Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Badsmerf

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,904
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Badsmerf

  1. Rondon is 2 years older, so not the same comparison. We might be on the verge of seeing Stewart in 2 years too if things go right. Berrios is more than on track for that timeframe.
  2. I don't think Jorge is really being challenged in this league. Seems to have found his control again. I would like to see him go back up to Cedar Rapids, but I don't think that will happen.
  3. Jokin, Adam and May are nowhere even close to each other. First of all in your comparison May struck out 1 per 9 better and walked almost double the batters.... yet had similar results. That tells me he has better stuff, but control was an issue. Also, May had a k/9 of 12 the previous season. These two are not comparable, May is/was a much better prospect. That doesn't take away that Adam has a shot to be an MLB pitcher. Swarzak struck out more guys than he did in the lower minors. However, looking at their age 22 season and Swarzak's next few seasons, they don't look like much. Swarzak really grew after a few seasons with the Twins, so Adam certainly could do that.
  4. Wow you are all acting like this is a God send move and Ryan has done an amazing job this season. These trades have been good. Let's not get carried away with the "normal tr standards" stuff. He's still part of the reason they are in this mess. Anyway. I'm happy for Willingham and the royals. I'll be pulling for them the rest of the season. It will be nice to have fresh blood in the playoffs. They have the pitching to do well, and Willingham will help them score runs. I thought this would be a good fit a few weeks back.
  5. 4.6 k/9 is not"decent" no matter what level a player is at. That is a catastrophically terrible k rate. Anyway, my post us about Wimmers. I'm pretty excited about his results this year. He has to transition into starting. Swarzak was a pretty successful milb starting pitcher. I'd also hope to see what Wimmers can do in the afl. How long until a 40 roster spot needs to be decided on him?
  6. Oxtung you have a point, but you are also missing the premise. If innings is the issue, the bullpen is the best place to manage him. He can still have a similar routine, he just isn't going to start games, just come in relief. Plus, what is his limit 150? So he could theoretically come up and start... then get sent to the pen to close out the year or shut down. The premise is Meyer needs MLB innings to continue his development. He needs to face MLB hitters. He needs to struggle. He needs to be put in a situation that the start of 2015 he can take off running. The same goes for May. This organization has trouble convincing itself to start the season with rookies... yet they let these two guys spend the entire year in AAA without even a cup of coffee. Its maddening.
  7. I hate this article. Sorry Nick. The Twins can come up with any argument they want. The fact remains, they are purposefully not putting the best players on the field. That, in my opinion, is disrespect to the fans. Meyer's pitch count may be 90 (usually its 100... not a significant difference), that doesn't mean those 90 pitches aren't better used in the MLB. Pulling the development card or the play it safe card is asinine. The guy is in his mid-20, blowing away AAA hitters at his will and has logged plenty of time in the minors. He's a professional ballplayer, not a 12 year old kid preparing for the little league world series. I've been beyond pissed for 2 months about their decision making on pitchers.
  8. That might be true for me too.... With that question being if he can hit RH pitching.
  9. Parker, you are immensely valuable to this website. That foot placement also would force him to hit the top part of the ball, resulting in less power and a higher average. I don't really like it, because a closed stance doesn't allow you to fully open your hips and square a ball up. At some point defenses will adjust. Still, if he can continue his plate discipline and maintain a nice OBP he will be worth his contract.
  10. I thought Seattle was getting Smyly? Pretty disappointing if the only trade the Twins make is Fuld.
  11. Pino can catch too? Love the versatility!
  12. Please no. The Twins have enough average starting pitchers....
  13. If they get a WS tittle out of it, I'd say it was well worth it. At this point, they are going to be extremely tough to beat.
  14. You mean too many mediocre starting pitchers. I had no doubt that I would say that.
  15. They did for Hicks.... and he had no indication he could handle it.
  16. Who is the next to be dealt? The Twins might make more trades today than they have any other deadline.
  17. And so it starts. Today could be a pretty interesting day. Stay tuned yall.
  18. I didn't realize garver is crushing it this season. That gives me hope after pinto. If he fails there are guys coming up with talent.
  19. Brock,

     

    I'm having trouble viewing the site in my browser. It seems like it is overloaded with spyware and completely bogs down my computer. I have adblock in chrome and it goes crazy every time I visit the site.Need some help. Might be on my end too.

  20. Is it wrong that most of the articles I completely skip nowadays and just go straight into commenting like I read the whole thing? No? Whew, that was a load off my shoulders. It must be hard for the regular bloggers to think of stuff (correction... baseball related stuff) to blog about. Usually when I feel the need for a blog it has nothing to do about baseball, not really anyway. Its time for a revolution. We as members need to take over the blogs and articles section from current incumbents. Years of turmoil and oppression from the main page has beaten us down. We need to stand up. Blog about random dumb things as much as possible (please try to make sense though, I wont name names but somebody's blogs are pretty loony). Why can't we read a blog about the under-armor boxer-brief mania that has been sweeping the Twins clubhouse? Or the new Axe body spray Aaron Hicks is using? Come on guys. Lets think outside the diamond (hehe, yeah I did that).
  21. Big fan of this move. Buy low for the Twins. Kubel will provide some depth at DH and a corner OF spot. He also allows Willingham or him to be trade bait at the deadline. Hopefully the concrete has cured enough to allow him to hit some HR's....
  22. If that is the roster Terry Ryan will not be the GM of the Twins in 2015. That roster means he makes absolutely no moves at all. I'm very doubtful that happens.
×
×
  • Create New...