Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Badsmerf

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,904
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Badsmerf

  1. I'm not disputing the advances Hicks had made, simply that he is more deserving of playing time in CF than Buxton. I think Hicks still has a chance to be nice CF for a team. His splits are just so incredibly drastic, that it would be difficult for me to hand over RF to him in 2016 with a back-up option. However, I assume Kepler is that option so the Twins are set. Hicks has improved against RHP this season, and that is encouraging. If he has a nice year going at the deadline next year maybe he can be flipped for something of value to a team in need of a CF. I don't however, believe he should be getting in the way of Buxton's playing/development time in CF for the rest of this season. Buxton proved he is healthy in AAA, that should be good enough.
  2. Hicks is living off a .417 BABIP against LHP. That, is completely unsustainable. Once those numbers decline, his .634 OPS against RHP will carry a lot more weight. Plus, Buxton is by far a better defender. I'll take Buxton right now, all day long.
  3. Man.... Joba was do hyped back in the day. Reminds me of lastings milledge, and Fernando Martinez. Such hype, and absolutely no results. These guys were all rumored in the Santana trade saga. Turns out, twins received the best player of the bunch, just traded him too early.
  4. Stewart with another nice start. I really think the trade deadline start had him rattled. Besides that start he's looked really good lately. The k rate is creeping up and he continues to not give up xbh. With a gb ratio like his, I think his results are only going to get better the higher he goes.
  5. Surgery? It was a meniscus he had scoped. For some reason, it took months to recover....
  6. Hopefully this is ABW trying to adjust. He needs to. I don't mind him striking out, but 30+% is too high to be a successful MLB player.
  7. Great start by Stewart! Hopefully the last outing was a result of trade deadline nerves. Nonetheless, he has 5 more starts this season. Keep it up.
  8. Tough start for Gonsalves. He doesn't seem to pitch deep into games very often. Anyone know what pitch count limit he's being held to?
  9. At this point, Kepler being promoted really doesn't do much unless it is to the Twins. Like Seth said, I'm betting he plays in AAA for a good chunk of 2016. He'll be the swing man when injury happens. Jim, there has been a lot of prospects come up and not play every day. When Benson and Parmalee made the jump from AA they weren't in the lineup everyday. It seemed like a reward for great seasons and to get a taste of the MLB. Hopefully they do the same with Kepler (and limit Mauer's ABs).
  10. Still, throwing strikes is his problem, has been his problem, and will always be his problem. 3 bb in 6 ip is bad. I'm not denying his stuff, guys can't hit him. I wonder if the twins did dine tinkering and had it back fire... again.
  11. Meyer can't throw strikes. That isn't on the coaches. The book is out on him. Minor leagues do scouting too. Even when he was dominating aaa he was waking to many guys. The thought around here was he could compensate with strike outs. The problem with strike outs is you have to actually throw strikes sometimes. Meyer has a problem and outs becoming clear the twins aren't able to fix it. It's a shame, I had high hopes for him.
  12. Slowey was also a pretty effective pitcher until his injury. Never was the same.
  13. How important is this? Would you rather trade pieces now for a long-shot at even making the playoffs, or save them for 2016/2017 when the team is more poised at making a run? I'm not even talking about these prospects contributing to the Twins, rather, being available to hypothetically trade at a more appropriate time.
  14. I don't really agree. I'm not talking about getting a guy experience, I'm talking about multiple guys extended looks. That is what will allow the Twins to evaluate the bullpen in the offseason and make good choices about how to proceed. I don't want a band-aid, I want solutions.
  15. Why do they have to trade for a RP when they have so many internal options? Seriously, its ludicrous these guys haven't been given a shot. I'd prefer to get all these young guys experience before trading for an old, value-less RP. If a RP is going to struggle, I'd rather it be while Duffey, Berrios, Rogers, Achter, Tonkin are getting experience. You don't know what you need if you don't know what you have.
  16. That is all I want JR to try and do. If his past actions have taught us anything, its that he is very conservative with his prospects. I don't expect that to change for a long shot WC game. When he's had the opportunity to make a big move and put the Twins over the edge, the price was never right. I'm pretty confident he isn't going to get fleeced in a trade right now. One thing I like about him, is that he doesn't overreact or make rash decisions (Capps for Ramos anyone?). That doesn't mean he never makes bad trades. Span for Meyer looks like it isn't going to end well; but at the time I don't think anyone believed it was a bad decision (I am very skeptical on Meyer and still support that trade).
  17. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm at about a 4 on strike outs by Stewart. It's worth consideration, that's about it. He has an excellent gb ratio, allowed only 1 hr all year and is only in his second season of year round baseball. He is having a good season. I'm hopeful some if this weak contact he is getting will start turning into swing and miss. He has a 3.14 era, so he is doing something right.
  18. I hope you're right Seth. Seems like he is starting to click a little. A strong second half would be huge for him and the twins. More than anything it looks like his approach is improving. He doesn't have to hit a bunch of extra base hits if he can just get on base a lot. But, adding 20 pounds of muscle in the next few years will have a dramatic difference.
  19. Why is everyone continuing to talk about Gibson for Tulo? This trade makes no sense for either team. This trade makes no sense for either team. This trade makes no sense for either team. Why is this such a difficult concept? If the Twins were in this situation, Twins fans would want Berrios and Polanco. Shoot, the Twins traded Santana for less than that.
  20. Have to be excited about Jorge and the year he's had. Last season was rough on him, don't really know the whole story, but certainly didn't pitch like himself. Between him, Hu, Stewart, Gonsalves, Thorpe the Twins have some nice young arms.
  21. Hall of fame? Jumping the gun a little on that. Radke had 4 seasons over 5 WAR, an ERA+ under 100 once in 12 season, pitched less than 180 innings twice. He was a pretty good pitcher for his entire career. He was also drafted out of high school and pitched 180 innings when was 22. That said, Gibson is having a better year than Radke ever did. He strikes out as many or more and has an elite GB rate. Sure, he could regress, but why would he? He's been doing this since he was drafted. Had he not had TJ he would be in his 4th full season with the Twins. We can make a bet on who has more value the rest of their career, Gibson vs. Tulo....
  22. Yes. I wouldn't trade Gibson for him. Trading Gibson is just plain stupid. He is in his prime, cost controlled, doesn't have an elite track record. Would the Giants trade Bumgarner on their way to the postseason? Plus, the Rockies wont even be good until after Gibson is past his prime. Just doesn't make sense. What would make sense is someone like Berrios. However, if the Twins would trade their best pitching prospect they would need Hundley included..... which would require them to add more players into the deal. If Tulo was 2 years younger it would make this an easier conversation. At this point, he is going to start declining and the 2 sides wont match up.
  23. Who will be more valuable going forward, berrios or Gibson? That is a tough question. Gibson is pitching fantastic right now but berrios is younger. I think any deal would have to include hundley. Trading Gibson also decreases the twins talent on the starting staff by a significant amount. I would do berrios, chargois, arcia for the two of them. Wonder what their asking price is.
  24. Pretty cool Seth. Thorpe is one of my favorites. I was disappointed with the delay in the decision for surgery, like everyone else. I'm sure recovery for a prospect is extremely difficult. They have no money, unable to work on pitching, still have the same responsibilities. Good luck to him.
  25. Takes talent for that. Walker is an example of a guy with power that is developing. Otherwise, perennial 30 hr guys are rare, especially in this era. You either have to get lucky or draft someone like bryant or Harper that are can't miss. Twins have never been very good at identifying those guy later in the draft.
×
×
  • Create New...