he stays but I get it. If he can pull an extra $5mm + or more a year for his services elsewhere good for him. More importantly, what really gets me excited about Dozier is that he will be a free agent next year! If anyone is going to work extra hard and pull out all the stops, this will be the year for Dozier to do it. I'm betting this could be his best year as a Twin. As you mentioned in a previous post he will be 31. Regression does eventually take hold. As my tag line says, "on a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero". Go Dozier! -
Article: Sano Going To Let It Eat
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Like the photos shown in the StarTrib? -
Article: Sano Going To Let It Eat
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Unfortunately for Sano, you, me and the rest of the Twins fan base that FOREVER looks more like 3 years the way he's going now. -
Article: Sano Going To Let It Eat
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I was going to write up a long post today about Sano but Ted was quicker. That being said I think there is more to discuss besides his weight. I mentioned this the other day in a different post but I think the Twins organization has some serious concerns about Sano. The way Molitor spoke the other day it sounds like they are trying to work on his attitude as much as the weight. https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/09/twins-frustrated-mlb-investigation-into-miguel-sano-unresolved/ I am really rooting for Sano but as Ted mentioned in his article I think most of his issues have been self-inflicted. I would be shocked if Sano starts the season at 3B. In fact, I don't think the Twins will put him in the field until he drops 40lbs. People and athletes alike get injured all the time. Even if his entire lower body was immobilized thats not an excuse to gain that much weight. Its not how far or how long he does aerobic exercises it what he puts in his mouth. The Minnesota Twins dietician (Kate Moran) is hopefully on full code red alert now. Either way, this is not how I wanted to see Sano come into spring training. On a more funny note I read an article in the StarTrib yesterday about Sano and some of the comments people were making made me double over in laughter. Here's just a few: I bet a Sano bobblehead doll would weigh 68 pounds.You know who I feel the most sorry for? That reinforcement rod in his shin.If he hits an infield grounder can the Twins use a designated runner?Don't MLB base paths have road weight restrictions on them?Sano for Archer trade. Its like a two for one. -
I think this a great trade. Odorizzi could provide some very good results the next year or two. I was encouraged by the article on him that the Tampa Bay Times did after his last start in 2017. Odorizzi said he's never felt better as a pitcher and was excited to take the momentum he had in September into next year. Time will tell. By the way, here is chart I found on "Beyond the Box Score" that shows pitching aging curves by total fWAR. Just thought it was interesting to see. I would like to see this through 2017. I also edited post to include 20+ game starter aging curves. http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/4041081/Aging_2.png http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/4041249/Aging_3.png
-
Article: Twins Sign RHP Anibal Sanchez... No, Really
twinssporto replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Totally agree. People misreading the market is not rare. I'm no exception. Loved Enron at $56, Worldcom at $44....wife put me on stock probation too. -
Article: Twins Sign RHP Anibal Sanchez... No, Really
twinssporto replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
You know a free-agent signing is weak when the front office says this: "Sanchez is also considered a veteran leader who can help mentor younger pitchers. He could be valuable in that role this spring, even if he doesn't make the club". If I read one more time about an older FA bringing veteran leadership to the team I'm gonna be sick. Can't Kaat fill that role? I thought thats why we hired him... -
I agree its a big jump. It would be great to see some long-term stats on how pitchers do jumping from AA to Majors. I'm sure the analytic guys in MLB have some of that data. I personally think you are going to see players spending less time in the minors as these "new baseball" people mix up the status quo thats been going on for the last 50+ years. Not saying its right or wrong but this new generation seems more willing to break with tradition occasionally.
- 75 replies
-
- jose berrios
- ervin santana
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm going to Tweet some pics of me throwing the ball with my kid in the yard today. I might qualify for a starting spot in the rotation this year...
- 75 replies
-
- jose berrios
- ervin santana
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
This is something to consider: The Twins have been very quiet on the topic of not signing Darvish. I have looked at numerous web sites, Startrib, Pioneer Press, ESPN, etc...very few comments from the Twins FO. Has anyone seen a quote or post from the Twins FO? My guess is there is a lot going on right now. I'm not thrilled with their plan B or C but something is cooking in a big way. If the FO doesn't do anything the pitch forks will be coming out of the hay stacks (to quote River Brian in another post)... You heard it here first. Trust me. I'm a Twins fan!
-
Article: Darvish Down To The Studs
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm not a CPA but Mauer calling Florida home avoids paying MN income tax on his other earnings, I.e investment accounts, real estate income from other areas, outside income from advertising, etc., etc. -
Article: Darvish Down To The Studs
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
That's typically how it works. However...your home domicile plays a role too. For instance, I believe Mauer is a Florida resident. It makes a difference. -
I thought a decision was imminent this week? Again, can we please rename this thread? Still waiting...
- 330 replies
-
- yu darvish
- chris gimenez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Maybe a better way to say this would be: Where else could we make a better return on our investment?
- 26 replies
-
- jaime garcia
- alex cobb
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: MLB Shift Driving Market Realities
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I agree the front offices are getting more "sensible" and they are taking money out of the overpaid end of the system. However, I don't agree that it won't go back into the system. What's wrong with managing your cash wisely? Why do the Yankees and the other big market teams always do so well? They use their cash reserves to sign free-agents instead of trading away their farm prospects to build a team. If the Twins new FO can make consistent and wise FA choices (i.e., not signing Darvish to a 7 year deal) they should be in a good position going forward to offer early extensions to their younger guys before reaching free agency (Buxton) and also have the cash reserves to jump on a good FA player when the opportunity presents itself.- 83 replies
-
- major league baseball
- yu darvish
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: MLB Shift Driving Market Realities
twinssporto replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
If you follow that logic all the way through then let the players pool their money together and buy out all the owners. Now the ballplayers own the teams. Not likely to happen...- 83 replies
-
- major league baseball
- yu darvish
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm all for signing one of these guys to a one year contract. Why not? Seems like an excellent idea if the player and agent get desperate. I never expected the Twins would get close to signing Darvish this offseason. However, a couple of days ago I've done 180 degree turnaround. I actually think the Twins are still going to sign Darvish. Here's why: 1. Milwaukee supposedly offered a 4 year contract. Twins 5 years. Cubs are in this too but I don't think they want to increase the payroll that much. 2. The other big market teams are out of this for compelling reasons (payroll penalties). 2. Darvish wants 7 years. He can ask for that all day long but if nobody is offering that he has only 3 options: lower his expectations, sit the year out or sign a BIG one year contract (unlikely). 4. The Twins are a competitive team, with a great lineup, a great defense and a pitchers ballpark. 5. What's left? Not a lot except for the Twins...
-
Note to Moderators - This thread should be re-titled: "Still Waiting..."
- 330 replies
-
- yu darvish
- chris gimenez
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

